Author's Chapter Notes:
Another bitty chapter to slide into the next chapter.
Marie sucked in a surprised breath, her heart twisting and her eyes prickling with the ache of tears, “You tryin’ to tell me somethin’?”

“Yeah, kid I-,” Marie saw red, one second she was steeping in impending heartbreak and the next she was boiling like a kettle left to long on the flame. Hauling off, she punched him as hard as she could in the shoulder, “Fuck, what they hell, Marie!?”

“So, what, ya gonna just move on,” She demanded, and moved to whack him again, but Logan caught her fist and held it in a firm grip. “Ah can’t believe-,”

“What,” Logan’s voice wasn’t raised, when he spoke, but it conveyed his anger as clearly as if he’d roared at the top of his lungs. “What the hell are ‘you’ saying, Marie?”
Tears slipped from her eyes as she snatched her hand from his and folded her arms around herself protectively. “Now,” she glared, “it’s Marie; just a second ago it was kid.”

“It’s a term of endearment,” he growled, his eyes narrowed. “What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“Just say it, Logan,” Marie pleaded as she turned away from him. “Just tell me.”

“What,” Logan demanded, “I don’t know what the hell happened. One minute I am trying to bring up the fact that Jeannie will be able to read our thoughts and the next I’m being attacked.”

Marie froze; her startled gaze finding Logan’s scowling face. “Ya weren’t tryin’ to say it was nice fuckin’ ya, Marie, but Ah’m lookin’ forward to seein’ her again?” The glacial look the slid over Logan’s face was frightening, but not nearly as frightening as the way he jerked the wheel and swerved across two busy lanes to turn onto an access road without a signal or a glance. Their exit from the interstate was heralded by blaring horns and squealing tires. “Logan?”

The SUV skidded on the dirt road and gravel flew helter-skelter when Logan slammed on the brakes making the vehicle fish tail. Marie was surprised the gear stick didn’t snap off with the force Logan put behind shifting into park. He hadn’t looked at her once since she spoke, his nostrils were flared and his hands clenched the wheel as though it was the only thing keeping him from wringing her neck.

“Get out,” his voice was flat, angry.

“Wh-what,” she stammered. He didn’t mean to just leave her here did he?

“Get out of the car, Rogue, and run like hell,” his growled words were warning and demand.

“No,” she shook her head.

“You’ll do what I say, ‘Little Girl’,” Logan snarled, the steely gaze that penetrated her wasn’t a look she’d seen on his face before; it felt like someone else was looking at her.

“Ah-no,” she unfastened her seatbelt and moved toward him, stopping when Logan released a warning growl from his throat. “Ah misunderstood,” she moved to approach him again, but he shoved his door open and left her sitting in the car alone. Before he took off into the forest at a dead run.

Following him as quickly as she could, Marie caught up to him about a quarter mile from the SUV. She knew the only reason she was able to catch him was because he’d allowed her to do so. He stood, back muscles bulging, arms held slightly out at his sides with his claws gleaming in the sunlight. The look on his face twisted her heart as he turned his head and met her gaze. “You think I was fucking you, Marie?”

The pain lacing his words clawed at her heart and she shook her head, “No.”

The bitter laugh that escaped his chest startled her. “Don’t lie to me, Darlin’, I can smell it remember.”

“Ah ain’t lyin’,” she denied.

“You think,” he turned to face her and his words were punctuated by another step closer to her, “I’m.” step, “a rutting,” step, “animal!”

“Ah don’t,” she stepped closer to him, “It’s just she’s so beautiful.”

“Naturally,” Logan nodded, “you think that I’d fuck you six ways till Sunday and then say, ‘Thanks for spreadin’ your legs, darlin’,’ all because she’s got choice tits and legs that lead to an ass that won’t quit.”

“Now,” she growled stepping right up to Logan until her chest pressed into his, “you’re just tryin’ to piss me off!”

“Well,” he growled, “you know what they say about misery loving company.”

“Ah’m sorry,” she whispered.

“Me too,” he whispered, as he pressed his forehead to her shoulder. “There are three things we need to get straight here and now,” his voice rumbled and vibrated through her as he spoke. “First, I have never fucked you. Fucking, is shoving you against the wall, pushing your panties aside so I can ram into you until ‘I’ come and then leavin’ you standing there unfulfilled with nothin’ but my seed dripping between your thighs.”

“Logan, Ah-,” she started to speak, but he silenced her with a nip to the shoulder.

“Second, you are mine,” he growled, “body and soul; the same as I am yours. Don’t even think about toying with some poor schmuck or he’ll die before he can twitch. Nobody touches what’s mine, Marie. I’ll abide by the same rules and expect you to protect your territory. If you didn’t have my healing you’d walk around with my mark on you; only think I regret is not marking you permanent before you acquired the healing.” As if to emphasize his words he angled his head and bit her throat, “third, no physical violence! If you get angry with me we talk, but words hurt more than enough; I see no need to add physical pain to the mix. Do you understand, Marie?”

“Yes,” she nodded, her arms enfolding him as he wrapped her in his. “Ah’m sorry,” Marie murmured.

“Good,” he growled as he began peeling her clothes from her body, “I need to feel you.”

It was three hours later that they finally pulled back onto the interstate and another three before they arrived back in Meridian, Mississippi. Three seemed to be the magic number.