Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving! Just in time for the holiday!

Fun wedding stuff ahead!

Enjoy!
The Foyer
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
7:20 A.M.

Marie came back to the school a little earlier than she’d planned, but she was still ahead of Logan. She put her coat up in the coat closet there under the staircase and got down to business. She spotted Ororo crossing the hall, putting fresh cut flowers from her greenhouse in the vases along the hall.

“Mornin’ ‘Ro. Ah was wonderin’, where exactly is the weddin’ bein’ held?”

“Somewhere really nice, you’re gonna love it… I can’t tell you because it’s a surprise,” she said without missing a beat.

“Ororo, ah need to know bah the end of the day where the weddin’ is.”

“Yes Ma'am,” she kidded.

Marie pulled one of the newly cut red roses out of the vase Ororo had been filling and went to her room. Once there she put the rose in the small bud vase by the lamp on the nightstand.


‘Only if I had more time,” Ororo thought as she pulled out the Letter of Agreement outlining their space, hotel rooms, policies, and procedures relating to the Caldicott-Howlett wedding. The event of the century, if she could pull it off. She flattened it out and stuck it in a bunch of papers she needed Marie and Logan to sign. She hoped they would just quickly sign everything and not read anything.


Communications Office
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
2:00 P.M.

Ororo caught Marie in the communications office picking up her messages and Logan’s.

‘Well here goes nothing,’ she thought.

“Marie. These need to be signed right away.”

She handed her one and Marie sat down in a chair next to a desk. She signed the bills for the cake and her dress. She signed all but one.

“Wait. What’s this? A contract…”

“Marie, just please sign it. It’s nothing to worry about. It’s just from the planner.”

“’Ro, you know ah gotta read this.”

“Just trust me Marie. Please.”

“That trust is wearin’ thin, sugah. Just don’t make meh regret this,” Marie voiced as she signed it anyway.

“Thank you Marie. I know this is going to make you and Logan very happy.”

“Ah hope so. Oh, don’t let Logan read it either. Just tell him ah said to sign it. If he tries to read it tell him he won’t get mah special dessert tonight if he does.”

Ororo giggled, “Okay.”

Then she parted ways with Marie and went to check the garage for Logan.

‘One down one to go,’ Ororo thought as she headed through the front door.


The Garage
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
2:15 P.M.

Logan was busy working on changing the oil on his bike when he heard footsteps on the concrete driveway coming closer. He sniffed the air to find the smell of Kenyan coffee, and maple and brown sugar. Which was exactly what, Ororo had for breakfast just about every morning, maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal and a cup of Kenyan coffee. Then he heard a soft knock on the open door of the garage.

“Heya ‘Ro, whatcha need?”

“Afternoon, Logan.”

“What can I do for ya?”

He heard her heart rate quicken, indicating fear. What could she possibly be afraid of? He knew she wasn’t afraid of him.

“Marie wants you sign this and if you don’t read it, you’ll get her special dessert tonight.”

Logan coughed, smiled as the eyebrow went up in curiosity and interest.

“Fine,” he offered as he signed it, “By the way, I want extra seats in available for the two ceremonies and the reception. Just in case. I have a feelin’ Victor Creed might be makin’ an unwanted appearance.”

“Are you sure, he might? Regardless, I’ll care of security for the ceremonies and the reception, just in case.”

“I’m not certain, but with Victor, you can’t be sure of anything. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. I will bring you the security plans once I have them for your approval. Then if changes need to be made, we’ll close all the gaps.”

“Right.”

“Later,” she spoke, but he was lost in thought over what Marie called her ‘special dessert.’


Ororo smiled as she left him alone in the garage. She sealed the agreement, the reservation forms, the advance ticket order forms, and a money order for all the tickets in a large manila envelope. She addressed it to Tabitha Green and had Kurt bamf it to the 24 hour post office down the road a piece.


Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Friday, May 14, 2010
6:00 P.M.

Charles Xavier was tired at the end of a long day of paperwork and teaching young students to become upstanding mutants in a human world. But you couldn’t say that he didn’t love every minute of it. He cleaned up the last of the paperwork into files that went into the small filing drawer he had in his desk. Then he picked up his mail and began to tackle his correspondence. A big white envelope caught his eye near the bottom of the pile. A flip over and with the flick of his wrist he had opened it with his claymore shaped letter opener. He opened the card and moved the tissue paper.

“You and a guest are cordially invited to the wedding celebration of Anna Marie Caldicott to James Logan Howlett on April on the eighteenth day of our Lord, two-thousand and twelve. Ceremony to start promptly at 11:00 o’clock in the morning inside the Magic Kingdom,” he read.

When Ororo had come to him about tickets to Walt Disney World, he thought she was half kidding, but now he wondered how Logan and Marie could afford such a wedding. Ororo had kept her plans from him as well. He dialed up Ororo’s number on the school’s room-to-room phone system.

