“Hmmm, M’rie.” Logan stretched languidly against her back. “How long y’been up?” he mumbled, burying his face in her hair and breathing deeply.

He said my name, Marie thought with no small amount of surprise. This was already going better than she had allowed herself to imagine. She tamped down that thought immediately. This was already going to hurt; no use making it worse by getting her hopes up. “Um, not long. Good mornin’.”

“Sure is.” His hands roamed her torso as he lazily pressed his morning wood into her backside, practically purring.

Marie wondered if he was expecting a repeat of last night’s performance, or if he wanted to go even farther with her. That would make sense. But while she may have the memories of a very experienced woman, she was still physically a virgin. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to give up that last piece of innocence, not yet. So she began to grow nervous when one of his hands tightened around her waist while the other slipped between her legs.

It was almost as if he sensed it, somehow, because he immediately eased off and went back to caressing her stomach and breasts. He whispered in her ear, “Nothin’ to be scared of, darlin’. Nothin’ to be scared of with me.”

Marie pulled out of his arms as gently as she could and reached over to the nightstand for the ibuprofen and glass of water she had set out last night. She took a deep breath, steeling herself to turn around and face him.

She was struck by the sight of him, from his wild dark hair to his wilder hazel eyes, his stubble-roughened cheeks, his heavily muscled torso disappearing under the sheets. He wasn’t traditionally handsome, but there was something rugged and strong and utterly masculine about him.

Marie was taken aback by the intense jolt of arousal that shot through her. “H-here ya go,” she choked out, offering the pills and water to him a bit shakily. “Can’t imagine how bad your head must be poundin’. I thought for sure you’d be sick in the night.”

He tilted his head and looked at her oddly for a moment, then took the pills with a gruff nod and downed them. “Yeah, I’m so hung over. Shit, my head. Thanks.”

“Welcome,” she mumbled, trying not to stare at the way his adam’s apple bobbed as he finished the cup of water. She ran a hand through her hair, knowing it must look a mess. She was fairly sure she was blushing, too. She’d better just get this over with. “Well, thanks again for last night. I’ll just—“

He rolled on top of her and crashed his lips over hers, hard. Marie yelped in surprise, and Logan used the opportunity to delve into her mouth, grabbing her by the neck to hold her still while he groaned and licked and kissed the living daylights out of her. By the time he pulled away, they were both red-faced and panting.

“Oh,” Marie said, because she didn’t know what the hell else to say.

He cupped her cheek and kissed her once more, softly this time. “Sorry. Too rough? I just had to do that, baby. Been waitin’ to ever since I gave you control last night,” he said with a half-teasing smile. He rubbed his thumb, perhaps a little regretfully, over her bruised bottom lip.

Her entire face flamed with a blush. “I’m surprised ya remember anything from last night.”

At that, Logan fixed his gaze on her forcefully enough to make her squirm and look down. He pressed his forehead to hers. “Every moment. So glad I found you, Marie. If you’ll just stop tryin’ to run out on me,” he growled softly and bit her, “I promise I’ll take good care of you. Believe me yet?”