Story Notes:
I own nothing *frowny face*
P.S. There's a special prize for anyone who can spot the Gears of War reference!!!
Yeah...there's no prize.
"Need a lift, kid?" Logan asked as he emerged from a nearby doorway.

*Shit!* Marie thought to herself. *He's like a locust or something!* "No." she told him, part of her hoping that would be the end of it. She couldn't admit to herself what the rest of her wanted him to do. Leaving her home behind a second time was hard enough without getting feelings involved.

"Where you going?" he asked tentatively as he eyed the duffel bag on her arm.

"You don't know what its like to be afraid of your powers. To be afraid to get close to anybody." She wanted so desperately for him to understand, to hold her close, wrap her in the impenetrable fortress of his arms and push away her personal Hell.

"Yeah, I do." *God, I wish I could forgo the whole "Hi, this is how I feel. Please say ditto!" thing. I have a headache.* Not that he would ever admit how he felt about her.

"I want to be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake..." Marie falted for a moment, scared of revealing too much "...a kiss."

"I hope you're not doing this for some boy." Logan told her somewhat accusingly, knowing full well why she intended to leave. *She thinks she has to return her gift if she ever wants to be with a man? Oh, the things I could show her! If only she'd let me.*

Just for a moment - a short lived moment - Logan allowed himself a snipped of a fantasy that came to him in a dream:

Marie writhing beneath him, both of them completely naked. She moans his name as he thrusts slowly into her, dragging out every motion, savouring every touch, every glide of her tongue on his sweat slicked neck.

*Fuck, I'd give anything to make it a reality!*

"Look, if you want to go, then go." *Dont go.* " Just be sure its what you want." *Jesus, don't go!*

"Shouldn't you be telling me to stay? To go upstairs and unpack?" *God, does he even want me to stay?*

The part of her responsible for inappropriate thoughts was steadily growing. It had been since the moment his deep, hazel eyes had caught her own chocolate ones.

She imagined, for a brief second, that she was beneath him in bed, both competely exposed to each other - physically and emotionally. She moans Logan's name as he thrusts slowly into her, making every motion last forever, every touch amplified by a deep desire. His whispered curse as her tongue follows a bead of sweat down his neck.

Marie was brought back to reality when Logan spoke again. "I'm not your father, I'm you friend." *That's what it is: she thinks of me as a parent! I hate my life!* "Just think about what I said, Rogue." he told her as he turned away, thinking *What's that thing Flea says when he plays those damn war games? Oh, yeah, he says epic fail!* and - one final time - *Please don't leave.*

*Please don't let me leave.* she wanted to say, but couldn't bring herself to. "Marie." she called after him. *When will he realise I'm not a kid any more?! I just want him to see me.*

"Marie." That one word made his heart sing as he heard himself repeat it. *She ruined me.* he thought with a sad smile as he walked away from her. *I used to be feared. Feared! Now, I teach damn kids how to share and shit like that! God, I love her!*

He couldn't turn around when he heard the door close, he knew he'd only do something stupid like go after her. He'd run outside and yell "Marie, wait!" She'd stop walking and turn to face him, her soft auburn hair flowing behind her in the breeze. He would stride up to her manfully, like those douche bags in Kitty's romantic novels, take her in his arms and show her why he wanted her to stay. Then she would pull back, give him that sweet, doe eyed look he just can't say no to, and she'd say..."I'm sorry, Logan, I just don't feel that way about you."

His heart would be shatted into a million, billion, trillion pieces. It would break him. No. After everything else - Scott, Chuck, the gnawing feeling in his gut that said Jean would probably die again before this ordeal was over - he couldn't lose her forever. Maybe Marie would come back, and he could just push all the love and the desire and the pain deep, deep down. He could pretend it didn't kill him a little every time she smiled at another man, or held hands with another man, or kissed another man.