Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter 21 is brought to you by Bohemian Rhapsody and picturing Logan and Marie in his truck headbanging to the song. I hope you enjoy your weekend treats! Happy weekend!
“Not fair Wolvie…”

“Just a little fun…” He massaged the arch of her foot a little…

“Uugh Logan, ah’m gonna have to nail ya to the wall if ya keep doin’ that… Ohh don’t stop,” Marie let slip before he slipped the new shoe on.

“Uh Marie, we’re not here to make out… Shoes remember?” He teased brilliantly.

Logan smirked and moved so that Marie could stand and try walking in the new shoes. He took a seat on the heavy foot stool. Marie lavishly wiggled her ass as she pretended she was on a catwalk. Then when she got back, he watched her as she purposefully bent over in the two inch black heels, her derrière practically busted out of her tight blue jeans near Logan. The vixen knew what she was doing… Then she bent down further to look at his response through her legs and while down there she waved to him… His jaw felt like it was near the floor.

“We may not be here to make out, sugah, but no one said anything ‘bout foreplay,” she seductively said.

‘Oh damn. Not now… Not time for… God, this is war…” Logan thought.

He scrambled for any control he could get when Marie stood up. He watched as she put her hands on her hips and wickedly looked over her right shoulder.

‘Who ever said, ‘All’s fair in love and war,’ wasn’t this Rogue,” Marie answered his thought.

‘Shit she was listening in…’

“Loud and clear, sugah,” she smiled and batted her eyelashes.

“Thanks Marie. You reminded me, I uh need some new jogging shoes. I’m going to go get help. Be right back,” Logan voiced and then practically jumped from the particle board stool.


Technically, Logan couldn’t lose the bet because he was still in the same building, unless Marie really wanted to make a stink about it. He found ‘Claire’, and snagged a pair of jogging shoes that he could use on the treadmills in the gym and another pair of sturdy boots for everyday stuff. Fifteen minutes later, he came back to Marie now sitting in an over-stuffed leather chair that ‘Claire’ found in the store room. She was showing his girl a pair of calf high red leather boots with an inch wide heel, three inches in length, and they just screamed, ‘Fuck Me!’ at Logan. The hussy sales woman left Logan and Marie alone for a minute of privacy.

“Have you found what you want Marie?”

“Oh yeah. Ah’m lookin’ at him.”

“How about we fly on out of here and I’ll buy lunch?”

“Yeah, Ah’m about ready for another snack. We could to the food court.”

“Sounds fine.”

Logan tossed enough money on the counter for the shoes; not including the money for the pizza and the soda which were due to arrive in a few minutes. That obscene amount he talked about earlier turned out to be $75. Then he went out of the store and caught up with Marie as she was looking at the back side of the mall map to see how close they were to the food court. He took her arm and they started walking towards the elevators to go down to where the wonderful smells of food were wafting from. Once inside the elevator and they were alone, Logan leaned in and told her what he had done.

“Shoes, $75. A large Hawaiian pizza and a two liter of root beer, plus delivery charge and tip. $30.00. The look on rejected shoe lady’s face when she finds out I didn’t pay her for the food or leave her that obscene commission I promised her, Priceless,” Logan smiled and Marie laughed.


Food Court
Westview Mall
Westchester, NY.
12:20 P.M.

Marie and Logan walked into the mall food court and their noses were assaulted by smells from the food offered. After a nice lunch, the couple agreed to a temporary truce and split up to do some shopping. Logan stopped into the Caswell-Massey outlet store and purchased a Sea Escape gift set as a sort of wedding gift for Marie. He had something else in mind for her actual gift. He just wasn’t quite sure if he was going to give it to her before or after the wedding. She already still had stuff she bought in California but, this was going to be something special from him. Then he wandered into The Sharper Image store where he bought a CD shower companion stereo AM/FM & MP3 player, an Info Globe scrolling LED message center with caller ID, an Ionic Breeze GP Silent Air Purifier with Ultraviolet Germicidal Protection for their new place. Not that they actually needed it with his healing mutation in both of them, but guests might. The last items were a Scuba Mopping Robot and a Roomba Floor Vacuum Robot. He knew Marie would think they were cute and she wouldn’t have to clean the floors at the new place as much. Then he headed off to the music store.

