Author's Chapter Notes:
This is literally nothing but fluffy, sappy, lovey-dovey mush right here. I needed to get it out of my system before the next angsty plotline. :p So we say goodbye to this story and I thank all of you again for your support, encouragement and motivation. (And props to those of you who picked out the Firefly and LOTR references.)

I hope to see you again on the next adventure!
~oOo~

No more than twelve hours after Logan and Marie reunited that afternoon, he proposed to her. Of course, being Logan, he asked her right after they'd had sex. Incredible, passionate, sweaty and vigorous sex. The actual words were muffled because his mouth was buried in the crook of her neck.

"Marry me."

"What?"

"Marry. Me."

She laughed. Hard.

"It was that good?"

"Smartass."

"You know you don't have to make an honest woman out of me to get me to fuck you, Logan. I'll happily do that forever."

"What can I say, I'm an old fashioned guy."

"Yeah, so old fashioned you propose to me not on bended knee or with a big assed diamond but while we're naked and you've just ridden me like I was a rodeo horse."

"Well, maybe I'm not that old fashioned. So...will you?"

"Since you asked so nicely...yes, you big lug. I'll marry you. But you still have to buy me a big assed diamond."

"No sweat, baby. You've earned it."

Marie laughed again and slapped his cheek.

"You're such a jerk sometimes, Logan."

"I'll make it up to you darlin'."

"Damn straight you will."

Four months later they'd married in Ororo's gardens under a brilliantly blue, cloudless sky. It had been a simple but beautiful wedding with their friend, Kurt Wagner, officiating. Jubilee caught the bouquet and Marie had smiled at how calm Hank had been, watching his girlfriend tease him with the flowers while sitting on his lap, whispering in his ear. She hadn't realized that his fur was capable of blushing.

During their first dance – yes, Logan had agreed to one dance and one dance only – Marie watched as Scott and Jean sat together, tentatively holding hands and smiling at each other. They had spent the last four months starting over with each other and it seemed that the chemistry that had brought them together in the first place was still there. Marie was glad for them. Not only because they both deserved happiness but that, like Logan and her, they seemed destined to be together.

Now, she stood on the balcony of their beachfront villa in Belize, watching the sun dance on top of the waves as the trees swayed lazily in the breeze. Marie closed her eyes and smiled as the wind tickled her face and made her nightgown brush against her legs.

"Hey."

Logan's deep and very sleepy voice rose up from behind her. She turned around to see her husband naked and entwined in the sheets, his long leg draped across the length of the bed.

"Hey yourself."

"You're not in bed."

"My husband, the observant one."

"You're also wearin' clothes."

"Again, very astute of you."

"Wife, get your very hot ass in this bed."

"Husband, get your very hot ass out of that bed and watch the sunrise with me."

He grunted loudly, feigning frustration while he made his way towards her. Logan moved behind Marie and wrapped his arms around her, feeling her body mold itself into his. Her head tilted back to rest on his shoulder and together they watched as the rising sun reflected on the gently moving water.

"It's beautiful, darlin'."

"It's more than beautiful, it's perfect."

Marie turned around and leaned against the balcony railing. She brought her hands up to Logan's chest and ran her fingers gently up to his face. She could never get enough of looking into his eyes.

"You're perfect, Marie."

"Flatterer. You just want me back in that bed."

Logan moved forward slightly and put his hands on Marie's hips. The delicate silk that covered her body contrasted with the taught muscles underneath. She was such an amazing contradiction.

"I mean it. Everythin' about you is perfect. I haven't felt this peaceful in…well, fuck, I can't remember when."

"I feel the same way, baby. I really never thought I could be this happy."

He kissed her gently, taking time to feel the softness of her lips. Their tongues danced with each other and their hands roamed over one another's bodies. Logan and Marie knew each other as intimately as two people could but each new session of lovemaking found them feeling like it was their first time. That was probably the best upside of having both a physical and psychic connection.

"God, I love you, Marie." He practically breathed his words into her mouth.

"Right back at ya, big guy."

She kissed him again and smiled.

"So, is this our happily ever after?"

"Yeah, darlin', it is."

Marie pushed him back and away from her. He watched as her hands reached down to gather the material of her nightgown in her hands. She lifted her arms and, in one swift motion, pulled the sheer material up and over her head. Marie stood before him naked and bathed in the glow of the rising sun.

"Oh, I think we can bump that up to spectacular ever after, don't you?"

So much for peaceful.

"Goddammit Marie, your body is seriously damagin' my calm."

He grabbed her waist and lifted her up, her legs wrapping around his hips.

She giggled and then was lost in his scent, his touch and his desire for her. And, when it was over and they lie in each other's arms, sated and at peace, they watched as the sun continued to make its way up into the sky and listened to the waves lapping on the rocks below.

It was a spectacularly happy ending, indeed.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading!