Author's Chapter Notes:
EMERGENCY!!!

Sabertooth makes his presence known....

And Logan takes Marie shoe shopping. I creatively borrowed a scene from Pretty Woman for the idea.

WARNING: Violence.
“Marie, baby, it’s gonna be alright. I won’t let anything happen to you,” Logan voiced as he held her face in his hands in front of his.

“Really?”

“Yes, darlin’. I will protect you. I doubt Sabes wants a chat, but I need to find out what he wants. If it’s another beatin’, I’ll be glad to oblige him.”

“No, Logan… Don’t. He might kill you. Ah couldn’t live with mahself if he did. Ah would kill mahself to be with you if he did kill ya one day.”

“Now Marie, no crazy talk like that baby. Everything will be fine, I promise.”

Logan worried about how serious she was about killing herself if anything ever happened to him. How long would she wait to find out he was truly dead before she committed the act? He shoved all the thoughts of her suicide out of his brain because it would eat him alive if he let them fester in his mind. And the animal wouldn’t allow those thoughts either.

“And the Wolverine keeps his promises,” he felt Marie’s hug tighten as if she was afraid he would vanish.

“Hell yeah, darlin’, I promise. You feelin’ better now, kiddo?”

“Ah think so, little bit anyway, why?”

“That bed over there needs some warmin’ up and we’re just the two to do it.”

“Ah’m never changin’ the bed on Frahday again. Take meh back to bed, lover.”


Marie stood up in her light nightgown and Logan scooped her up in his arms and carried her back to bed. He gently set her down on her side of the bed and tucked her in from the left side of the bed. Then he went around to the other side and tucked himself in. Then he felt her cuddle up to his left side. Soon both were asleep.


Betsy and Abby’s Bar
Westchester, NY.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
11:00 P.M.

Abby was in the back as Betsy was out front keeping an eye on the gruff looking cat-like creature with the long fingernails at the bar. He was scratching new artwork into the dark cherry colored wood. The bar had just been replaced a few days prior. Betsy hit the emergency button they rigged up and in the back Abby dialed Logan’s number. She waited until it picked up…

“Just listen, it’s important. Hurry,” she said and then she tucked her blue tooth phone in her ear and went back out where Betsy was polishing glasses.

The whores were already trying to catch his attention…


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
11:10 P.M.

Logan had been finishing up a hockey game with Marie when his cell phone went off on the nightstand. He picked it up and answered it. A worried voice told him to listen, that it was important, and to hurry. Then he did as she asked and he heard Victor’s voice turning down the company of a big haired blond. Within ten minutes he was dressed and ready for a fight.


Marie was worried. Logan was suddenly in action… The call. Something must be going down.

“What is it, sugah?”

“Vic’s at Betsy and Abby’s. I’ve gotta go. Someone may be in danger.”

“Logan, wait for meh. Ah’ll just need a minute.”

“No, Marie. I need you here where I know you’re safe.”

“But… Ah can help.”

“Marie, I don’t have time to argue. Stay here.”

“Fahn. Come back as soon as you can and call for back up if you need it.”

“I won’t need help.”

“Logan!”

“Fine, I’ll call.”

“Be careful and I love you,” Marie spoke before she gave him a quick kiss.

“I love you too, darlin’,” and he was gone.


Betsy and Abby’s Bar
Westchester, NY.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
12:00 A.M.

Logan rolled up to the bar on his motorcycle and quickly killed the engine. He didn’t like the situation. There were no windows to see inside, so there was no way of knowing the situation inside. No way of knowing that Victor had Abby against him with his forearm slowly applying pressure to her neck because she didn’t want to dance with him. Betsy stayed as his barkeep, to keep him loaded with alcohol to buy them time until the other clawed wonder could show up. Other patrons had been scared shitless and escaped from becoming hostages through the back door by the restrooms before Logan had reached the bar. No one dared call the authorities to arrest such a huge mutant like Sabertooth. There was a front and back door, so there was a way for Victor to escape. A fight inside the bar would be hundreds of thousands of dollars out of his pocket. Logan decided that his best advantage was to remain outside and draw Victor out.

“VICTOR!” Logan roared to get his half-brother’s attention.

A few seconds later, said mutant came out of the bar with his hand wrapped around Abby’s neck as his hostage.

“Well, well, well… If it ain’t the Wolverine himself.”

