Author's Chapter Notes:
Surprises and apartment hunting...
Sorry for the wait!
Enjoy!
“He called ta ask fer yer hand. He said that he knew that we didn’t know what he looked lahk and all but, he hoped that we would trust him ta take care of you and protect ya fer as long as he was alive.”

Tears were welling up in Marie’s eyes.

“What did ya’ll tell him?”

“Ah told him that we needed to think about it. You know how yer daddy can be.”

“Yeah mama, ah do. Did he mention that he’s lahk meh?”

“What do ya mean, lahk yew?”

“He’s a mutant, mama, and ah love him.”

“Oh, listen sugah, don’t worry. Ah’ll work on him and see what we can do.”

“Thanks mama. Ah’ve gotta go. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, baby.”


Marie hung up the phone as sobbed a little, more happy tears than anything else, because of the love and care that Logan had taken to make her happy. She really couldn’t be too mad at him for going behind her back. He had her best interest at heart. Then she dialed up Jubilee’s room number.

“Hi Chloe, it’s Auntie Marie.”

“Oh hi. Happy Valentine’s Day. Mom’s not here.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Chloe. That’s okay, ah called to tahlk to you.”

“Marie, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Can I bring a date to your wedding?”

“Chloe! Have you got a boyfriend?”

“Well, sort of. I wanted him to come so that he can meet you and Logan. He lives in New Orleans. I met him when we were there for New Year’s.”

“Then ah suppose ah’m ok with it. Ah’ll see what we can do about getting him to the wedding as well. Ah was callin’ to ask ya if ya wanted to be my maid of honor.”

“Cool, thanks. Really? Seriously? Sure! Have you picked out a date yet?”

“Yeah, April 18th, 2012. Ah think about noon. Ah’ve got it written somewhere.”

“Cool. It’s in my date book now. I’ll see if Keith can make it.”

“So that’s his name, sugah, Keith, Keith what?”

“Oh gotta go, Tigger calling me. Bye,” Chloe spoke and hung up.

“Chloe Madison get your butt back on the phone,” Marie yelled into the phone, knowing that Chloe was avoiding her question but, it was too late as she suddenly heard the dial tone.


Realtor’s Appointment
Thornwood, NY.
6:50 P.M.

Marie had gone through the tour of the apartment with Joanie Silverstein, Realtor. She couldn’t believe what they were charging for the place, only $975 a month. It was a spacious 4 bedroom townhouse, one of which could be turned into a nursery someday, she hoped... The upper two floors have two bedrooms a piece. The living room on the third floor had a fireplace, an intimate kitchen, a deck, it was even furnished. She figured she could put her stuff in storage until they figured out where everything would go. It had central heating and air conditioning. It had an alarm, cable/satellite television hook ups, marble countertops in the two and a half bathrooms, Corian kitchen counters with cherry cabinets, a 27” Sony Flat screen TV, Sony stereo, and crown moldings to boot. A dishwasher and garbage disposal, a gas range, hardwood flooring, a microwave, and they wouldn’t have to worry about utilities.

She knew was perfect. It had controlled access, a courtyard, laundry room, a pool in the complex, reserved and indoor parking, wheelchair access, and it even had a roof top garden. It hadn’t been rented since its renovation. Marie had the papers in front of her and she was dialing Logan’s number.

“Logan, ah have a question for ya.”

“What is it?”

“Do ya trust meh?”

“With my life, what’s wrong?”

“Thanks sugah, you just won yourself a huge Valentine’s Day gift.”

“Marie, what’s goin’ on?”

“Love you, sugah,” she said and then she hung up.

She signed her name on the dotted line and accepted the keys.

“Now ah take this to have mah fiancé sign tonight?”

“Yes. Just put it in an envelope and drop it off at my address on this card. I’ll be in tomorrow from ten to four. Don’t forget this is a lease option to buy apartment.”

“Great.”


Logan’s Choice Apartment.
Valhalla, NY.
10:45 P.M.

Logan let himself in and began to set up his romantic picnic. He turned up the heat to start, just to cut the chill in the room while he went to build the fire. Then he set out a blanket on the floor and began to gather pillows from around the room. He set up a couple of candlesticks and then went back to the SUV for the food in a basket and the wine, that wasn’t in a box. As he carried the basket, he could swear he felt like Little Red Riding Logan. He had a red dress shirt and black jeans with a heavy coat on. Half an hour later, he heard Marie pull up in the driveway. Logan ignited the candles just to get them going before he turned down the heater. Then he went to get Marie.

“You’re early, you look great.”

“So do you, sugah.”

“Come with me,” he said taking her arm.

Logan took her to the apartment entryway and stopped.

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” he said as he opened the door.

Then suddenly Logan scooped Marie into his arms and carried her across the threshold.


“Logan!” Marie screamed in surprise. “Put meh down, you silly nut.”

Marie looked around the living room of the small looking apartment. She noticed the blazing fire and then saw the blanket on the hardwood floor in front of it. Logan slipped her coat off of her shoulders and gave her a kiss on the back of her neck.

“It’s five point four miles from the school. We’d only need ten minutes to get back, whaddya think, baby?”

