Author's Chapter Notes:
Hehe... Lara talks with our Professor...

Enjoy!

P.s. The Wolverine's coming... BWAHAHAHAHA!
Out of the blue, Kitty asked Charles through her thoughts if he wanted in on the wedding date and honeymoon pools she was about to start.

“Your welcome. If you wish to get in on the fun, Mrs. Drake is taking odds on when they plan to have the wedding date and for the location of the honeymoon. All proceeds are going to Logan and Marie. The winner at least gets bragging rights, I suppose.”

“Hmm, what kind of money are we talking here?”

“Whatever you wish to risk.”

“Put a two hundred down on April 18, 2012 for Lara and me. Another two hundred on San Diego.”

“Got it. I will be sure to pass the information along,” Charles did automatically to Kitty in the living room.

“Thanks, I better go, Lara is bouncing off the walls. Thank you for calling.”

“You’re welcome and again Happy New Year.”

“Happy New Year.


She wasn’t bounding on the couch like Tom Cruise with insanity but, Lara felt damn close to it.

“Well? Who was it?”

In a calm voice, Frank spoke to his wife, “That was Charles Xavier. He wished us a Happy New Year.”

“And… And…” she replied like an eager puppy ready for the ball to be thrown.

“Logan popped the question.”

“Really?”

Lara suddenly jumped up and started to do a little silly dance in front of the television when he nodded yes. She felt such joy flood through her and she thought of Lily. She knew that if she thought of her that somehow, Lily would be able to feel her joy. She would have called New Orleans but, she knew her sister was busy. Details… She needed details… Now!

“What else did he tell you?”

“Apparently, he did it in the White House rose garden.”

“Oh my gosh… How’d he? Isn’t it closed this time of year and so late at night? How’d he get past security?”

“I don’t know all the details my love. I do know that Xavier said once he had the master, he’ll be sending us a copy. I guess it was recorded. I thought he might do it on the holiday. By the way, you were wrong. They won’t be married by the end of the year since this is New Year’s Eve. Are you listening to me? Lara, are you in there?”

Lara felt her heart soar above her head again. She suddenly wondered if you could get light-hearted like you could get light-headed. She was so proud of her brother…

‘Yes, that’s right, brother,’ she thought.

She wouldn’t be calling him her distant, long lost cousin anymore. No, James Logan Howlett was her brother. She next thought of Marie and what she must have felt. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she mentally pictured the two of them. The next thing she knew, Frank was there with a tissue to dab her eyes. Then she suddenly remembered the children she had that had been killed, Gregory, Jesse, and Callie and the fact that she wouldn’t get to go to their weddings but, Logan came along, and she was so grateful for the opportunity to possibly see his wedding. She had to remind herself that they hadn’t been invited yet but, she knew they would be. Marie would make sure that their invite would not be overlooked.


Cerebro
Level 3 Underground
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
10:00 A.M.

Charles Xavier walked into Cerebro where there was a comfortable desk chair sitting in front of the massive control panel and helmet. He pulled back the chair and took a seat before he put the metal helmet on his hairless crown. He closed his eyes and started to concentrate. The room around him began to change as the tiles on the wall popped off and began to change. They swapped places as if it was entering a secret code and they had to be changed before Cerebro would work, like a key of sorts. The time had come to help Logan as he promised because Monday, he would be on Capitol Hill trying to keep the Mutant Registration Act from being passed. He was going to be entrenched in Senate hearings all week.

The white smoke began to become visible in his mind. Humans began to pop up like statues in still scenes, but they were very much alive. The smoke changed to red and all the mutants came forth. Then Charles began to concentrate on Lucille Westley. He expected not to find anything… Then suddenly a white dot popped up on the map! Southern California to be exact. He focused in on the brilliant dot and up popped a statue of Mrs. Lara Wyle with a spatula in her hand. He could scarcely believe what he was seeing. Was Lara Wyle actually Logan’s lost sister, Lucille Westley. A hope ignited that his first theory was right. The twins had inherited the advanced healing trait from their father. Charles let Lara’s statue fade as he next concentrated on Louisa Westley. Another surprise hit him…

There in the south, about where New Orleans would be on a map, a brilliant white dot popped up. Once again, he concentrated a little more and a statue of what he assumed Louisa looked like, appeared carrying a large pot. She looked quite a bit similar to Lara Wyle, but Logan as well. This was news he had to keep to himself for the time being. He needed to call Mrs. Wyle and find out what the story was. He spent another hour finding out where recognized enemies of the X-Men were on the map. Charles happened to spot Sabertooth on the map. He was in Westchester, no doubt. He felt close. He was concerned enough to warn Logan when he had the time. Focusing on the exactly what the feral’s activities wasn’t a priority but, just knowing he was near the school, in the same city, worried him. He left Cerebro after putting the tiles back in their secure positions and spent the rest of the morning in his office.


The Wyle Home
San Diego, CA.
11:00 A.M.

The phone suddenly rang as Frank was making a sandwich in the kitchen.

“Hello, may I speak with Mrs. Wyle please?”

“This is Frank Wyle, how can I help you?”

“Oh, hello Mr. Wyle. This is Charles Xavier.”

“Right, right. What can I do for you?”

“I would like to speak to your wife if she is available.”

“Well, she’s in watching her soaps. You know how women can be.”

“I do. I had a few digital video recorders installed with DVD recording capabilities for the needs of the staff and the older students. Young and the Restless seems to dominate. We also have Bold and the Beautiful fans here as well. I wish the energy spent on the soaps would be rededicated into the completion of their education.”

