“Stupid” *Thwack*

“Brainless” *Thwack*

“Idiotic” *Thwack*

“Addlebrained” *Thwack*

“Half-Witted” *Thwack*

“Come on now, Darlin’,” Logan never thought he’d hear that timbre of pleading in his voice, but then again he never thought he’d be on this side of Marie. Who would have thought such a little bitty thing could pack such a punch. And he wasn’t talking about the tiny fist rhythmically punctuating each seething-ly drawn out word.

Just the briefest, barest touch of his lips to her smooth as silk forehead put him on the ground faster than six bottles of Hank’s finest. He thought he was making progress this time he hadn’t ended up in a coma or seizing on the floor, just lost his footing for a moment and his knees met floor.

She’d agreed; Logan didn’t understand what the fuss was about. He’d bussed her temple and she’d gotten his healing as planned; he thought she’d be happy he hadn’t been harmed but as soon as she was confident she hadn’t done him any lasting harm she’d started in with the name calling…And the punching.

“Don’t you, Darlin’ me you-you foolish, moronic and asinine…” *Thwack**Thwack**Thwack*

“Marie,” Logan sighed exasperated, “Just stop you’re gonna hurt your hand.”

“Tin-headed, ignorant…” * Thwack**Thwack*

“Heel of your palm, Dar-er Marie, like I taught you…”
That got more of a response as Marie growled, literally, and Logan was hard pressed not to beam with pride as she grumbled and nearly hissed. This time when her hand made contact it was the heel of her palm to his left ear and it hurt like hell. “Yeah, like that, baby.”

“Logan,” she hissed as she thumped him on the chest. “You make me so angry!”

“I don’t see why,” he was truly clueless. “We talked about it, you agreed and I did what we decided.”

Logan wasn’t sure if it was the widening of Marie’s eyes for a millisecond or the way she stopped thumping him in the chest that clued him in to his emanate ruin; either way he knew Marie was getting ready to bring out the big guns. It may have been the startled and fearful look that crossed Hank’s face before he beat a hasty retreat. Yeap, he was a goner. He was proven correct when she spoke, “I could ‘ave killed ya.”

“Now, Darlin’,” he sighed.

“I wasn’t expectin’ ya to go an’ touch me first chance ya got,” her voice wavered and she turned away from him. Were those tears? He hadn’t meant to make her cry. He could take her ranting and her punching, but tears; it was like Chinese water torture.

“I know,” he muttered guiltily. “I honestly thought we’d settled it.”

“Well, we didn’t!”

“Yeah, Marie, we did.” Logan stepped up to her and took her shoulders in his hands; the way she flinched hurt deep. “I ain’t a man to pussy-foot around. We talked, you agreed and I did it. I guess I could have given ya some warning, but I thought we had an understanding. I’m sorry that I blind-sided you.”

“I hate ta see ya hurt,” her voice trembled as she spoke and Logan sighed again. Pulling her back into his chest he carefully wrapped one of his arms around her.

“I’m sorry,” he murmured. “I just reacted; things are happening right now that we ain’t gonna be able to walk away from unscathed. Magneto is goin’ to force a conflict…Mutants against humans and even mutants against mutants…War…People are gonna die on both sides. I won’t lose you not if I can give you what you need to make sure you heal from everything thrown your way.”

Marie was so quiet for so long he thought she wasn’t going to forgive him, but after a shuddering breath she sighed and murmured, “Yer right. Ah forgive ya, Sugah…Don’t do it again.”

“I won’t have to,” he tightened his arm around her and laid his mutton-chopped cheek on the crown of her head. “Once you and Hank finish with the procedure you’ll be able to control it.”

“We don’t know tha-,” she denied.

“Yeah, Darli’, we do.”

“So, stay with me while I-uh-do it?” she murmured, her voice hopeful.

“Wouldn’t miss it,” Logan smiled, pressing a chaste kiss to her hair. “You can come out now, Fuzz-Ball!”
Chapter End Notes:
Just a short bit...Because I was loaded down with work today. Hope y'all enjoy this one.