Story Notes:
Sorry guys my whole story got deleted so i post it all over again.

This is after X3, but has hints of marvel comic crossovers. Rogue has her Ms. Marvel abilities and a few others that I’ve added as well. Though I am a big fan of the Gambit and Rogue pairing especially as a catalyst for Logan to admit his feelings, I have decided to use a different character as Rogue’s love interest. Sorry this isn’t beta-read if anyone is interested in bouncing off ideas feel free I’m open to it. There is a little angst but I’ll try to make it happier as I progress. Sorry guys this is my first Rogan fic please be kind.

~Means thoughts~
//Means flashback//
**Means phone conversation**
Logan sat at the bar, shoulders tense and hunched over staring into his glass of bourbon. It had been three years since the incident at Alcatraz, he knew most of the mansions residents thought he left because of Jean’s death and that he couldn’t deal with it. Logan wasn’t one to have insight on why he did the things he did, but if he was truly honest with himself he left because of his surprisingly strong feelings for Marie. Taking a sip of the bourbon it burned the back of his throat as he was replaying the events of the Alcatraz mission in his head.

//Logan looked from left to right at his teammates, catching a glimpse of Bobby and Kitty and even though they are both Marie’s age he couldn’t help feeling good that she wasn’t here. Due to this fact he felt content during the entirety of the battle and the fact that he came up with that ingenious ploy to administer the cure to Magneto was mainly because he knew Marie was safe he could focus all his attention on the battle. I felt good to see that son-of-a-bitch sink to the ground as Beast stabbed him with the cure.//

Still sitting in the bar solemnly Logan made a grunt of satisfaction, which drew the attentions of the bartender. She was the epitome of what some people call a buxom blonde; she sashayed over to where he was sitting trying her best to be sexy.

“Hey handsome we’re almost at last call did you want one more drink?”

Leaning over the counter with her low cut top her breast were nearly spilling out in front of him, looking her in the eyes he gave her a smirk before replying, “No thanks Darling, I’m about to hit the road.”

“Well if you have sometime before you leave I get off in about 10 minutes or so.”

Logan couldn’t help giving a deep bellowed chuckle at her innuendo simply because the old Logan wouldn’t think twice about waiting 10 minutes and then plowing her from behind in the back alley, but this Logan had somewhere to be and had to see about a girl.

“As fun as that sounds Darling I’m on a time crunch, but maybe next time,” was the best reply he could come up with to deny her invitation. Pouting her lips she stood up, while walking away she muttered something about gay men shouldn’t be that sexy. Deciding it was time to be on his way he got off the bar stool he was sitting on, making his way to his car in the parking lot he looked at his watch which read 1:15 am. He did the math in his head and figured if he didn’t make any pit stops he could make it to the mansion in 10 hours straight. Starting the ignition on the car, he made his way out of the parking lot heading east on the Alberta interstate, as he made his way to the only home he knew thoughts of Marie plagued his mind.

He wondered how she would look, and how she would react to his return to the mansion after all these years, but the question that pestered him the most was if he was too late to have the life he wanted to share with Marie.