“I hear ya there. Oh, here she is. Must be on a commercial break.”


“Hello Professor, you wanted to talk to me?”

“Yes, I have something personal I must ask of you.”

Fortunately, Frank left the room.

“Personal?”

“Do you have an identical twin sister?”

“What is it you wish to know?” Lara queried, trying to find out what he was up to.

“Is she alive?” He asked as if he knew the answer through her avoidance of her earlier question.

“Yes but, I don’t want anyone to know.”

“I see.”

“I have been protecting her that way since I found out she was alive. And yes, we are identical in facial features but, now that I’ve seen James, er… Logan, she favors his hair style. She has shoulder length hair and parts of it flair back. I just saw her this past Wednesday.”

“Do you wish me to share the information or keep it hidden from Logan and Marie?”

“Now that you mention it, I need to call Marie and invite them to come have dinner here at my home. We didn’t get the opportunity when they were here.”

“I understand. I would like for you to come and train with my senior X-Men team for a week. Of course, Logan won’t be around because we both know he would try to stop you from joining the team.”

“I would like to take you up on that offer. I’ve been interested in finding out just how many talents I have as well as how far I can take them.”

“So would I. You may provide something valuable to the team.”


“As for Logan, does he know about my sister?”

“He knows that he has twin sisters, and a half-brother, however, he does not know that the twins are alive. He still believes that you are descended from the original twins. So far he believes that your sister is dead and buried.”

“The ultimate plan is that when the gang comes here for dinner, Lily is going to fly in from New Orleans, and meet James. Sorry Logan and Marie. It’s taking some getting used to. I know him as one man and you know him as another.”

“That’s understandable. I know it’s impolite to ask but, I have to know. How old are you and Lily now?”

“Well, we’ll be turning a fashionably young 165 in October.”

“I had no idea. I would be very interested in finding out Logan’s age but, because of an injury, he lost his memory.”

“It’s too bad that I don’t know when he was born either. Perhaps Lily and I can work with him to find out. She has some special gifts that she inherited from my birth mother’s family I believe.”

“I wish I could say yes, however, Logan’s feral nature is extremely dangerous if his mind becomes altered and he loses control. I wouldn’t want you or your sister to get injured, or worse.”

“Maybe, once we they come for dinner, we could take them to my cabin in Montana. It’s very secluded. You have to get in by horse or by foot in the summer. Maybe even by a small all-terrain vehicle or snow mobile in the winter.”

“That has merit. It would allow him to feel at ease. Logan doesn’t do well in city dwelling for long periods of time. He needs large areas of fresh air, trees, you know, natural surroundings.”

“I see. Well, I’ll call Marie later this week and make the arrangements.”

“Wonderful, please let me know if you have any questions or need help.”


“Well, now that you mention it. You mentioned a half-brother… What is he like? Have you met him?”

“Mrs. Wyle, you must stay away from him at all costs. He is a natural born killer you might say. He has so much evil and anger inside of him and no redeemable qualities. He tried to kidnap Marie once and that’s how Logan and Marie arrived at the school. Then he succeeded in helping to kidnap her a second time and nearly got her killed. I do know he harbors a lot of anger towards Logan. Once a year on Logan’s birthday, he finds a way to attack him.”

“I can read between the lines. I’ll have Frank call you later with our fax number, I keep forgetting it. Please fax me his picture so that I can warn Lily.”

“I will take care of sending that as soon as I can retrieve his file from the X-Men’s archives.”

“I have already asked her to find Remy Le Beau if anything happens to me or she needs help. She knows he’ll get her to you or Logan safely.”

“Yes, wise idea. I did happen to find out that Victor Creed the second, otherwise known as Sabertooth, is here in New York. I will try to monitor his activities as much as I possibly can, under the circumstances.”

“Okay, and when you get me that picture I will warn her. Although, I must admit, I don’t know why he would want to harm Lily and me.”

“He would use you as bait to lure Logan into a trap or might kill you to get to him. Because Logan tries to hold onto his humanity, Victor does not. And because Victor knows that he will protect what he cares for, Victor will always try to take that from him to try and get him into an animal like state.”

“I see your point. Give me a heads up though if you should find out that he’s headed for Lily or me.”

“You can be assured that I will do my best fulfill your request.”

“Thank you, that’s all I can ask for.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Well, I’ve got to go to the little girl’s room so I’ll let you go Professor.”

“Oh, yes my dear. Good bye.”

“Good bye.”


As Lara ran to the restroom, she couldn’t help but feel some anxiety about the things she discussed with Xavier and learned about her half-brother. Lily would definitely have to be protected because of her special gifts. Off hand, Lara knew that Lily and she shared a twin gift with each other. They both could feel each other’s emotions and when the other was physically sick or in pain. She knew that she also shared enhanced senses and advanced healing from their father. Where Lily was different, she never lost a thing because she had the ability to have flashbacks and premonitions, where and when included. They came somewhere from their birth mother’s side. Lara also differed in other talents. She had the ability to talk to cetaceans, chiefly marine mammals, including dolphins and whales. She got that from somewhere in her birth mother’s family. Maybe Xavier could extend the invitation to train to include Lily as well? She didn’t know how the Professor would be able to distract Logan and get him away from the school for a week. It seemed to her like the wool wasn’t so easily pulled over Logan’s eyes.

Once the necessities were taken care of, she realized that she missed her soap opera episode for the day. She remembered that the digital video recorder would catch it anyway if she was called away. Then she went into the kitchen and began to plan a menu for the dinner she’d be making for Logan and Marie.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you all have a good week as I write more. Thanks for your reivews.


P.s. Victor's coming...