Author's Chapter Notes:
More Sabretooth... And Old friends meet again!

Enjoy my lovelies!
“You make an interesting point, Iceman. And now that Wolverine has found family, which have almost all the same genetically-given gifts… They are at risk. I have taken precautions with Remy and he has them within his sights at all hours. I am hoping to have them move to the school permanently. I haven’t spoken to Lara’s sister yet, but Lara has told me that her sister can cook. We could use a full time chef. Not that the one we have isn’t great, but I am sure we get tired of the same menu, week after week.”

“True,” Colossus answered with one word.

“If they have a mutant that can sense other’s gifts, we will be in danger,” Beast said. “When Wolverine and Rogue return, we might have to consider having drills a few times a week to make sure the students know the emergency procedures.”


“I agree, I will let Wolverine and Rogue handle the drills,” Charles seconded the notion.

“Why Wolverine and Rogue? I can do drills,” Iceman questioned his decision.

“Because Wolvie has lots more years fighting training in his mind than you’ve got in your little finger, and my Chica Rogie has him in her head, that's why," Jubilee piped in to her friend's defense.

“Excellently put,” Charles voiced.

“So what do we do?” Storm asked.

“My contact is working on more information, like pictures and exact location.”

“Like Beast has suggested, we will hold drills when Wolverine and Rogue return. For now, Storm, Iceman, and Colossus will teach the children the escape routes. To give the students something to study,” Charles said as he looked at the whole country of Australia in a three dimensional map.

“Done,” Colossus agreed.

“Have you notified Rogue and Wolverine of this new information?” Shadowcat wanted to know.

“Not as yet, since I just called Charles.”

“I hate to tell them since I just talked to Rogue this morning, but I will handle the notification,” Charles said as he turned the holographic strategy table off.

“Wolvie is gonna be so pissed they reopened this program,” Jubilee said as she turned from the table and headed for the door.

“Yes, Jubilee. We all are. The rest of you, just help out where you can. Keep your eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary,” Charles added. “Meeting adjourned.”


Kibbyland Motor Lodge
Kingman, AZ.
11:00 A.M.

Logan didn’t get himself off in the shower as he ordinarily would have done if they’d had the time. Hell, he would have let Marie finish what she’d started with her small hands. But they didn’t have time. He just used the last of the freebie two-in-one shampoo and conditioner, washed his hair. A quick toweling off of his body and he pulled on a pair of cleaner faded blue denim jeans before he grabbed a fresh pair of socks. He knew he was going to be damn uncomfortable wearing jeans in the heat, but he didn’t really have a choice; which was part of the reason he spent a lot of time in the north to stay cool. He noticed that Marie was gone, her bag and the bag from the diner was missing as well. Logan figured she was likely waiting for him in the Suburban. He slipped on his socks and boots before he grabbed a clean white undershirt from under his dirty clothing. He noticed she had picked up everything that they owned off the floor. His hand went back into the bag and noticed that his white dress shirt was missing. Oh well, he’d be content with the undershirt for a while. It was forecast to get up to 101 degrees so he would be fine with the air conditioning. The thought that Victor was missing crossed his mind and he hurried up and out to Marie. Logan didn’t want to risk leaving her alone too long. More than likely, he wouldn’t let her out of his sight until Xavier had a lock on Sabretooth’s whereabouts. A quick stop for gas and they hit the road. Logan set the speed control to 65 when they reached the edge of town.


McDonald’s
Flagstaff, AZ.
1:30 P.M.

Normally, Logan would have driven through straight on to Albuquerque, New Mexico, but Marie said she was hungry. Come to think of it, he could use a snack as well. So, he pulled into the drive through and ordered almost all of the Dollar Menu. He thought it would be good to get a few more dollar burgers since it was going to be at least another 5 hours until they reached Albuquerque, New Mexico and they weren’t too bad cold. She convinced him to pull into a parking spot on the lot, just for a half an hour. They ate and then she took off for a pit stop since it was going to be a long ride. He finally acquiesced to his own body’s call of nature and went in as well to use the restroom. Logan, of course, didn’t need as long as Marie, so he came back to the SUV and decided to check his phone for any messages. He almost wished he hadn’t…
There in his email inbox was a message from Xavier.