“Let her go Victor. She’s not what you want.”

“Now see, there’s where you’re wrong. I very much want to fuck her tonight.”

Logan’s claws shingked out of his fists.

“I said, let her go. Your fight is with me.”

“True, but I haven’t had a good fuck, in oh, last week. She was a pretty red head I left for dead behind in the garbage bin because that she was, garbage.”

“LET HER GO,” Logan roared.


Victor reluctantly let her go because she wasn’t part of his main objective, which was to kill the Wolverine. He forcefully threw her away to the ground as he began to let his claws elongate. She got up and ran back inside the bar to Betsy. He heard the deadbolts lock on the front door as he stepped forward to challenge his opponent. He got a surprise that wasn’t expected.

“Tell me what you know of Major and Colonel William Stryker,” the Wolverine asked.

“So you remember your past now is it?”

“Not exactly.”

“He’s the weak human that promised me those metal claws you got and then reneged on the deal. Said I couldn’t survive the processes to get them.”

“Why did we agree to become part of his special team, again?”

“Why all the questions? I thought you wanted to fight?”

“Because you’re the only link to my real past.”

“Well, lemme give you a big belated Christmas present, I’m the last future you’re gonna see tonight,” Victor said as he hauled off and left hooked Logan in the jaw.


Logan went down to the ground on all fours. The enemy kicked him in the ribs and he rolled a few feet away before he stood back up and charged at Victor with all six claws out in front of him. He stabbed him with three in the heart and the other three in his abdomen. He watched as Victor grasped his wrists and yanked hard. Once free of the blades, Logan received a swipe across his chest with his opponent’s sharpened fingernails. Both mutants healed as fast as they could wound each other.

“By the way, I heard you gave Stryker a royal send off to hell.”

“What you want one too? I’m sure he could use the company…” he spoke and he spun around, slashed Victor’s back.

Victor roared and Logan came back quickly as he possibly could to kick his ribs. He rolled and got back on his feet. Then he charged at Logan and they both landed on the ground with a loud thud. He speared through Victor’s ribs. The big cat grabbed onto Logan’s shoulder and he cried out in pain. Then Logan got Sabertooth back as he sliced his neck clear all the way through. Victor almost lost his head. He held onto his neck as he gurgled and gasped blood. Victor got up, staggered, and fell again.

“Why, Victor, I’m disappointed… I expected more.”

Suddenly, they both heard sirens about five miles away and quickly they approached where the fight was going on.

“Another time runt…” Victor said as he got up again for the last time and fled into the forest behind the bar.

Logan threw a leg over the motorcycle and he was gone before the police reached the bar parking lot.


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
3:00 A.M.

Logan had to take the longer way around to get back to the school because of the police at the bar. He came in the doors that lead to the garden after hand walking his bike up the long driveway into the garage. He didn’t want to wake anyone with the motorcycle’s engine. Once inside the school, he went right to the elevator and went down to the X-Men team’s showers. He had thought about using the shower in his room but he had no idea where Marie was sleeping, if she was sleeping. The light was out in his room and hers, but that wasn’t a guarantee she was in either of those rooms. He didn’t want her to see him barely covered in ripped, bloody clothing. So, the shower was the first to welcome him home for the night. He stripped and put the ruined clothing in the trash bin. He had thought about getting new jeans and a t-shirt anyway. Then the hot water… It felt good after being out in the cold. He couldn’t wait for the temperatures to heat up again. Maybe he could talk Ororo into an early spring?

The hot water ran like rivers down his back and chest before he put his face in it. His body still hurt as the last of the wounds stitched back together on the inside; the outside had closed to stem the blood loss. He found a wash cloth and some soap that didn’t smell too pansy-ass-like as the Ice Prick’s did, and quickly scrubbed himself through the pain, cleaned his skin of the blood from the fight. The longer he stayed in the shower was one less minute he had with Marie. He washed his hair out of all the lather, rinsed the floor of all the blood so that anyone coming in after a work-out or training wouldn’t freak out, and ask too many questions. Logan remembered that he needed to speak with Chuck later in the day about Victor’s actions at the bar and the murder of the red head left in the garbage bin. All finished he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist, tucked it low on his hips. Then he grabbed another towel for his hair and rubbed his scalp, dried his hair just enough to leave the showers. Then he went to his locker, grabbed a pair of sweatpants, and slipped them on. A matching sweatshirt with the school’s logo embossed over the left shoulder and the outfit was complete.

