Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi all,

WARNING: Character Death and Graphic Imagery!!!

Now that I have that out of the way...

Victor is baaaack.

Enjoy!
“Yes.”

“Is the staff plannin’ somethin’?”

“No.”

“If ya tell meh, ah can make sure Logan will take you on his next cigar run to Cuba…”

She knew that would really tempt him because of his love of good cigars, and Logan had the best.

“Marie, I can’t tell you because we’ve been instructed not to say anything, and I so very much, don’t want to tick Charles, and my wife off.”

“But sugah, that’s unfair. It’s our weddin’. He can’t do that.”

“You want to face him? I sure as hell don’t want to be exiled to Antarctica without my state-of-the-art lab.”

“Okay Hank. Ah’ll leave it alone. Say, ah’ve been meanin’ to ask you. Mah right foot suddenly itched lahk crazy a while back and ah was wonderin’ if you think ah should have Moira look at it?”

“Hmm, did this itch reoccur?”

“No.”

“Any redness in the area?”

“Nope.”

“Well, I don’t see a reason to have it checked. The area is not inflamed or still itching. However, I am reminded of an old wives’ tale, that if your right foot suddenly itches, you will go on a trip.

“Really, you believe in that stuff?”

“I do.”

“Why?”

“Because I didn’t believe there were mutants on Earth, now look. Some of what is passed on from generation to generation is true, my dear. Like peppermint will help heal stomach upset.”

“Hmm, well. Ah’ll have to tell Logan about this trip… See ya.”


The Garage
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
12:50 P.M.

Marie left the kitchen with two classic peanut butter and strawberry preserves sandwiches like she made the day she went out with Gandalf, and milk. She headed to the garage and Logan was washing up for lunch.

“So, what of your recon?”

“Well, ah found out from Hank that the Professor instructed everybody in that meetin’ not to tell us about what happened in this mornin’.”

“Hank told me it was about the weddin’. They weren’t planning our stag and hen nights. Somethin’s goin’ on that’s for sure. Maybe it’s better we don’t know what’s goin’ on?”

“Oh gawd, you don’t think they’ve got a circus of a weddin’ planned, do ya?

“No way to tell baby, I don’t think it’s as out of control as you think. I don’t think Ororo would let it get that out of control. She knows us. She knows we’re simple and quiet, and we don’t want a big weddin’.”

“Ah hope you’re raht.”


Caldicott-Howlett Apartment
Thornwood, NY.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
6:00 P.M.

Marie and Logan came home and parked in the two car driveway. She got out of her car, secured it for the night, and was happy, ready to enjoy her evening with Logan. Logan came up to her and trapped her against her ‘Vette door. He took her face in his hands and gave her a kiss full of passion, promise. Then when she could breathe again she wrapped an arm around his waist as they walked toward their front door. She looked up at their front door when Logan stopped and stiffened.

“What is it,” she queried and dreaded the answer.

“Victor’s been here.”


Logan passionately kissed his girl when he arrived because he missed her all day. All those screaming and running kids just built his annoyance and anticipation of a quiet night at home with Marie. As they started up the aisle to their front door he saw a yellow gift-wrapped box with a big red bow on it. He stilled and sniffed the air. The stench of Victor Creed was fading in the air. He could be watching them. So much for a quiet evening…

They both cautiously stepped up to the box.

“It says it’s for me,” she said.

Logan smelled blood. It wasn’t human… It smelled like rotten flesh.

“I’ll open it. Get inside.” She did as he requested.

He let a claw out and cut off the top of the box. Inside, tissue paper and the stench of bloody, rotted flesh hit his nose. He whipped back the paper.

‘Oh shit!’ He thought as he looked inside the box.

He was so into what was inside the box he didn’t hear Marie sneak up on him after she opened the door and flipped on the doorstep light.

“Oh mah gawd! Noooo!” She screamed.


For inside the box was her precious, bloody, gutted, and very dead cat, Tigger. There was no mistaking that it wasn’t him, the bastard left the collar and tags on. Logan jumped up and wrapped his arms around her tightly. She cried and wailed her pain into his chest. He held her as waves of emotion washed over her.

“I’ve got ya darlin’. I’m here. Shhhh,” he softly cooed.

He held her as he gently backed her into their home. Nothing seemed out of place. He didn’t smell Victor inside their sanctuary. He stood still and held her with one arm and with the other, he put his palm flat on her back, circled her back in large sweeping movements.

“Shhh, baby. It’s gonna ge okay, I promise,” he tried to soothe her.


Marie was devastated, Tigger was gone! The pain was almost unbearable. Logan’s tender care was just what she needed. She calmed down faster as the transition from pain to anger took over.

“Why Logan, why? How did he get close enough to grab him? Ah don’t understand.”

“I don’t either, baby.” Security was tight at the school. “You feelin’ better now?”

