Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter, courtesy of late night not being able to sleep. We're clipping along at quite a great place here, so I'm pretty excited about it!
She can’t help but running and running when she hears someone tearing through the forest after her. Fear and silence don’t go hand in hand for Marie. She panting and screaming and running and falling and it’s not until she hears him calling her name that she stops.

He’s there to catch her when she falls.

She’s sobbing now, after facing the worst thing she’s faced in forever. It’s worse than the cutting and the burning and pain pain pain to see someone she’s known from before. From before her troubled times. Before the lab and the experiments and the people people people in her head talking and talking.

She needs something , anything that’ll take her mind off of it so she clings to Logan. She holds onto him for dear life as she cries and cries. Eventually the tears dry up and she’s like a hollow shell with no insides. And she realizes that she wants to talk. She desperately wants to tell him something, anything that doesn’t make her sound like a crazy person, but she can’t because her head is filled with people and thery’re all talking and it’s like being at a baseball game or in a bar fight where you can’t hear anyone clearly but you can hear all of them just the same.

She remembers why she quit trying to be on all the time. It was so damn hard, it was tiring and it was hard and it made her head hurt. She’d rather be simple and crazy instead of hard. And when you’re crazy you can’t dwell on the things, the bad things like how you can’t go back to being the way you were before. You don’t have to think about the way you are now, the things that happen to you now. You don’t have to worry or cry or do anything but be simple and crazy.

So instead of talking, of speaking, she just clings to him, her hands wrapped around his neck and her face pressed to his skin. And she pretends that she’s ok, that she’ll be fine, and that she’ll live Happily Ever After.
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you think!