From: mindclass at XavierSchool.net
To: theotherartteacher at XavierSchool.net
Re: Sabretooth…

Logan, Hank has had some disturbing news come in. Weapon X Program re-launched. No, not joking. X-Men know the situation. Believe they have captured Sabretooth to begin experimentation. His mind erased of any memories of you or his life before. Possible underground location in Australia. You and Rogue may be in danger. Making arrangements to move Lara, Frank, and Lily here to the school, permanently. Drills to be taught by you and Rogue when you return. More intel to follow. X.


Marie came back into the Suburban and Logan looked white, almost green. Something was wrong. Then he turned a shade of red. She closed the door and he roared in pain anger and frustration as his claws popped. Fortunately, she was able to cover her ears and stay away from the blades. When he finished, she watched as he began to pant and control his breathing.

“What is it, honey?”

“The Weapon X Program has been reopened. Someone has picked up where Stryker left off. Xavier thinks they have Victor. Has intel that his mind… It’s gone. He thinks that they’ve possibly started testing research on him.”

“So, what do we do?”

“Chuck wants us to hold drills for the kids, which ain’t a bad idea. He said he thinks there’s an underground lab down under.”

“How terrible, sugah,” Marie said as she put on her belt.

“We may be in danger. What do you wanna do? Cut the trip short or finish up and head back?”

“Well, the Professor’s gonna need tahm to git more information. Ah say we keep goin’.”

“True. Chuck is moving Lara, Lily, and Frank to the mansion permanently. I don’t think that’s too bad of an idea actually. Lily and Lara can cook among other things. Xavier would get along with Frank.”


Gas Up. Stop. Go.
Amarillo, TX.
11:50 P.M.

Logan decided to drive on through Albuquerque, New Mexico and on to Amarillo, Texas since Marie had fallen asleep after he had done another drive through dinner at another McDonald’s. He pulled in to a place called Gas Up. Stop. Go. He needed to fill up and check a map. Marie woke up when he opened the door.

“Hey, ah’ll pump. You pay.”

“’Kay, you need anything?”

“Gimme a lemonade and a sub of some kind. Oh, ah’m out of Doritos too. Nacho cheese flavor. And get me a cheese and cherry Danish if they gottem.”

Logan rolled his eyes as he got out of the driver’s seat. Well, that’s one thing he couldn’t fault her for too much. She had an appetite just as voracious as his. He picked up her food and something for himself. He passed the man behind the counter a one hundred dollar bill.

“Fifty dollars on number 6 and all this.”

“Sure, anything else?”

“Nope.”

The man rang up the purchases and then Logan went out and yelled at Marie to start pumping. He climbed back into his seat and shut the door. Marie still had hers open so she popped her head in.

“Ah’m gettin’ rid of some trash. You got any?”


Logan looked over and his jeans suddenly became uncomfortably tight. In his line of sight, Marie’s breasts hung in his dress shirt and the bikini bra barely visible under them. She must have caught him staring because she jiggled them a little to get his attention.

“Yeah, baby, I’ve got plenty of trash, right here…” He poorly spoke, as if to suggest that she was turning him on.

“Hey you, up here,” she said in amusement.

“Sorry, what?”

“Nevah mahnd. Ah got it,” she voiced as she had already bagged up what she needed while he stared.

Soon, those 50 dollars was in the tank and Marie made a pit stop before they hit the road again.


The Chain Gang
Canadian, TX.
Friday, June 4, 2010
1:10 A.M.

Logan pulled into the parking lot and killed the engine. Sure, it was later than he’d planned but he’d just made it before last call. The lot seemed a bit fuller this time around. He wondered if this was the weekend crowd getting started early.

“I won’t be gone long. This time, if you wanna go for a walk, don’t go far. It’s late…”

“Okay. Ah’ll go for a walk down to that all naht grocery store we passed a couple blocks back. Ah need to get a few things.”

“Fine.”

They both got out and Marie locked up this time. He watched her walk away with her light jacket on. Then went inside the bar and there was a woman getting on in years behind the counter. She looked like the kind of woman that would give you hell if she were your mama and you forgot to call her on Sunday. Loaded with more spunk than a viper on a bad day. It had to be Alice Turner. He remembered he met her when she was in her 20’s in the 60’s. Logan walked up and took a seat at the bar. He waited for her to amble down to him. He realized that she was now in her early 70’s. Vern would be a little older and in his middle 70’s. She took a look at him and there was some recognition in her eyes like she knew him, but then her eyes narrowed. He assumed that she was trying to recall his name. The place wasn’t too busy, give or take 10 or 15 patrons in the bar slowly, quietly drinking their cares away or hooking up for the night. He remembered that he gave Denton his phone number but she hadn’t called. Now, seeing her again, he granted her some slack. She probably had been busy with Vern’s care.