Marie had been in The Sharper Image first and purchased a Now You Can Find It! Wireless RF Electronic Lock, so Logan would never lose his keys again. Yes, the bad-ass Wolverine lost his keys like any other guy. A Cuisinart Grind & Brew Thermal 10-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker was her apartment warming present for Logan. She ordered a brand spankin’ new ‘Human Touch’ Robotic Massage Recliner with Curve Track, and Calf and Foot Massage. She practically had an orgasm from the sample demo she got to try. Sure it was a little expensive at $5,000, but she thought they both could use it after some of those long days at the school, and neither had the energy to give the other a massage. Marie couldn’t wait to show it to Logan once it was delivered. Then she went into a store called Trade Secret which had lots and lots of hair products. She got Logan a Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Travel Kit as his sort of wedding present. Just the thought of him with the scent of peppermint in his hair sent chills up her spine. She remembered the scent filling her nostrils as Logan massaged the peppermint infused oil into her skin on Valentine’s Day.

Lastly, she stopped in at Caswell-Massey and bought a four piece brass shave set. The kind Logan’s adopted father might have used once upon a time. She plopped down a cool $250 dollars for the Made in Italy item. It had a badger brush, a brass bowl, stand, and a more modern razor, definitely not a straight razor. She thought about giving it to Logan on their honeymoon. Most of all, if she did, she hoped it wouldn’t cause him to have one of those really severe flashbacks like he did in California. She wondered if he might want to watch the movie again soon. He hadn’t wanted to at her suggestion at breakfast. He hadn’t wanted to since Valentine’s Day. Marie was worried now that he wouldn’t want to watch it because it triggered the animal to attack her. She didn’t want to sound like she was nagging him to watch it but, his denial of watching it further wasn’t good either. As she left the store to find a seat and text Logan, she decided that they would get to it sometime before the end of 2010. Because there was no way she was going to allow him to delay it all the way up to the wedding.


World History 101
First Floor Classrooms
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
2:40 P.M.

Ororo turned the envelope from the Walt Disney World Dream Wedding people in her hand repeatedly. She knew the time had come to bite the bullet and tell Logan and Marie about their prize, but today wasn’t it, even if luck was on her side. She snorted when she recalled what happened that morning at breakfast in the dining hall. In the past, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, the children wore some form of green, some were green. Not Logan. He wore whatever the hell he felt like, and it usually wasn’t green. And who was going to dare risk pinching him? Riight. As Ororo heard it, this year was going to be different. It sure was… Logan walked into breakfast that morning with Kelly green colored hair. The Wolverine was Irish!

See, way earlier, Marie had a little fun that morning and slipped a little Kelly green hair dye into his 2-in-1 shampoo. Jubilee and Kitty helped her get the recipe and she mixed it up to be a slow-acting dye. Logan rung his hair out after he washed it but he didn’t dry it. He combed it into his style didn’t dry his hair with a towel before he combed it out. Then he trimmed his beard and chops quickly and by then the color had set in. He didn’t know that his hair started turning green as he reached the first floor. He had smelled something was different in the chemical make-up of his shampoo but, he didn’t think anything of it. He couldn’t yell at Marie once he found out because she had left the school early an SUV to take some of their things to the place in Thornwood. The kids were laughing once he reached the dining room. And he was really pissed. The instructors were having a good laugh at his expense too. Ororo finally took pity on him and gave him her compact mirror from her pocket. When he finally got to look at his hair, it had fully dried, and was sooo green. He deeply frowned. At least it wasn’t all over his face.

“It seems someone has been visited by the leprechauns this morning… Logan, what’s with the hair?”

“Sorry Chuck, I seem to have been blind to the fact that I’m now living with one…” Logan said as he glared as she came into the dining hall late.


Marie spotted Logan after she came into the dining hall and shut the door behind her. She couldn’t help but smile at her work. She finally got her revenge for his attack at the shoe store. The hair was perfect! She took a seat after getting her tray and sat there with the straightest of faces, twirling her straw across from Logan. She knew she’d have to pay the Piper later, but it was worth it. Logan needed to loosen up a little.

“Marie, I trust this chemical composition isn’t permanent, my dear?” Hank asked.

“Nah, Hank. Wolvie here can drop the lead brick he’s holdin’ in his rear and relax. It comes out in ten washes,” Jubilee butted in. “It’s the stuff we used for our costumes last Halloween. Right, chica?”

“Well, um… Ah don’t know really. Ah didn’t read the recipe exactly. Ah might have added a little more of this than that,” Marie said as she baited Logan, just to get the horrified-angry-and-growly-sounding-look she was getting right then. “Just kiddin’, it should come out in ‘bout five to ten washes. Depends on how much of it Logan worked into his scalp.”

That still earned her a deeper growl…

“All will be well,” Charles voiced as he stood up from the table and before he left the room. “Marie, I want to see you in the hall for a second.”

“Yes Professor,” Marie followed Charles and closed the door behind her…

“Marie, I understand that it’s a holiday and you were playing a practical joke, a damn good one, but I have to ask you to leave the premises if you and Logan decide to argue. I want to keep the peace here for the students. I’m sure he’s in there thinking up a good retaliation. I guess I’m lucky I don’t have hair for Moira to do that to me…”

“Yeah, but you’re wearing green and she’s Scottish, Professor,” Marie spoke up.

