Marie looked him over, her expression shielded and not very hopeful. “Okay, Logan,” she appeased him. “We’ll talk about it in the mornin’, when you’re more yourself.” She ran her hands tenderly over his face again. “But if I’m stayin’ here tonight, there’s somethin’ I wanna do for ya. Not—not as payment, not as gratitude or anything like that.” She bit her lip. “Um, just—just 'cause I like you, and I want to.”

“Okay,” Logan said dumbly, rather stuck on the ‘I like you’ part of that statement. “Okay. W-what do you wanna do?”

She looked up at him. “I’m so glad you’re drunk off your ass, sugar, ‘cause I’d never have the guts to say this otherwise. But . . . I’ve never danced for someone I really liked, someone I was attracted to. I think—I think I’d like to try that. To feel like I’m in control, and I’m doin’ it . . . not just for you, but because I want to. D’ya know what I mean? Would ya be okay with that?”

Logan tried not to think solely with the head between his legs. She didn’t smell afraid, but, “Only if you want, Marie,” he said unsteadily, imagining all manner of things. Was she going to strip over the course of this dance? Would that clingy little dress be coming off, and maybe more?

No, no, maybe she meant just what she said. Just a dance. He shouldn’t get his hopes up. That would only lead to embarrassing things.

Like growling. Panting. Possibly dry-humping her. His animal side had a way of embarrassing the hell out of him at times like this.

He needed to be calm and—fuck, she smelled good. His arms tightened around her when he caught that scent. She was getting aroused. He was making her aroused. He needed to keep doing whatever he was doing to make her smell like that. “Only if you want,” he repeated. “J-just whatever feels good to you, baby. I’m not tryin’ to push you, not at all.”

“I know, Logan. But thanks for sayin’ that.” She hugged him gratefully and pressed her body into his.

That made him want to give her something. Something he had never given up before: “I mean it. You’re in control tonight.”

Her arousal spiked. She walked him backwards and pushed him down in the chair.

Oh, yes, that was definitely the right thing to say.