“Don’t I know you?” She kindly asked.

“Yes, ma’am,” Logan smiled back.

“For the life of me, I can’t remember how we met.”

“I was a fighter here, some time ago,” he spoke with an air of sadness.

“Oh. Well, what can I getcha?”

“Listen, I wanna tell ya that I was sorry to hear about Vern. Is he okay?”

“Yeah, he’s at home resting. I got us one-a those live-in nurses with him now.”

“That’s good. How come you’re in here today? Isn’t Denton supposed to be in?”

“Who, Denny? Denny’s off today. He’s runnin’ errands for me and the Warden.”

“Fine, fine. Hey, I stopped in to ask ya somethin’ pretty important.”

“Like what?” She asked as she began to polish the shot glasses.

“I’m gettin’ married and I would like to invite you, Vern, and Denny to come to the wedding.”


“Awww, really?”

“Yeah. You think the Warden’s got it in him to come?”

“I’ll make sure we’re there, don’t you worry. When is it?”

“April fourteenth or eighteenth, two thousand and twelve. I think.”

“Where will it be held?”

“No idea, yet. Friends of ours are planning the location of the venue.”

“That sounds like it could be a disaster or really beautiful.”

“Yeah, I’m not so sure myself. I’d like to catch up sometime, but I’m on the road with my girl. Gonna be takin’ her home to see her parents soon.”

“Well, all right then. Safe travels.”

“I’ll keep in touch. Give Vern my best,” Logan said as he turned to go.

Just before he got to the door he heard her as she called out to stop him.

“Hey stranger, what’s your name,” she asked.

He turned and in a James Bond stance, he said with a smile, “Logan. Name’s Logan.”

Logan left the bar before she could say more.


After the man left, Alice had to take a seat on a stool behind the bar. The reality hit her… That was Logan. The man that had fought in the bar and then worked for them on the weekends. But, that couldn’t be him. He should have been older with some gray hair at least. Why hadn’t he aged? An inner voice answered for her, because he was a mutant…


Dawson Foods
Canadian, TX.
1:30 A.M.

Marie went inside the store and headed for the feminine products aisle. Logan in his haste to get her ‘supplies’ got her the wrong Tampon size. He purchased the light ones and she needed the heavy ones for her first three days. Normally, she was due to start at the end of the month, but it hadn’t come like she’d expected last month. She still marked the time passage on the calendar on her cell phone to see if she might be pregnant. Marie considered that she had been under a good deal of stress lately with dealing with losing Tigger, Logan’s family suddenly revealing a huge secret, and the aftermath of that. She sighed as she reached for the blue box on the shelf. Then it hit her, what was she gonna do with Logan when she did get her period? He usually disappeared for a week because he couldn’t take the smell of blood on her. How was he going to deal with being stuffed up in the cab of the Suburban?

‘Hmmm, cotton balls,’ she thought. Marie wondered if he would mind stuffing his nose for a week… Or would he want to drive with the windows open all the way back to the mansion?

She could just imagine Logan with his nose stuffed up with cotton balls and driving in the heat. She smiled and decided to go get something to lighten the mood. Chocolate syrup did wonders for the Wolverine’s mood. She stopped off and picked up some Maple syrup as well. Marie was going to make that rain check well worth the wait.


Out in the parking lot, Logan pulled up into a spot closer so Marie wouldn’t have to walk all the way back. While he sat in his seat he decided to answer Xavier’s email.

From: theotherartteacher at XavierSchool.net
To: mindclass at XavierSchool.net
Re: Travel Plans…

Chuck, it doesn’t really surprise me that Victor is a part of something so nefariously bad. Marie and I are okay. I am taking her to see her parents soon. She doesn’t know that yet, but she wants to still continue the trip. We’re about to leave Texas. Will teach drills when we return. Is Thornwood location secure? L.

Logan sent the email and spotted Marie coming out of the exit. He honked to get her attention. She smiled as she caught sight of him through her rolled down tinted window.

“Need a lift, darlin’?” he teased her.

“You goin’ mah way, sugah?” Marie smiled and took a sexy stance, with her index finger in her mouth.
Chapter End Notes:
So... More is coming soon! Another huge twist coming soon! Are you ready...???? Thanks for your reviews!