Author's Chapter Notes:
Other than a litle epilogue I have in mind, this is the last chapter. I'm glad you've enjoyed it and I hope that my contribution to the Rogan archive is at least something a bit different to read. Thank you for all the reviews and support. :) XXOO
Two weeks after their encounter with Victor Creed, Logan, Marie and Jack walked through the front door of Logan's cabin. Marie was still fragile but she'd been lucky that Victor's attack hadn't affected any major organs. She'd had multiple surgeries to repair her intestines and the blood loss had left her feeling weak, but she would make a full recovery. Logan's injury had been concerning but not critical. Because he'd been able to pull away at the last moment, he'd sustained muscle damage and blood loss, but nothing that had prevented him from camping out in Marie's room the minute he'd been discharged.

Jack had received a mild concussion and as soon as he'd been cleared by the vet, Hank had brought him to the hospital. He hadn't been allowed inside, but Jack remained outside the main doors where he'd kept vigil during Marie's stay. Logan, Hank, Bobby and the staff took turns bringing him food, water and keeping him company. By the end, he'd become the unofficial mascot of the medical facility.

Now in the place that had felt like more of a home to Marie than any place she'd ever been, Marie sighed.

"God, it's good to be home."

"I like the sound of that."

Jack barked.

Logan held on to Marie's arm as he escorted her to the couch. She sat down gently and turned to the side, placing her head on the armrest and reclining to alleviate the pressure on her abdomen. It felt like her insides had been placed in a blender and she grunted when a stab of pain radiated through her gut.

"Crap."

Logan crouched down and stroked her hair, reveling in the feel of the softness between his fingers. Clinging to the security that she was alive and here with him. Logan had been terrified when, after two days, Marie had yet to awaken. The staff had urged him to go, get rest and that she would come out of it when her body was ready, but he'd steadfastly refused. Marie had gone through too damn much not to have him there when she opened her eyes. Hank had brought him clothes and Logan showered in the room, eating meals that Hank or Bobby brought for him and flipping between the ten channels on the hospital television. Then, she'd moved and he'd kissed her as her eyelids fluttered and those beautiful eyes connected with his. Now, he looked into her face again, grateful for the chance to start their lives over without the threat of Victor Creed in the background.

"What can I get you, baby?"

"New intestines."

Logan chuckled.

"Seriously, you want meds?"

"No, I hate feeling looped out. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be fine."

"You're too damn stubborn."

"Pot. Kettle."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll make us some tea. At least you can start having food that isn't sanitized."

"Oh, speaking of food, do you think Jubilee would deliver? I know I'm supposed to take it easy but her garlic mashed potatoes would be heaven right now."

He smiled. "I'll give her a call. She's dyin' to see you anyway."

Logan stood up and began to remove her shoes, knowing that her bending over didn't comply with doctor's orders.

"You're spoiling me, Logan."

"I intend to do a lot of that, Marie. Haven't had anyone to spoil in a long time."

Marie held out her hand and Logan took it readily.

"Are we getting our happy ending, Logan?"

Before he could answer, Jack began to growl in the direction of the front door and, within a few seconds, Logan heard a knock. With Jack growling, Logan knew that the person on the other side of that door was not a friendly.

"Logan?"

Logan turned, holding out his hand in her direction as if to say, 'hang on'. He approached the entrance, one hand on his gun. Jack stood directly in front of Marie who scooted up gingerly to lean against the side of the couch.

He opened the door and a tall, dark haired man stood before Logan. The man smiled weakly and nodded. He looked familiar to Logan but with everything that had taken place in the last few weeks, his memory wasn't as sharp as it usually was.

"Good afternoon, Sheriff."

"You are?"

Logan's question was given an answer by Marie.

"Daddy?"

Daddy? What the fuck? The notorious mobster standing before him looked more the tired and wan elder statesman than a man who would put a bullet in Logan's head should he look sideways. He wanted to slam the door in the man's face, but Marie's voice stopped him before he could act.

"Logan, let him in."

"Marie…"

"Please, Logan. I have some things that need to be said."

Logan clenched his fist, took a deep breath and stepped backwards. D'Ancanto entered the cabin and approached Marie, his hands clasped behind his back.

"What do you want, Daddy?"

"I'm here to apologize Anna Marie."

Marie started to laugh then cringed when the pain ripped through her belly. She took a moment and then leveled her eyes at her father.

"Apologize? Oh, go right ahead, this should be fantastic."

"Anna Marie, I'm sorry for what Victor did. I was not aware of the level of his…preoccupation with you. Had I known I would have taken steps to curb his actions."

