Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi All,

Sorry for such a long wait. We're getting inundated with family for the next two weeks and I just haven't had much time to write. It's a special two chapter posting ya'll like so much. I took a three hour break from cleaning and started work on the next chapter, I just don't know about when I will get to post.

I will also be going back to school on my days off from dialysis. So, I will be a busier beaver, but I will try to write as often as I can. I'm taking gardening and genealogy classes at the adult school. Just for a couple months.

So, I hope you like. Enjoy!
Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
7:00 P.M.

The students were watching the Disney movie, Tangled on a projector screen in the dining hall. They were all in their pajamas and there were cushions, pillows, and sleeping bags all over the humongous polished wood floor. It was a last minute slumber party Charles allowed because they would be going back to school starting on Monday. Jubilee was coming home tomorrow to fill in Henry McCoy’s chemistry classes because he was going to be busy with Charles in Washington all week, starting Monday. Xavier’s ethics classes would be subbed by Ororo. Kitty was taking on her math classes as well as teaching computer science. Marie still had her art classes and Logan still had his physical fitness, defense/offence, and martial arts classes. The students in training to become X-Men would be doing so with Wolverine, Rogue, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Shadow Cat, and Storm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

Since Charles had some free time, he went to his office and let Logan know that he needed to see him on an important matter. The time had come to discuss Sabertooth and his recent activities.


Logan didn’t want to leave Marie. He’d just gotten comfortable with her in his extra-large sleeping bag he’d grabbed from the boat house earlier in the day. He went to Charles’ office and before he could knock, the man told him to enter in his mind.

“You wanted to see me Chuck?”

“Yes Logan, please come in and take a seat.”

“You said it was important,” Logan did as he asked and picked out a chair in front of the man’s desk.

“Sabertooth. I picked up on his location in Cerebro earlier today. He’s close. Not too far from the school. I did not focus in on his activities but, it does give me cause for concern for the safety of the school with him positioned within the neighborhood.”

“I see. Whaddya want me to do about it?”

“I don’t want you to risk getting into an engagement with him and get injured…”

“You know I heal.”

“Yes, however, we don’t know if he’s working for someone new. With Erik dead and knowing his pattern, he’ll find someone to work for, Logan. I highly doubt he wants to come in and have a chat.”

“Right. I’ve already fixed the faults in the security systems since the attack on the school. So, I don’t see what else I can do.”

“Can you find out if he’s working as a mercenary again, without getting injured, captured, or worse?”

“I do know he’s been at Betsy and Abby’s down the road a ways. I’ve already got eyes and ears out over there.”

“Good, good. I will keep trying to track his movements as much as I can. I’m sorry I can’t do more this upcoming week but, I will use Cerebro as much as I can until tomorrow night.”

“Thanks.”


Charles opened a drawer on his desk and pulled out a padded package. He handed it to Logan.

“There’s the video you requested. Please take my advice. Watch it with Marie. Watch it in segments. Don’t do it all at once or it could trigger a bad reaction. If anything happens, make sure she knows to call for me. My mind will be open…”

“Thanks, I think. I’ll let you know when we get to it.”

“That is all I can ask for. And if you have questions, you know where to find me. Now, go before Marie gets worried.”

“Yeah, later Chuck, and thanks again. For the heads up, I mean.”

“Your welcome.”


Marie's Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
2:00 P.M.

Marie was cleaning her bathtub when the phone rang next to her on the floor.

“Hello,” she asked as she put the toilet lid down and sat down.

“It’s me, chica. Um, I was wondering. Have you and Wolvie picked out a date or come up with any more ideas yet?”

“No Jubes, not yet. Ah’m cleanin’ mah bathroom and Logan’s out huntin’ lunch. Ah think we should meet up tomorrow for lunch. As much as ah thought ah loved the dress that ah thought ah might get married in one day as a young chickadee, ah don’t know if ah could marry Logan in that dress. Besahds, ah have filled out some up top since a first dreamed up that dress.”

“I understand. I’ll pick up the latest issues of the bridal magazines and we’ll go over each one at a time when we get back. We’re in the air now and almost home. I think we’re somewhere over North Carolina.”

“Sounds fun. Ah’ll see about makin’ some plans with Logan. See ya tomorrow at work. Try not ta be too hung over when ya teach your spinnin’ class. Don’t need ya fallin’ off your bike again.”

“I’ll try. The Remster wants to go out tonight for dinner and you know what that can turn into.”

“Ah do. Just try ta change his mind a little hardah.”

“Okay, for you, chica. Gotta go. Tootles.”


“Hey beautiful, who was that,” Logan asked as he popped his head in before he just came right in.

“Jubes. Listen, ah know ya asked ‘bout settin’ a date, could we talk over lunch? Ah’m starved.”

“Yeah, sure darlin’.”

Logan sat down on the floor and pulled the Styrofoam boxes out of the plastic bags from a nearby diner.


Later on, after lunch and another bout of furious love making, Marie called Jubilee back from between the softest sheets on the planet on her bed.

“Jubes, would you be mah Matron of Honor,” she asked.

“Oh, chica. I’m honored. Of course, I will. Have you decided on the rest of the wedding party?”

“Yes, we’re makin’ an announcement Wednesday naht at Betsy and Abby’s Bar after dinner.”

“I know we’re all super busy with classes and stuff but, I’d love to continue to help you plan this wedding. I mean I really wanna make this wedding special.”

“Ah know ya will, so do ah,” she said and Logan suddenly snatched the portable phone from her hand.

“No yellow at my wedding, hear me? I find out there’s yellow in my wedding and I’ll personally feed you to the gators along a roadside somewhere,” Logan gruffly said into the phone.