“Ah won’t lie, it still hurts, but now ah’m mad.”

And heaven look out for a mad Rogue.

“I’ll call Chuck.”

“You do that, sugah. Ah need a drink.”

Marie went to the walnut stained credenza that held their liquor stash and poured her three fingers of Mr. Daniels.


Logan whipped the portable phone off the stand and hit the pre-set speed button direct to Charles Xavier’s personal cell phone.

“Charles Xavier,” he said with mirth in his voice because Moira had told him a dirty joke just a second before the phone had rang.

“This ain’t no time for laughin’, Chuck.”

“Sorry, what is it Logan?”

“We have a situation.”

“What can I do?”

“Assemble the team. Sabertooth has just become a headache we don’t need.”

“What’s happened?”

“We will be on our way as soon as I have Marie calmed down.”

“I will ready the senior team quickly.”

“Thanks Chuck.”


Logan was angry himself as he drove the school’s SUV back. He held Marie’s hand as a new wave of tears came to her eyes.

“He was gonna be our ring bearer. Ah was gonna get him this cute kitty tux and have Chloe walk him up the aisle in his harness,” Marie softly said before she dabbed her eyes with tissues.

“I’m gonna make him pay Marie, I promise.”

“Ah know you will, sugah. Ah’m countin’ on it.”


Situation Room
Level 3 Underground
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
7:30 P.M.

Soon they pulled up the driveway to the garage door. Then down to the lower levels. When the doors slid open, the couple spotted the McCoys, the Drakes, the Le Beaus, Nightcrawler, Colossus, the Professor, and Dr. Moira.

“What is this all about, my friends,” Beast spoke first.

“Sabretooth killed Tigger,” Rogue let out and she began to cry again.

Instantly, everyone’s heartstrings tugged for her pain. No one liked losing a beloved pet, well maybe except Sabretooth. Wolverine wrapped her up in his care again.

“Yeah, seems he somehow nabbed Rogue’s cat and left a present on our doorstep at Thornwood. The cat had been murdered and gutted. He even left the damn tags on.” Their friends and teammates felt Rogue’s pain.

“What can we do Wolvie,” Jubilee asked.

“Be on alert for anything suspicious around the grounds,” the Wolverine replied.

“Ah want ya to find that bastard and annihilate him,” Rogue cried angrily.

“Shhh, darlin’,” he said as he held her. “I wanna know how that mangy cat got Rogue’s cat to begin with.”

“Security of the school is a priority,” Charles spoke up.

“I think it’s a warning Logan,” Storm uttered. “At the very least, a sign. And after Rogue told me about your last fight I believe the cat could be exacting his revenge. Maybe goading you into a rematch?”

“Right,” Shadowcat and Jubilee agreed.

“Check the security tapes Shadowcat and I will work with Wolverine and Rogue to form a definite strategy. We can’t afford another attack on the school.”

“True,” they all agreed.

“Just be on the look-out,” Logan reminded them.

“Stick to the evacuation procedures we have in place. Let us hope it doesn’t come to that,” Charles said as he turned the holographic table off. “Dismissed.”

Logan could see the relief in their faces that they wouldn’t have to suit up, but also their fear, and their empathy for Rogue.


Charles stayed behind while Moira took over care of Marie. Logan let her go to the infirmary to get something that might help her sleep once the alcohol wore off. He walked out with Charles and into Cerebro down the hall.

“I don’t know how the hell he got her cat. Security is the best I’ve got in place.”



What Marie had forgotten was that after lunch a few days ago, she had opened the window in her room to allow the nice spring breeze to come in. She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Tigger had been carefully watching her. He waited for the opportune moment to escape. He caught sight of a bird and he was out the window. Marie never saw him leave. Victor had waited outside the 7 foot high and 12 inch wide concrete wall with a huge bag of cat nip. No cat could resist the lure. Tigger chased the bird to a tree near the edge of Ororo’s flower and vegetable garden. Behind the tree was the concrete wall where Victor stood in wait. He climbed up the concrete wall using his cat like fingernails like ice picks and threw a leg over. He straddled the wall and sprinkled some of the cat nip to the ground below. Tigger was curious and found the cat nip on the earth. Then Victor lowered a slipknot noose to the ground while the cat clawed at the grassy patch to get at the scent that drove his senses crazy. Once he got close enough, Victor yanked the chord of the noose and trapped Tigger around the neck. He pulled up the chord with the struggling cat on the other end. Tigger fought his capturer. He hissed and made noises. After Victor had him in hand, he broke its neck and stopped any future movement. Because Sabretooth never set foot on the ground inside the school grounds, he was under the radar. So, that was how they grievously discovered that none of the security footage showed the intruder on the school grounds. Logan learned something new that day and vowed that he would never allow another enemy to sneak onto school grounds again.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked this twist... Let us know!

Up next... Logan has a revelation!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!