Little did Charles know, that later that evening, Moira would be getting him to dress him up in a green Speedo and top hat before meeting her already seated in his private in room Jacuzzi in a green bikini.

“Don’t worry Professor, Logan and ah found a place in Thornwood, just for our extra-curricular activities,” she offered and winked at him.

“Carry on, Marie, good luck.”

“Thanks.”


Med Lab
Level 3 Underground
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
3:00 P.M.

Logan marched right down to the med lab after his auto repair 101 class ended. He needed to get this damn stuff out of his hair and fast. He’d had enough of the students’ giggles and laughs all day. In his martial arts classes, he made them do twenty extra laps… So, he was in a very bad mood by the time school was out for the day. And fortunately, Marie stayed out of view all day as well. He hoped that Blue could give him something to make the dye come out faster.

‘Guess I should be lucky it wasn’t hair remover,’ he randomly thought as the metal doors swished open.

“Blue, you in here? I need some help.”

“Down here Logan. I will be with you momentarily,” Hank said as he was bent over and putting boxes of Band-Aids and gauze into a lower cabinet.

“I need your help. You got anything that can get this dye out of my hair faster?”

“Hair remover would be fastest, Logan, but I doubt you want to go that route, my friend.”

“No.”

“Just do the ten washes. It might wash out faster than you think.”

“In all this stuff in here, you ain’t got anything that can take out hair dye?”

“Sure, if you were a drain. You should be grateful. At least she didn’t steal your motorcycle and have it painted a brighter shade of green. She could have ended up making you look like Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street.”

“No, but I bet the thought crossed her mind. Hey, that’s not a bad idea. Maybe for April Fool’s Day. I’ll have her car painted Pepto-Bismol Pink and fill it with Easter grass.”

“Whoa there Logan, it’s Marie we’re talking about. She knows how to kill at least seventeen different ways, and we’re not counting the other ways in the bedroom if you catch my drift.”

“I can handle her.”

“Logan, I value you as a friend, and as your friend man, you’ve got a death wish like I’ve never seen.”

“I know, I know.”

“So, when do you plan on launching your attack?”

“Don’t know. Probably when she least expects it, like back when we did the Valentine’s Day thing.’

“Good luck.”

“I’m gonna need it since I’m up against Marie.”

“I know.”


Small Kitchen
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
3:15 P.M.

Marie was in the kitchen when Ororo came in for some peach tea.

“Ororo, have you seen Logan?”

“Hi Marie, I saw him at lunch, he said he didn’t want to be disturbed for the rest of the day.”

“Oh. He’s lucky I didn’t steal his motorcycle and have it painted a bright grass green, including the chrome.”

“Be careful Marie. The day’s not over yet. By the way, where’d you park your ‘Vette?”

“Already ahead of ya, ‘Ro. It’s safe from Logan’s clutches.”

Marie wasn’t about to tell Ororo that she parked a mile away from the school, hid the car in some dense brush, and vines. She used her rollerblades to get back to the school.


Caldicott-Howlett Apartment
Thornwood, NY.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
9:00 A.M.

Marie was miserably sick after she was out shopping for wedding ideas in large groups of people at the mall, with Jubilee, Kitty, Ororo, and Chloe. This bug manifested itself as a head cold and a cough. She turned on Logan’s mutation and cured herself. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. She looked in the mirror and decided she still looked miserable even though she was in perfect health. Marie went to open the medicine cabinet, something ripped, suddenly 200 marbles came cascading out of the medicine cabinet, and all over the bathroom. Instantly, she developed this low and deep growl.

“Logan is road kill,” she said as she reached for her toothpaste and brush.

‘Ah’m gonna get him… Ah am so gonna get him. This is war,” she thought.


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
12:00 P.M.

Logan had been wondering all morning if Marie had gotten his payback. He was still smiling even though he knew she was miserably sick when he called around seven. He thought about pampering her a little when he got home if she wasn’t ready to kill him. Maybe she’d heal herself first. After that St. Patrick’s Day Hair Massacre, he went to his room that night and shaved his head and left the chops in place. Then as if it was an injury, his hair regrew within an hour. She deserved this marble fiasco. Logan flipped on his small television and he found the remote before he flopped down on his bed. He entered the numbers in and suddenly Fox Hockey Channel came on the screen. He was just going to catch up on the scores and then he was due to meet Marie at their new place at 3:00.
Chapter End Notes:
Hehe, yes, there's more... Let me feast on your review first. Then hit next... Thanks!