Marie was no longer the intimidated, frightened girl Owen D'Ancanto thought her to be. Her jaw set and she raised her eyebrow, quirking her mouth in a sarcastic smile.

"You really think I'm that naïve, Daddy? You mean to tell me you had no clue how much he'd been sniffing around me since you brought him on? I think that's stretching the truth even for you."

"I knew he looked forward to your marriage but…"

"Daddy, let's just cut the bullshit, okay? Why are you here?"

Owen D'Ancanto actually looked chagrined.

"I want you to come home."

This time, instead of laughing, Marie chose to stand up. Logan was at her side in an instant, attempting to keep her from hurting herself.

"Marie, darlin', don't…"

"Logan, either help me stand up or get the hell out of the way."

He helped her stand up.

Marie took two tentative steps toward her father and stood only a foot away, her hand pointed at his chest.

"You're going to leave here and never come back. You won't call me, email me or send me a damn Christmas card."

"Now please, Anna Marie, you're being unreasonable."

"Unreasonable? Really, now. Your second in command raped me and the child produced from that rape died."

Logan heard Owen's intake of breath and watched as he reeled from the shock of Marie's revelation.

"My mother was killed in a car accident I know you or your men orchestrated and then I was attacked and kidnapped. Then Victor shows up and tries to turn Logan and me into shish-ke-bobs. And I'm being unreasonable?"

"I…I didn't realize…" Owen stammered.

"Of course you didn't realize, Daddy. Just like you never paid attention to anything other than your own little mobster world. I'm happy here. I've found a life. That life doesn't include you."

Marie could see the twinge of hurt on her father's face. But, unlike so many times before when she'd clamored for the smallest hint of approval from this man, she felt no guilt, remorse or sadness at the idea of cutting her father out of her life completely. She was prepared to fully and completely move forward with a life that included only Logan, Jack and her new friends.

"Now, please leave. As you can see, I'm not feeling one hundred percent. Got a knife in the gut, you know."

Owen D'Ancanto stepped backwards and pushed his shoulders back.

"If that's what you wish, Anna Marie. But I want you to know that I do love you and want only the best for you."

"Well, if that's what you want, that's what I have."

She turned around and began walking slowly back to the bedroom.

"Goodbye, Daddy." Marie didn't so much as turn around when she bid her father the final farewell.

Marie disappeared around the corner and Logan found himself standing in front of a man he wanted to punch squarely in the face.

"Well, Mr. D'Ancanto, it's time for you to leave."

"You will take care of her."

"It wasn't me that raped her and tried to kill her because she didn't want to be with me."

Owen shook his head.

"No, I suppose not."

Marie's father turned on his heel and made his way toward the door. As he reached for the handle, Logan decided he would include his two cents.

"And, Mr. D'Ancanto, if you or any of your goons ever come here to see her, take her or mess with her life in any way, I will do things to them that would give even mobsters nightmares."

"Duly noted, Sheriff."

D'Ancanto left the cabin and Logan watched him reach the large black sedan – could it be any more of a cliché – and enter the backseat. The car started and reversed up to the road and disappeared into the trees. He turned and made his way to the bedroom where Jack stood vigil next to Marie as she lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Remind me never to piss you off, Marie."

"You'd better start putting the seat down, then."

He gingerly sat down on the bed and put his hand on her hip.

"Dammit. You play hardball."

She smiled and let the silence hang between them for a moment.

"When I was little, I thought he was the most amazing man on the planet. But, he's just a man. A screwed up, twisted man who thought nothing of using everyone around him for his own gain."

Marie put her hand on Logan's.

"I guess I'm finally okay with him not being in my life anymore."

"Well, you've got me." Logan looked down at the floor. "And Jack."

"That's all I need."

Logan leaned down and kissed her, inhaling her scent and reveling in the taste of her in his mouth. She was home.

"You're all I need, Marie."

She caressed his cheek. "You know how to flatter a girl, Logan."

"That's me. The Whitefall Lothario."

He chuckled when she punched him in the arm.

"Go make my tea, Casanova."

Logan stood up and bowed low. "Madam."

He was almost out of the bedroom door when she stopped him.

"Logan."

Logan turned. "Yeah, baby."

"I do love you. More than anything."

"I love you too, darlin'. Even more than my guns."

Marie giggled as Logan smiled and left the room.

Jack chuffed and moved forward, gently jumping up on the bed and taking his place snuggled next to her side. She wrapped her arm around his soft fur and closed her eyes.

"I love you, too Jack."

The dog's chest rumbled and Marie allowed herself to relax, the throbbing in her midsection calming down as she felt herself being pulled to sleep.

"My happy ending."
Chapter End Notes:
Some final thoughts from you would be groovy!