Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan experiences a Monte Cristo... And Marie comforts a friend...
Marie down in the booth across from Logan and his eyebrow was up in a curious expression because she chose not to sit next to him. She had some explaining to do… But there wasn’t time because Ms. Stackhouse came back with 3 beers, two Molson’s and one Heineken. She slid in next to Marie on the booth bench.

“Logan, this here is Sookie Stackhouse. The best cousin on the planet to have on your side.”

“Ah’ll drink to that,” she said.

“Sookie Stackhouse, this is Logan,” and Sookie held out her hand for him to shake.


Fortunately, Sookie had learned how to control her telepathic gift to the point where she could hear nothing unless she really wanted to. She was grateful for the control because it meant less headaches. For if Logan knew she could possibly read his mind, he wouldn’t be very happy.


Logan did so and they all relaxed. He took a gulp of his beer and nearly killed it. He felt like he was in one of those high school nerd boy fantasies of dating the hottest twins. Almost like one of his Marie fantasies come to life, only it was two different women, but of the same gene pool.

“Feels like I’m lookin’ at the Double Mint twins here.”

“Ah’m related on Marie’s mama’s sahd.”

“She helped meh get outta Meridian and on the road to Canada.”

“Oh, so you’re the one I should blame for letting my girl travel alone,” Logan’s eyebrow went up to go with the smirk on his face.

“Ah saved her lahf by gettin’ her out of town. Ah had Vampire-palooza goin’ on at mah house and she couldn’t stay with all that goin’ on. Ah gave her what ah could spare and sent her on.”

“Well, we won’t argue the semantics of savin’ mah lahf raht now. How are you and Bill doin’? It’s been awhile since we got caught up.”


“There is no more Bill and ah. Ah’m with Alcide Herveaux over there at the bar. The one that’s makin’ evil eyes at Logan here.”

“Since when?”

“Since ah couldn’t choose who ah wanted between Eric Northman and Bill Compton. Ah’m done with vampires for a while. Alcide is a full blooded werewolf. How ironic is it that we both fell for men with sideburns? At least you still have your man… Alcide’s burns just kinda grow all togethah.”

“So, there’s no hope for you and Bill then?”

“Well, maybe. But ah’m with Alcide now and ah wanna see that through it’s course.”

“Ah was gonna ask you and Bill to our weddin’, but you’re not with Bill now and…”

“You’re gettin’ hitched?!”

“Yup, to the Wolverine over there…” Marie smiled. Logan just took another sip of his beer.

“Oh Mah Gawd! You have ta let meh throw you a Hen’s Naht!”

“Hen’s Naht?”

“Yeah, you know… Bachelorette party.”

“Ah don’t know yet. We’re not gettin’ hitched until twenty twelve.”

“Well, then keep meh in mahnd when ya get closer to the date and all.”

“Ah will.”


“Ya’ll stayin’ a while or hittin’ the road?”

“The road, New Orleans, got some people we’ve gotta see,” Logan took the opportunity to step into the conversation.

“Yeah, what he said,” Marie replied.

“Well, ah wish ah could go with, but ah’ve gotta work. Ah’m still payin’ for the mess at mah place. Got a bitah storm damage.”

“What kinda damage?” Logan asked.

“Leakin’ roof and windows, oh and a little landscape fixin’.”

“Logan’s good with his hands,” Marie blurted out and then realized what she’d said. “Ah’m gonna shut up now.”

Logan’s eyebrow went up as he smirked and she blushed.

“Is there a number where we can reach you?” He questioned. “Not sure when but we might swing back this way. I could fix your roof and Marie’s got a green thumb.”

“Sure,” Sookie pulled out a cocktail napkin from the waitress toolkit around her waist.

She wrote her home, cell phone numbers on it, and passed it to Logan.

“You look lahk someone who doesn’t lose things,” her explanation.

Logan’s sensitive hearing picked up the growling that came from the bar when he put the napkin in his back pocket.

“Sounds like the animal at the bar needs another drink,” he suggested and tilted his head in the direction of Alcide.

“You’re probably raht. Break’s over. Ah gotta go. It was nice to meet ya, Logan. Good to see ya, Marie.”