“Ororo… What have you done,” he asked as Ororo answered.

“What do you mean?”

“How exactly are Logan and Marie going to afford a Disney Wedding?”

“They aren’t. We won them a wedding package through a contest Jubilee and I signed them up for when we went to California.”

“You mean to tell me they are receiving a free wedding, from Disney? Disney doesn’t do free, Ororo.”

“Yes sir, they are. I shared their story with their wedding planner. She took it up to upper management and they agreed. I think they might have agreed so they get a huge publicity benefit out of this. She said something about the Beauty and the Beast angle. Only it’s the Beauty and the Wolverine; or simply just Rogue and Wolverine… And we need it kept a secret from them. I’m on the other line with Logan’s relatives. We’re arranging to get us all to Orlando.”

“It’s going to be one hell of a surprise. Well done, if you can pull it off.”

“Yes, but they deserve it. We deserve it after all we’ve put up with those two.”

“Amen. I have to agree with you there. I want you to gather as many of the wedding party as you possibly can. I want to have a meeting before Logan and Marie come back to teach next Friday, the twenty-first.”

“Right. I’m assuming all the invitations will be just about delivered by then, especially since you just received yours. The save the date announcements have already gone out. Marie wanted to change the date to the fourteenth but I kept it on the eighteenth. We both know she’ll want to change it back anyway, last minute.”

“True. I hope they won’t be too upset when we have to lower the boom so to speak.”

“I might have Kurt bamf Jubilee and I out of the room if I have to,” Ororo joked.

“Let’s hope that won’t be necessary. Now, go on back to your other call.”


Headmaster’s Office
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Friday, May 21, 2010
6:30 A.M.

“All right, I do apologize for calling all of you in so early this morning, but here’s the lay of the land. We need to stop any scuttlebutt about Logan and Marie’s wedding if there be any. Do not mention going to Walt Disney World or that you’re going to Florida. It’s supposed to be a surprise. If I find out someone has leaked the information that they are receiving a Disney wedding, there will be serious consequences. Now, Ororo has some things to share with us.”

Ororo stood, “Now that the Professor has cleared the air… What he says is true, as you all know they are going to have a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. Frank Wyle, from California, has graciously arranged for us to have transportation to Orlando. The Disney people will pick us up from the airport. And I would pack for warm and humid weather. We know this is still several months away, but we have to nip this in the bud before they find out. Marie’s patience is wearing thin and wants to know where the venue for their wedding is. I’m doing my best to put them both off. Maybe if we can keep them busy they won’t think about it as often. Anyway, thank you all.”

“Let’s get to work, dismissed.”


The Foyer
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
7:30 A.M.

Logan and Marie walked into the foyer and Logan noticed it was a bit too quiet. It was like a dead zone. No one was around. Usually the Professor mentally went into the student’s minds to gently wake them up in the morning. They almost decided to go looking when their fellow instructors began to file out of Xavier’s office.

“Well that was strange. I wonder what’s goin’ on.”

“Ah wonder, did we have uh meetin’ this mornin?”

“I’m gonna do some recon and meet you in the small kitchen for coffee,” Logan said before he followed Hank to his biology classroom.


“Heya Blue, what’s goin’ on? Did we miss a meeting this mornin?”

“No, it wasn’t anything important,” Logan could smell the lie in Hank’s statement.

Something was up because Hank didn’t look him in the eye as he answered the question; in fact, his back was to him. He wasn’t turning around as he pretended to look busy setting up the classrooms for the day’s lesson.

“Come on, Blue. You can tell me… Was it about the wedding? Is Xavier planning something?

“No, yes, and NO, Logan.” Logan showed the famous curious eyebrow.

“Ah-ha. We’re gettin’ somewhere…”

“Logan, I don’t have time for this now, my friend. Can we talk this weekend?”

“Sure. If by chance Victor Creed shows up at the weddin’, would you mind steppin’ down as my Best Man and bein’ a Groom’s Man instead?”

“I will be whatever you need, my friend.”

“Thanks, Hank. See ya.”


Small Kitchen
First Floor
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
12:30 P.M.

Marie followed Hank into the small kitchen to make her and Logan some lunch. He was spending extra time teaching a student about how to rebuild a motorcycle engine in the garage. So, she offered to deliver lunch to him. She went to the refrigerator for the bread and strawberry preserves before she went around Hank to get the bulk size jar of crunchy peanut butter out of the cabinet.

“Hank, what is goin’ on, sugah?” She asked, poured on the sweetness a little thicker than usual.

“I can’t say, Marie.”

“Why not? Is it somethin’ bad?”

“No, actually.”

“Okay, somethin’ good?”
Chapter End Notes:
May you have a delicious holiday! Don't forget to feed us with a review! Thanks! Now go hit the next button...