Remy and Scott watch as two possessed spectators as they stood in front of the Stark tower.

~"What're we doing here Remy?"~

~"I don't know homme, but sum ting' tell me this ain't good."~


 


Phoenix using Rogues ability of flight, followed the psychic signature of Scott and Remy.

 

Smiling to herself as the wind blew her hair back, she thought that this was her purpose. She thought about something Magneto said to her, that she was a goddess. And she couldn't be happier with the vessel she was inhabitating, a being who truly has unlimited potential.

 
Logan neared the professors office, and immediately his senses were assaulted with the scent of his rival,  and upon entering the room he held back the urge to snarl at Rodgers.

The professor didn't waste any time getting to the point.

"I won't waste much time going over what's already known. As everyone has been able to ascertain the Phoenix has awoken, but it seems we discovered Scott and Remy are labeling themselves Death and War.

"Wait you mean like the four horseman of the apocalypse?" Ororo questioned a tinge of fear in her voice.

"Yes exactly Ororo."

"So we have Death and War where the other two,  I mean forgive me but I don't recall one of the horsemen calling themselves Phoenix." Emma directed towards the professor,  her steely blue gaze seemingly looking through him.

"Quite right Emma,  my theory is that even though Rogue is very much involved, she's not one of the horsemen."

"Meaning?" Steve addressed toward the professor his tone harsher than he meant it to be.

Logan glared at the man sitting in the chair before him, the Wolverine itching to impale him with six adamantium claws.

~ He better stay away from our mate bub~

 

~Finally something we angry on~


 

The professor looked at Logan, as he heard the internal struggle going on within the man.  However he swept it under the rug knowing he had bigger things to worry about.


Phoenix landed next to Death and War. 

"Shall we begin gentlemen? "

War gave Phoenix a mischievous toothy smile, his red eyes blazing fire.

War walked over to the Stark building,  and upon touching it he pulsed red energy into the infrastructure, while Death walked toward the street where oncoming traffic was coming. Looking at all the cars coming Death using Gambits kinetic abilities sent tendrils of energy toward the tires of all the cars, and minutes later they started to explode.

"Tony I think we should end this now,  the longer we wait the worst things will be for everyone." Maria Hill said while looking at everyone in the conference room.

Tony was about to respond when he heard people screaming outside,  curious to see what the commotion was about he started to head toward the big glass windows he installed to look out at the city. He never made it because the tower started to shake on its foundation, everyone in the room quickly grabbed onto the most stable furniture they could find.

Maria Hills eyes widened as she saw an assortment of things fling past her head.

" Hey guys is it just me or does it seem we're getting closer to our neighbor building there."

True to her word the building was heading toward a collision with another building.

"Everyone get away from the glass," Tony said while pressing the bracelet on his wrist to bring his suit to him.

His faceplate was the last thing to come to him when the building crashed, spraying shards of glass everywhere. Tony could hear his comrades screaming, and from the view he had they didn't have long before the building collapsed.

"Jarvis?"

"Yes sir?"

"Can you execute a escape route, I don't think I'll have enough time to carry everyone out one at a time.

"I'll have to agree with you sir, your best shot will be having them get to the roof then we can do the monkey in the barrel procedure.

"Everyone get to the roof. NOW!!!" Tony screamed desperately to his teammates.

His teammates scrambled toward the stairs leading to the roof, those who weren't able were help by those who were.

Tony was the last one to reach the roof, and advised his teammates to grab the person next to them's hand. He was going to send a small electric current through their arm where they wouldn't be able to let go.  He also advised their landing would hurt a bit.

Lifting all of them into the air, he couldn't help noticing the amount of debris and glass he had to avoid, as if it seemed to be defying gravity itself. Lowering each person one at a time as gracefully as he could, he finally landed himself, and had a chance to observe his surroundings.

Looking around at the destroyed city block, Tony met the intensely frightening gaze of a man with red eyes,  and he was emitting an aura of red energy. All Tony could do was stand still, as he waited for his team for backup.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for keeping up with the story. Xoxo and Happy Holidays.