They finished up their beers and Logan pulled out his wallet.

“Nice to meet you too. Here’s somethin’ for the bill and keep the change,” Logan gave her a $100 U.S. legal tender.

“You don’t hafta pay meh, it’s on the house.”

“You’ve gotta get repair supplies, don’t-cha?” She looked rather sheepish as she considered his offer.

“Well. Alraht, thanks. Take carah mah girl here,” Sookie told Logan as she gave Marie a hug.

“I’m doin’ my best.”


Lafitte Gas
Baton Rouge, LA.
11:10 P.M.

After they left Merlotte’s without starting a fight with the locals, Logan drove for a little over an hour and twenty minutes into Baton Rouge. He needed to take a leak, get gas, and it was right next door to the local Denny’s. True it was only another hour and a half to New Orleans, but he hated running out of gas at night, and with being in the south at night, dangerous creatures might be on the road… Losing a leg from an alligator because you’re walking to find the next gas station didn’t appeal to Logan, even though he could heal from such an injury… And he sure as hell was not going to leave Marie alone in the SUV while he walked. She’d be a sitting duck for the new Weapon X team and he wouldn’t allow her to be captured. He got out and was about to head over next door when Marie cornered him against his door.

“Sugah, you need some coffee? And not the gas station crappy stuff, but real coffee?”

“Whatcha got in mind?” He smiled.

“Gimme some money and find out…” she teased.

Logan pulled out two twenty U.S. dollar bills and handed them to her.

“Get a snack too. Somethin’ warm and almost mooin’.”

“Gotcha,” she said, quickly turned, and left.

He locked up the vehicle and headed inside the gas station. About ten minutes later, he came back and opened the tank to start filing it’s stomach with fuel. It would be easy for Marie to spot the Suburban because he parked on the outside where it would be easily visible. He watched her as she came back over with one bag and a compressed cardboard drink holder filled with four tall Styrofoam cups of coffee.

“Smells interesting,” Logan said as he picked up a strong scent of gasoline mixed with hazelnuts, French vanilla, Irish crème, and Kahlua.

“Vanilla one’s mahn. Ah got you three cause you’re drivin’.”

“Marie, darlin’, it’s only an hour and a half to New Orleans from here. I don’t need three,” he politely tried to turn down the offering from his mate.


But you see, the man wasn’t getting what she had in mind. Marie’s inner Wolverine told her to get the extra coffee for some fun times once they got into town. Things would be hopping, with music and people partying well into the night. No sense in sending the real Logan to bed once they got into The Big Easy… She only needed one tall cup of leaded coffee to keep her wired for the rest of the late night hours.

“Look, sugah, ah’m dumpin’ ya once we get into town. Ah plan to hang with Jubes and ah know ya wanna dump meh ta go hang with Remy. You’re gonna need the energy…”

“Why would I drop you for the Swamp Rat?”

“Poker… You love tryin’ to take his money.”

“True, darlin’, true.”

“And ah need to hang with mah girl for a while. Ah’m sure she misses meh.”

“Well, maybe you have a point. I can’t stand listening to her ramble on, almost makes my ears bleed.”

“And if ya leave meh with Remy long enough, he maht hit on meh.”

“Ain’t gonna happen, or he’s gonna lose an important appendage,” Logan said seriously and Marie wondered if it wasn’t the man but the Wolverine talking.

“Just gas up and your burgers will be waitin’ in the front seat.”

“Almost there, darlin’.”


New Orleans, LA.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
1:00 A.M.

Logan easily found Remy’s club near the heart of the city. The streets were still alive with tourists and ne’er-do-well cats looking to score drugs, sex, or steal money. He parked the Suburban in a dark alley right next to the club. Marie had called Jubilee early to have the back door opened. Once he killed the engine, Marie climbed out and retrieved her pack from the seat behind her front passenger seat. The back door was a heavy steel door that required heavy muscle to move it. It was disguised to look like an aged brick wall on the alley side. He could see that she was waiting for him as he locked, alarmed the vehicle, and she took his hand after he walked around the rear. Together they walked up to the door. There was no need to knock as there was a small pinhole camera hidden between two bricks, the grout hid it well. It was attached to a video monitor inside, which was monitored by the muscle about to open the door. All of a sudden, a big burly dude with a crew cut and black t-shirt on, STAFF emblazoned across his overly brawny chest, pushed open the heavy door.

