Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is! Happy Hump Day!

The Proposal... Part 1!

WARNING: Keep tissues handy!

Sorry for the wait my dears, but, It's worth it. I guarantee it.

Love and Hugs to all!
McCoy Residence
Washington, D.C.
11:10 P.M.

Special Agent Julia March got out of the van. The blonde was tall like Jean and in a thick coat. She felt irritated because she didn’t really want to be on an assignment on New Year’s Eve, she got called out of a warm bed with her black and white border collie named Cookie, walked up to the porch. She didn’t need to ring the doorbell because Hank was there to get it.

“Ambassador McCoy?”

“Yes. Please come in.”

“I am Agent March; I’m assuming you know why I am here. Please lead me to your largest television. My team is ready to get things set up.”

“Right, right. It’s in the living room where my guests are.”

“Look, I’m on a schedule here so, please keep them out of the way,” she said, not knowing the size of the party.

“By all means, Agent March,” Hank said as he showed her the way to the living room.

She set her case down on the floor in front of the giant flat screen television mounted to the wall.

“If you all want to know where Marie and Logan have gone, I suggest you stay out of the way of my men and myself. I am here to set up an audio link.”

They all shuffled to seats out of the way. Then two more agents came in with more equipment.

“This is Agent Guillemot and Agent Hess they will be doing the video link.”


Agent March fiddled with the side panel to hook up the audio link. The television had been a gift from all the men on the junior and senior X-Men teams, so that they all could hang out and watch football during the season, especially the Super Bowl. Logan labeled those trips, Teamwork Enhancement Sessions, which were really a rouse for male bonding. When the men left on those trips, the junior and senior X-Women went shopping. They named their time, Self-Esteem Enrichment Sessions. Neither group really cared that they were lying to each other.

“So, Agent March, what is your part in this little game that is afoot,” Moira inquired.

“I am here at the pleasure of the President and First Lady of the United States. Your friend Marie is en route to the White House Rose Garden. Normally it’s closed this time of year but, through certain channels, of which will remain nameless, the President and First Lady have given Logan and Marie clearance for a half hour.”

“He’s going to propose isn’t he,” Kitty asked.

“Yes Kitty, on the spot where they had their first date,” the Professor added. When I think back, now that I know what I know, I could have saved us years of torment of watching those two get together but, I wouldn’t have it any other way considering the course they are on now. Their relationship seems deeper now than when they first arrived.”

“Us too,” Ororo said.

“Now, Logan and of course Marie, don’t know we’ve set this up,” Hank said, “And for those of you that don’t know, we’ve also got Marie’s proposal on DVD as well, just in case.”

“We’re all set. Everyone find a seat for the show,” Agent Julia March announced. Those that were standing, scrambled to a chair, and those that were sitting settled in.

“Look there’s Logan,” Ororo spoke, “He must have stopped to change on the way there.”

“Logan is wearing the exact same tux from their first date,” Hank added.

“Damn, the Wolverine’s in a tux, somebody take a picture while it lasts,” Bobby said.

Kitty leaned over and whacked him with the couch pillow she was holding.


The White House Rose Garden
Washington, D.C.
11:35pm.

“God please don’t let her get stuck in traffic. Ok Marie, you’ve got five minutes to get here,” Logan said as he stood at the archway.

It was there at the archway, on the exact spot where he took Marie’s hand to walk her to the dinner table from their first date. He kept twirling the small box in his right pocket as he waited. In his back pocket was the crystal rose he had made at Disneyland. It was meant to remind her because he asked her to accept a rose on their first date. Suddenly, the limo pulled up, you can see Logan’s face visibly brighten, and it no longer mattered that Marie was five minutes late. He figured it had to be security at the gate.


Marie was inside the car wondering why she was at The White House, twenty-five minutes before the New Year would arrive. She tried to look out the tinted window and couldn’t see Logan, much less anything else. The driver got out and opened the door for Marie.

“What are ya up to, sugah,” she said to herself.

Then she noticed the trail of dark red fragrant rose petals on the glistening white snow. Almost just like their first date, there had been a trail of rose petals. She followed the trail on a winding path until she looked up and saw Logan standing in the archway to the Rose Garden. He was in a tuxedo! Fortunately, he had his parka on to keep out the cold. He raised his hands up to her and called out.

“Come ‘ere darlin’,” her eyes began to well up at those words.

Marie crossed the last of the rose paved path to stand in front of him in her coat and dress. She thanked god she was wearing white colored leggings under to keep her legs warm. Didn’t matter though, they were still shaking, and her feet were freezing through her two inch heels.

“Ah’m here. What’s goin’ on? Ah thought ya had left ta go on your trip north.”


“From Hank and ‘Ro’s, this here is north.”

Logan’s fleece-lined leather glove took her left white driving gloved hand. The exact same hand he held in that long ago first date moment.

“I wanted you at here at this spot to tell ya somethin’ and then ask ya somethin’ special. I’m wearin’ the same tuxedo and standing on the same spot where we had our first date. I’m standin’ here because on that day I saw our future, flash so fast in front of my eyes that I didn’t know what to do. It was like a sign that you had been sent to me for a reason. I believe that you’re my guiding light when I get lost.”

He could see the tears forming in her eyes.

“I want ya to be my northern star, so I can always find my way back to you. I don’t know if I believe in soul mates but, you make me believe it every day we’re together, connected. I never wanna leave ya again, darlin’. I know that I want to love ya for the rest of my life, however long that is. I wanna know what you’ll be doin’ for the rest of your life.”