“Whaddya mean?”

“I’m holdin’ this place for us. Rent’s sixteen fifty a month, all I need is your yes to put the deposit down.”

“Logan, ah can’t.”

“Why not? Is it too small? You don’t like the décor,” Logan querried.

Marie worried that he had his heart set on the place she now stood in. She saw the disappointment in his face when she told him she couldn’t give her approval. But, she knew she had a better place.

“No, it’s just that ah just signed a lease for anothah place.”

“You what? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Ah did when ah asked ya to trust meh. Besahdes, mah choice is two point five miles away from the school. It would only take us eight minutes to get back. Ah thought ya maht lahk the extra tahm every mornin’,” Marie spoke as she wrapped her arms around Logan’s waist, and then softly kissed his chin.

“How much is it,” Logan sighed as Marie pulled out the paperwork from her purse, hanging on the coat rack behind her.

“Nine seventy-five and ah’ve put down the deposit. It’s a beautiful place; ya won’t believe it. All ah need is your signature.”

“When do we move in,” Logan probed as he signed the paper with one hand and then captured Marie in a hungry kiss.

“Raht now if ya lahk,” Marie replied after Logan let up on her lips.

“Let’s take this party on the road.”


Logan and Marie cleaned up the picnic and put the fire out. On the way, Logan dropped off the keys at the manager’s office and left a note that stated that Marie wasn’t interested. They took their separate vehicles. He followed Marie to the new place they both would be living in. He wondered how long the lease was for.


Caldicott-Howlett Apartment
Thornwood, NY.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
12:00 A.M.

“You were right Marie, I don’t believe it. Are you sure we’re getting all this for just nine seventy-five?”

“Yup. The lady also said this was a lease option to buy apartment.”

“How long did you lease it for? Sorry, how long did we lease it for?”

“One yeah. Ah thought we maht look into buyin’ it after the weddin’ in April.”

“I can see that,” Logan answered, amused him with Marie’s neck.


Marie’s stomach chose that moment to make its presence known.

“Ah think ah’m hungry and not just for you,” she spoke.

“How about you go relax, take a bath, with whatever’s in the bathroom, and I’ll get dinner set up.”

“Sounds good to meh,” Marie answered, kissed Logan before she headed off to where she remembered where the bathroom was. “Bah the way, our room is on the top floor.”

“Thanks.”


Logan went into the master bedroom and while Marie hummed a soft melody in the bathroom, he built another fire in the fireplace at the end of the bed. It was larger than the one downstairs he noticed. The wood box next to it was well stocked. They would probably use almost half of it by morning. He went back downstairs and grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch. He made a mini bed on the fake white bearskin rug on the floor in front of the newly built fire. He grabbed the extra pillows off the bed and then he set up the basket with fruit cascading over the side. The chocolate handmade kisses he put down in the refrigerator to keep them cold. Then Logan went back to his SUV to get the rest of the supplies for the evening.


After she took a long, soothing, relaxing bath, Marie stepped out of the tub, and dried her sexy, wet, nude body. Then, she spotted a thick, white, soft terry cloth robe. Logan must have brought it from home. She walked into the master bedroom to a great surprise. The room was filled with candlelight and a warm fire. The air carried a hint of French vanilla and magnolia blossoms. Soothing music floated from the stereo as she walked over to the bed. On her pillow was a rose with a note attached. Marie picked up the flower, inhaled its perfume, and opened the note….

“Slip off that robe… Lie down on your back… I will join you…”

Marie placed the flower and note on the nightstand as she wondered where Logan was. Then she let her robe drop to the floor. She looked around towards the bedroom door expecting to see her lover but he was absent. Then she climbed up onto the bed as instructed. The burgundy satin sheets felt cool against her bare skin... She laid her head on top of two pillows and closed her eyes, let her fingers gently run on top of her body. Her eyes closed as her body began to arouse from her own touch. Suddenly Marie heard his voice…

“Enjoyin’ yourself,” Logan inquired, the eyebrow up and arched beautifully.

She opened her eyes to find him standing next to the bed, totally nude, wearing a black tuxedo bow tie around his neck, the kind that hooked into a loop. Lower down was a small black bow tied just under the head of his second best friend. He was holding a holding a tray of food with a white dishtowel over his right arm. She giggled after she took him all in. She simply smiled, nodded up and down before she let out a quiet,

“Mmm-Hmm…”


Logan sat down on the bed next to her body, the side of his hip touching hers. He put the tray on the nightstand. Suddenly in his hand was a bottle of heated body oil, lightly flavored like butterscotch… He put one hand on hers, stopped her from caressing her torso.

“My turn,” he said with a wicked look in his eye, flashing his handsome smile… “I gotta prepare the dinner table.”

She giggled, and said, “Okay.”

“Go get a towel and lay on your back.”

He let her move off the bed to go complete his request. She came back and did as he asked. He made sure she was comfortable before he positioned himself to start her massage.


Marie eyed his cock lying soft and content on his thigh. She ran her fingers over it, enjoyed the feel…
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked this... Please let me know! Happy Labor Day weekend! A really hot smutty couple of chapters and the Wolverine and Sabertooth are coming soon!