When Logan got back up to his room, he saw the light was on under his door. She must have woken up while he was in the shower. He softly opened the door to find Marie was sound asleep with his pillow between her legs, curled in a fetal position, her arms possessively wrapped around the other end on his side of the bed. He smelled fading salt water in the air. She had cried herself to sleep. His heart ached for her. He wanted to go to her but he looked down and stopped himself. She was asleep on his side of the bed. Disturbing her beauty sleep seemed barbaric at that moment, so, with a soft sigh, Logan went to her side of his bed and carefully climbed in behind her. Thank the heavens she’d made him get one of those really expensive dense foam beds. He didn’t move her at all when he climbed into the bed and it endured his adamantium laced frame, not bad at all. He pulled up the covers, tucked in his backside before he rolled towards her, and wrapped an arm across her ribcage.

Out of the blue, Marie suddenly rolled and took his pillow with her into his chest. Somehow, she remained asleep. Logan carefully wrapped his other arm around her and he fell asleep that way for the rest of the night.


Comfort One Shoes
Westview Mall
Westchester, NY.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
10:00 A.M.

Logan reluctantly got out of the SUV and walked around to let Marie out. He realized that Marie must have some kind of game plan up her sleeve to get him to lose the bet. He knows he’s not about to give in, so he followed along behind Marie with a killer smile. Like a good boyfriend, he held open the door for his girl. As soon as they entered the store, a salesperson came up to them right away, like piranhas going after prey. That potential sale was like gold and who doesn’t like a little gold in their pocket?


“Can I help you ma’am, sir?”

“Ah need a good and comfortable pair of shoes,” Marie spoke as she eyed the looks the female sales clerk gave Logan.

“Over there is our ladies’ shoe collection. Let me know if you need any help,” she said flipping her hand off in one direction and hoped that the woman would go off in that direction.

‘Oh ho, that bitch did not just dismiss meh,’ Marie thought as she gave, ‘Claire’, the evil eye. ‘Ah could so totally make her think her head was where her ass is.’

However, Charles would frown on her using his mutation to harm someone intentionally, if he ever found out.

“Sir, is there anything I can show you,” Claire asked as she unbuttoned the top button on her blouse.

Marie looked at Logan and his attention was on the sales woman so, she lowered her eyes and went to check out where the supposed women’s shoes section was. The woman couldn’t be any more blatantly obvious… But she had to trust that her man would deal with the hussy and come right to her.


‘Damn fine rack… Marie’s is better,’ Logan thought. He looked up and Marie was gone… ‘Shit, where was Marie?’

“What size of shoe are you looking for, sir?”

“Enough, look. I’m not in here to get shoes or a hook-up. I came in here to spend an obscene amount of money and buy shoes for my fiancée.”

He could see the saleswoman’s face fall.

“Now, if you still want the commission, you will kiss up to my girl, and treat her with respect. Got me?”

“Perfectly. How obscene are we talking?”

“Order a large Hawaiian pizza with roasted, slivered almonds, and maraschino cherries, in a couple hours. It better be hot when it comes. And root beer… She likes root beer with pizza.”

“Yes sir.”

“Now, I’m gonna go make my girl happy.”


Marie picked up a couple pair of two inch heels in black and brown, and took a seat on a white stool made from particle boards, a mirror.

“Here let me, darlin’,” Logan spoke as he knelt down on one knee, looked at her like he wanted to eat her.

He picked up her right ankle to slip off her well-worn in flat slipper; his touch sent a shiver up her spine.

‘Oh gawd. If he’s gonna be doin’ that all day ah may lose…” Marie thought.

She caught Logan as he grinned at her because he knew damn well what he was doing to her. Then she stiffened up, pulled on her X-Men desensitization training. She tried to think of anything else but the man before her trying to drive her into total distraction. Finally, she was able to mentally picture a red light in her mind. She grabbed onto that mental picture as hard as she could and somehow kept it together. Marie started to think up ways she could torture him later…
Chapter End Notes:
Well, I started school yesterday so it might be a few days until I get the next two chapters done. It's about halfway done. So, sit back, take a breather, hit review and let me know how you think the muses and I are doing. Thanks!