“Lovin’ you, of course,” Marie said and smiled as she squeezed his hand a little tighter to emphasize her point.

That was it, Logan’s proposal… And she’d accepted with her answer. She felt such a relief. She took a breath and checked out him in his tuxedo. He looked damn fine. Maybe she could get him in one for the wedding…?


McCoy Residence
Washington, D.C.
11:50 P.M

Ororo, Moira, Kitty, and Agent March were gushing with tears of happiness, passing the Kleenex box around to each other. The Professor used the pocket square from his suit to dab the corner of his eyes as well. Everyone’s eyes still glued to the television screen. Bobby thought Logan’s words were as lame as soap opera scripting but, he wouldn’t dare open his mouth about it, and risk the wrath of everyone in the room.


The White House Rose Garden
Washington, D.C.
11:52 P.M.

“Marie, as these last few minutes of 2009 pass away, I wanna usher the New Year in right,” Logan spoke as he took the crystal rose out of his back pocket. “Will you accept this rose?”

“Yes,” she was surprised at the beautiful object.

It was just what Logan needed to distract her. Then he slowly went down on his right knee, while digging out the little black box out of his pocket. He looked up into her shining eyes. She looked surprised to say the least. Her eyes looked almost too blurred with unshed tears to see anything.

“Oh Logan,” she barely could get out as her hand was visibly nervously shaking.

Logan took it in his, with a firm grip on it, made sure she knew he wasn’t going to let her go.

“Anna Marie Caldicott, will you do me the honor of becomin’ my best friend, wife, companion, soul mate, lover, and partner for the rest of our lives together. I’m askin’ you to be mine forever… I love you, Marie.”


Marie was totally shocked, not only by Logan’s words but, also by the ring as he opened the box with one hand. She was totally speechless as she looked at the beautiful 18k silver band with three; D color princess cut diamonds and each stone 0.25 carats. Then in a channel setting there were five smaller diamonds on either side of the three main ones. The diamonds looked small to any other person but to Marie, they were perfect.


McCoy Residence
Washington, D.C.
11:59:20 P.M.

By now everyone in the room was yelling at the big screen television.

“Say Yes, Marie!” They all began to chant.

“God these two are the most irritating people I have ever met,” Bobby thought.

“Aren’t you glad you got it together before they did,” asked Kitty as she looked down at her ring.

“Yes, thank God I was smarter.”


The White House Rose Garden
Washington, D.C.
Friday, January 1, 2010
12:00 A.M.

Right at the stroke of midnight Logan got his answer.

“Yes, James Logan Howlett, Ah’ll marry you,” Marie said as tears flowed from both her eyes and his as well.

Marie pulled Logan up to stand, ready to kiss him but, he surprised her.


Logan arrested her in his arms, swept her off her feet, and spun her around. Then he set her back down on the snow, dipped his head down for a romantic, and passionate kiss. Suddenly, fireworks erupted from the Washington Monument. A couple minutes passed by before Logan looked up at the sky, and then looked back at Marie to watch the fireworks colors play in her eyes. She was so beautiful, inside and out. He silently hoped that someday he’d get to have a daughter that looked like Marie, where she could wrap him around her little finger. Maybe Marie felt the same way about a son? Would she allow the little copy of her husband to wrap her around his little finger? He smiled at the thought. Nope, not his Marie.

“Happy New Year, Marie.”

“Happy New Year, Logan,” he heard her reply as he looked down at her again, and felt her as she held his waist tightly for warmth and the intimacy of the moment.


McCoy Residence
Washington, D.C.
12:05 A.M.

There was loud cheering, high fives given, hugs shared and kisses as well. Agent March, impulsively gave Agent Guillemot a peck on the cheek to his surprise. The Professor left the room after giving Moira a kiss to ring in the New Year, to ring Logan’s family in California in private. Ororo and Moira went to the kitchen for more champagne and sparkling cider.

“Well, I hate to blow this joint, but we’ve got to get going,” said Agent March she said as she headed to the television to disconnect her audio hook up.

“Thank you for your time. I know it wasn’t easy to give up your evenings for this,” Hank spoke up.

“Anyone want to find out who won the pool for Logan’s proposal and set up a pool for the wedding date,” said Kitty, “Of course all the winnings for the wedding and the honeymoon pools will go to the newlywed Howlett’s.”

“Kitty,” everyone yelled, at first disgusted at her idea, but then Hank pulled out two one hundred dollar bills and handed them to her.

“Put fifty on April 18th, 2012 and fifty on April 16th, 2014 for the wedding, and the other hundred on Bora Bora for their honeymoon,” Hank said, almost puffed his chest like was playing poker, raised the stakes on the pools a lot higher.

“You got some inside information we don’t know about honey,” Ororo asked her hubby.

“No, I’m just trying to get in the spirit. Call it a feeling.”

“Vat sounds like he knows something vee don’t,” Kurt piped in.

“Ok, I’ve got Hank down for two hundred,” said Kitty as she held the money in one hand and her little note pad she pulled from her purse taking bets in the other.

“Put me down, fifty for April 15th, and fifty for Australia,” said Bobby. “Brisbane, Australia, just to clarify. Excellent surfing down there.”

“Since we’re putting big money into this, I will go a hundred a piece for December 27th, 2010. I’m betting on the entire South Pacific including Australia and New Zealand,” the Professor spoke up as he rolled back in the room.
Chapter End Notes:
Hehe, now just breathe... Hit the review button below and then hit the next button...

You know you wanna...

Thanks for your reviews!