And in a flash of yellow, Jubilee was in Marie’s arms. Logan immediately put his index fingers in his ears to block out the excited girly screaming. He could hear himself growl at the noise level as it threatened to seep in over his digits. Marie reached back for his hand and he figured it was safe to let go of his rescued inner ear drums. The two teammates Jubilee to an elevator as ‘Sven’ closed and secured the back door.

“It’s do good to have my Chica here. I am so excited!” Logan growled at the rise in tone/octave?

As the bottom of the floor began to feel like they were being jet propelled upward, soon they arrived at the third floor. Logan opened the wrought iron door for the two ladies.

“So, how long you two love birds stayin’ in town?”

“Depends on the talk Remy and I have.”


Marie was surprised at this… She thought they could at least say four or five days.

“Can’t we stay at least a couple days?”

Logan visibly softened a little.

“Let me have a couple hours and we’ll see.”

“Come on Chica, we’ll let the menfolk get drunk and be rowdy, while we’re up here talkin’ about our sex lives.”

“Whoa, Yellow, didn’t need that mental picture, thanks,” Logan growled, disgusted.

“Anytime Wolvie,” Jubilee winked at Logan. Marie giggled as he stayed on the elevator looking irritated.

“Close the door, will ya,” he snapped a little at her.

She started to close the door and just before she closed it, she popped her head around it.

“Miss meh,” she smiled wickedly at him.

That at least earned her a smile from him before he hit the down button to return downstairs to the action. She closed the door. Jubilee still had her arm around Marie’s waist as they started to walk to the living room of the Le Beau’s loft apartment. The living room had golden yellows, rich greens, and lush purples in carpets, curtains, and furniture. It was like living in Mardi Gras every day. Beads and candles were placed between family pictures and there were burgundy colored hard wood floors.

“Sooo…” Jubilee said as they made themselves comfortable on the three seat teal colored leather couch. “How goes it with you and Wolvie?”

“Jubes, it’s been a rollercoaster since we left New York. We met Logan’s twin sisters. You know Lara Wyle, Logan’s cousin? She wasn’t his cousin, but she is his sister!”

“Wow, you gotta be shittin’ me… How’d he take it?”

“He passed out. Ah had to call in the Professor to help fix him. We spent the day resting in bed, at mah insistence.”

“Now, did you actually sleep or did you get it on all day?”

“Jubes…” Marie mock yelled at her.

“Well, get to the good stuff.”

“Oh alraht. He had a gooood mornin’ the day aftah. Anyway, movin’ on. We got to meet Lily, the othah twin. She’s just as nice as Lara and she’s gonna try to cook for the weddin’. Logan actually asked her to cater the wedding for us.”

“Gonna try?”

“She has a place here in town and she has to check her schedule to see if she can make it.”

“Make sure you tell Ororo. Pretty soon, she’s gonna have to take over the whole wedding. I feel like I’m ready to pop and I still have two more months to go after this one.”

“Ah will. And we went to see mah cousin, Sookie. You know the one with the vampire boyfriend.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“She and Bill Compton split. And she and Eric Northman split.”

“But, there’s more…”

“Yeah, she’s goin’ with some guy, Alcide Herveaux. He’s a werewolf. He’s so hot… He could give Logan a run for his money.”

“Tell me, what does he look like?”

“He’s tall, dark, and growly. Ah had to make sure Logan didn’t smell any spike in mah scent, or we really wouldah had trouble.”

“Too bad I’m attached… And really preggers.”

“But you look happy, Jubes.”

“Really, ah am. Ah just feel like a whale. Remy’s been tryin’ hard to make me comfortable, but I smell those cheap hussies on him, and I don’t wanna believe he’s cheatin’ on me...” Jubilee began to go through an emotional swing and Rogue put her arm around her for support.
Chapter End Notes:
So... I hope you liked it! Working on more!