Marie sat on a hard wooden bench in the train staion remembering the obnoxious way the door had clicked shut. She thought of how she had stood there for a few seconds, hoping Logan would do something romantically stupid like run after her. He'd yell "Marie, wait!" and stride up to her purposefully, like those dashing heroes in Kitty's romantic novels. Then, he would take her in his arms and kiss her passionately, showing her why he wanted her to stay. Then she would pull back, gaze into those perfect eyes of his, and she'd say..."I love you, Logan. Please say you feel the same." He'd smile at her and she'd melt against him as he told her "Of course I do, darling. I always have."

But that was jut a fantasy. A dream that would never come true. After everything that had happened - Scott, the Professor, the sick feeling in her stomach that Jean might not make it - she couldn't risk wrecking their relationship by throwing herself at him. Maybe, one day, Marie would go back. Maybe Logan would still be there and she could just push all the love and the desire and the pain deep, deep down. She could pretend it didn't kill her a little every time he smiled at another woman, or held hands with another woman, or kissed another woman.

It was time for her to go. Her train was waiting at the platform, the final boarding call over the stations PA beckoning her to a destiny she wasn't sure she wanted.

Marie allowed herself a final, fleeting thought of Logan - sweet, loving, sexy Logan - and of all the times he had asked her "What are you doing with Iceboy?" and "When are you going to find a real man who can take care of you?" She always smiled, rolled her eyes and put on her thickest Southern drawl "That's what I have you for, silly!"

Marie stood and made her way to the waiting train, but was snapped out of her thoughts by a large hand on her arm. She jumped, barely containing a "SQUEEE!", and spun to face Logan - or, more appropriately, his glorious chest.

They just gazed at each other for a moment before she spoke. "What are you doing here, Logan?" she asked breathlessly, and he thought it was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard.

Logan closed the space between them, his hand still on her arm. His voice was low, but she heard him perfectly over the din. "You forgot something."

"What are you talking about?" she began to ask, but was cut off as Logan's unexpectedly soft lips collided with her own. Not wasting any time, he pulled her hard against his taut body, his tongue demanding entrance as he pressed her against a nearby pillar. Instinctively, Marie dropped her bag on the ground and lifted her arms to push him away, but instead wrapped them around Logan's neck. He held her tightly to him, one hand buried in her hair, the other arm secured around her waist.

The contact seemed to last forever as Logan awaited the pull of Marie's power, the girl in his arms blissfully unaware of the danger he was in. When they eventually came up for air - and had gathered quite a crowd - Marie bit her lower lip and looked up at Logan through long, dark lashes. "Logan...that was...I mean...wow."

"Yeah. So I, uh..." he started "I had this big...heroical plan: I was going to sweep you off your feet..." he breathed against her lips.

Marie giggled girlishly at that. "Check!" He smiled and leaned his forehead againt hers, just breathing her in for a moment as she moved a hand to caress his cheek. "So," she asked, still brethless from the best kiss in the history of, well, history "What was phase two of your brilliant plan?"

Logan considered this for a moment, and tried to gauge from Marie's current level of contentment how bad the fallout would be. *Man up, soldier!* he thought as he inhaled once more, letting her scent calm his nerves.

"First, I want to say how beautiful you are. I've wanted you for so long." he told her honestly, trying to soften her up a little more. The way she dropped his gaze and blushed told him it had done the trick. "I was going to kiss you like the idiots do in those cheesy movies you like so much..."

"Then what?" she prompted, ignoring the jibe - she could always make him pay for it later.

"Then," he brushed a stray lock of hair away from her face "you would absorb my thoughts and you'd see the way I feel about you."

"Oh, my God." she whispered. "How long have we been touching?" All pretense of humour gone, Marie pushed Logan away a little and breathed deeply, trying to ignore the scent of leather and cigars.

He gave her a lopsided grin and indicated the crowd with a tilt of his head "Long enough to attract an audience." His grin widened as Marie cast her eyes around the platform - devoid of train - and blushed again.

"How?" she asked nobody particular. "I mean...this shouldn't be possible."

"Come home with me." he part demanded, part begged. "We can figure this out later, just say you'll come with me."

Niether of them heard the tall, blonde, thirty-something man in a suit and tie tell his friend "If she doesn't go home with him, I will."

"I love you." Logan told her finally, and pressed his lips to hers once more in a slow soft kiss that - once again - knocked all that had come before it right out of the park.

Logan broke the kiss and stoked his thumb across Marie's cheek, wiping away a tear as it fell from her eye. "I love you, too." she whispered, startled by the thunderous applause that rang out around them.

After another moment, Logan pulled back and took Marie's hand in his own, the crowd dispersing as he leaned down to pick up her bag.

The tall, blonde, thirty-something man stood a few seconds longer, eyeing Logan's backside as he walked away. His friend only patted him on the back and offered "Better luck next time, dude."

His expression suddenly brightened as he looked toward the cafe near the newstand. The other man laughed when he saw the young, tattooed barista offer his friend a smile and a "Sup?" nod. "I think I'm going to be okay."

"Yeah."