Author's Chapter Notes:
This just eases us into the next chapter.
The planning took the better part of the afternoon, but when they were finished a sense of urgency pervaded the New Orleans’ night that followed. Remy left to gather the rest of his den of thieves and Nae-Nae sent Marie and Logan off to bed with a saucy, “bon temps, bebettes!”

When they reached their room Logan softly closed the door and leaned back against it; his eyes caressing Marie’s face with tender caring sweeps. “It’s a good plan,

Darlin’.” Pushing away from the door he moved to stand over her, “that’s for tomorrow, though.” Slowly, his fingers loosed the buttons on her blouse and smoothed it off her shoulders. “Tonight,” he murmured and just as carefully he unfastened her bra and she let it fall to the floor at her feet as his fingers worked to render her completely bare to him, “is ours, baby.”

Swallowing, Marie moved in close and her slender fingers dragged the white cotton t-shirt from his jeans and she slowly pushed it up and off of him; it feel to the floor, with her discarded garments, at their feet, and she knelt upon them as she tugged the belt from his jeans and undid the buttons holding his jeans in place. When his jeans joined the pile, Logan tried to guide Marie to her feet, but she gently pulled from his grasp. “We done everything else,” she murmured her eyes slumberous as she met his guess, “except this.”

Leaning in she pressed her lips to his muscled belly, finding the vein that had caught her attention three days earlier she followed its downward journey with the flat of her tongue. “Marie,” Logan groaned, his hands fisting in her silky hair.

Smiling, up into his pleasure tortured face she pressed an open-mouthed kiss to his bellybutton. “Ah know what ya like, Sugah, Ah’ve felt the echo of it a thousand times. It used to wake, me up dreamin’ the way they made ya feel; never thought Ah’d ever have the chance to pleasure ya the same as them.”

Falling to sit on her heels Marie pressed her nose into the dark curls at the base of his throbbing shaft. “This is so much more than that, Marie,” he whispered as she took his heavy sac into her mouth and fondled them with her tongue; she knew it was just the way he liked it to be done, none of the others had known what Logan liked best, but Marie did. “You are so much more than any of them to me.”

Grasping his member in her fist she squeezed, Logan’s reaction didn’t disappoint as he roughly dragged her mouth from her self appointed task and brought her lips to the head of his cock. Laughing, she obliged him and began rhythmically suckling the sensitive head and prodding it with her tongue; while her hand fisted and stroked.

“Marie,” he growled, his fingers massaging her scalp. “Jesus, Baby! Stop, oh, damn!” He was close; Marie smiled, and using her tongue she pressed him to the roof of her mouth, slowly she began to take him deeper. She knew what he liked, what he craved and gave it to him; as her white little teeth scraped lightly over his flesh he came with a roar. Every muscle in his body strained and bulging as she drank him down; he fell to his knees when she pulled away with one final suckling swirl of her tongue over the tip of his cock. His hands tangled in her long hair curled over her shoulders pulling her to him as he recovered.

Silently, after this body was once more firmly under his control Logan lifted Marie into his arms and carried her to their bed. Laying her in the center of the soft mattress he climbed in behind her and guided her onto her side with her back to his chest. Cradling her head in one palm Logan kissed her languidly all the while his other hand stroked and explored.

Lifting her left leg and draping it over his hip Logan slowly filled her, stealing her breath, but he stopped her movements when she tried to coax him deeper. “No,” he murmured against her lips, letting his fingers comb through her curls and find that nub that seemed to hold the key to her pleasure. With gentle strokes and probing kisses Logan brought Marie to her own completion without one single thrust of his cock within her.

“Logan,” she breathed, tightening her inner muscles around him.

“Shh…” Logan whispered, tenderly brushing her hair from her sweat-slicked cheeks. “Sleep, baby, I just want to feel you like this.” Nuzzling his face into her neck he toyed absently with one hardened nipple as they lay together enveloped in the sensual heat of the night; drifting into perfect, dreamless sleep.
________________________________________

The next day found Logan and Marie on the highway back to Meridian and her parents. The sun was rising in the east and the sky glowed orange as they set out, fat and happy, after one of Nae-Nae’s bountiful breakfasts. Logan guided the SUV with one hand on the wheel and the other hand clasped in both of Marie’s.

He’d awakened that morning, tangled with her lithe form and he was damned sure he’d never slept that good in all his life. Smiling like a fool Logan pulled one of her hands to his mouth and kissed the back, “you okay, Darlin’?”

“Ah am fine,” she murmured her voice warm and slow as molasses. “An’ you, Sugah?”

“Hell, Marie, I haven’t ever felt this damned good,” he told her and the lazy smile that seemed to be plastered on his features since their first night in New Orleans widened.

“Ya know ya should probably wipe that look off o’ your face or mah daddy is gonna know what ya been up to,” she laughed.

“I think I’ll take my chances, Darlin’,” Logan laughed, glancing at her briefly. “You call the firecracker?”

“Yeah,” Marie sighed, “An’ I ask Daddy to call and let Storm know they been havin’ a bit o’ trouble with one o’ their kids.”

“That ought to get the team here,” Logan nodded, “you tell your parents what we got planned?”

“To a point, Sugah,” Marie sighed, “Ah don’t want ‘em worrin’ ‘bout what Ah’m doin’; just told ‘em Ah needed to get some things settled, is all.”

“It ain’t too late to back out,” Logan assured her as he pulled his cigar from his pocket and lit up. “We haven’t set anything in motion that can’t be stopped.” The ‘yet’ was loud clanging noise reverberating within the SUV, even though it never left Logan’s mouth; it was simply understood. Marie knew they could turn back now, but they both also knew that they had a better chance of subverting war from the inside.

“We do this,” she murmured, her eyes studying Logan’s profile. “Better to alienate a few friends than watch ‘em die.” Logan wrapped a finger around the fat cigar and clenched the wheel a little tighter as he scowled out the windscreen. “What are ya thinkin’?”

Logan shot her a quick look, but his eyes found the road again quickly. With a heavy sigh he looked back at her and then away out his side window for a moment. “When we join up with them, she’ll be there.”

“You tryin’ to tell me somethin’?”

"Yeah, kid-," Logan sighed.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry, my muse wanted to have a little fun.