Then he shoved it back into her hand and went back to sucking on her neck opposite the side where she held the phone back up to her ear. She rolled her eyes and got back on the phone with her second best friend.

“Well, we’ll have ta see about that.”

“It’s okay chica, I get Wolvie’s point. Yeah, all six of them.”

Betsy and Abby’s Bar
Westchester, NY.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
7:00 P.M.

The Professor put three of the junior X-Men team in charge of the students while the adults were going out for a few hours that evening. As he drove with Moira in the car, he found it hard to believe that former students like Marie, Kitty, Bobby, Peter, Jubilee, and so on, were now considered part of the Senior X-Men team. They had grown up so fast. He really had no choice in upgrading their status once he returned to the school. Since Jean and Scott were gone and the attack on Alcatraz Island, he realized that the X-Men needed new blood. Then the idea of getting Logan’s family on the team popped into his thoughts. He knew he desperately needed them but the largest obstacle was getting Logan’s approval of the idea.


Marie and Logan arrived at the same time in one of the school’s SUV’s. The snow was beginning to melt but it was still unsafe to ride a motorcycle on the roads. He held open the door for Marie and she kissed him quickly after her feet hit the ground.

“Hey you two, get a room.”

Logan turned his head growled. He spotted Jubilee with the Cajun Rat, Remy. He still didn’t think he was right for Jubilee but, he stayed out of their relationship as per Marie’s request. Anything for Marie… With Jubilee and Remy were Ororo and Hank, the Ice Prick, Bobby and Kitty, Peter and Kurt. Charles and Moira were the last to arrive. They all went in together and found a booth where they could all sit. Logan’s sensitive hearing picked up something alarming on their way in…

“Nobody mention the honeymoon pool. I think we’re about to find out the wedding pool results,” Jubilee spoke lowly as she waited for the rest of the gang to go in before her.

“How would you know, my dear,” Hank pointedly asked, who was bringing up the rear. Ororo was before him and she was behind Jubilee.

“Call it a hunch.”


After a few minutes of warm up necking outside the bar, the pair finally went inside. Logan walked with his arm around her shoulders and Marie had her arm wrapped around his waist. Her hand tucked into his right back pocket on his jeans so she could feel his ass through the denim. Fortunately, for her, the pocket was deep enough to do that. She decided to take a risk and she did knead his butt cheek through the denim. That earned her a growl and a whisper of things to come in her ear before they reached the table. She shivered with anticipation.

“Hey, glad to see you finally let each other’s tonsils go,” Jubilee said as they came over to the large booth.

“What’s the big announcement,” queried Peter.

“We’ve discussed it and we’ve decided on a date,” Marie smiled.

“And,” Kitty urgently and rather oddly wanted to know right away.

“April 18th in 2012.”

“But, but, that’s like two years away,” Jubilee whined.

“Yeah, and we’ah gonna need plenty of planning tahm Jubes,” Marie was quick to soothe her friend. “Ah’d also lahk to ask Ororo to be mah Head Bride’s maid and Kitty to be a Bride’s maid. Ah wanna ask Chloe to be mah Maid of Honor, once ah get around to it.”

“I’d be honored Marie,” Ororo spoke up first.

“Me too,” Kitty said before she took a sip from her hard lemonade.

“Ah’ve asked Jubes to be mah Matron of Honor, which completes mah side of the weddin’ party.”


Logan felt Marie squeeze his hand. He supposed it was his turn.

“I’ll ask my side of the party later once they are a little more sober,” he said looking at Peter, who looked like he was feeling no pain.


A few minutes later… “I’ll be damned. Hank, Lara, and Frank Wyle won,” Kitty said. “Hank’s won two.”

“Won what,” Marie asked a little shocked, and everyone goes on as if she hasn’t said a word.

“Won what, Kitty,” Logan boomed, which got everyone’s attention.

“Well, we put together a wedding date pool, the proceeds of course going to you to help with the cost of the honeymoon perhaps, anyway, it’s yours. Hank, Logan’s cousin Lara and her husband Frank won ‘cause they got it on the exact date and year. Sorry guys, had to have a little fun. Sorry honey, you forgot to specify a year, so I put your money back in your wallet,” Kitty spoke to her husband.

Bobby looked miffed but he decided to let it go. At least he hadn’t lost money.

“I suppose it’s all right if you haven’t bet on where we’re going on our honeymoon,” Logan added but, the look on her face and the other’s faces made him cringe.

“Just how many pools do ya have goin’,” Marie wanted to know.

“My guess, unless I am mistaken, we’ve got your honeymoon until after your first-born,” Charles voiced.

Marie broke out in laughter and laughed until her sides hurt when she caught sight of Logan’s blush. She had never seen him do it, so it was in deed a rare occasion.


Logan while smiling at Marie’s laugh turned another shade of red.

“Well, when we’ve picked a honeymoon, we’ll be sure and not tell you until we get back,” Logan kidded as he arched the infamous eyebrow.

“Come on, let’s go dance, sugah,” Marie requested, put her purse and coat on the seat.


As the couple went over to dance to the dance floor next to the jukebox at the far back wall, Olivia Newton-John’s version of Suddenly began to play. Cliff Richard’s part began to play first. Logan took her hand and he held it as he pulled her close. Their hands rested together on his left shoulder. Her head rested on his chest. He rested his head on her crown as they slow danced. They barely moved. They just kind of swayed with the rhythm of the music.

She walks in, and I'm suddenly a hero,
I'm taken in, my hopes begin to rise
Look at me, can't you tell I'd be so thrilled to see
The message in your eyes
You make it seem I'm so close to my dream
And then suddenly it's all there
Chapter End Notes:
Hope this chapter made you feel all warm inside. Now, let me know before you hit that small next button.

Love and Hugs!