Author's Chapter Notes:
You didn't think I could end this without a final word from Jack, did you? ;)

Thank you for all the wonderful support and feedback through this story. It's been a joy to write. XXOO
Jack liked to wake up early. There was usually a lot to do. Doing his business, eating, checking the house and chasing rabbits (rabbits were his favorite); his days were busy. But now Marie lived in the house and that meant Jack needed to take extra care to guarantee that she was safe. He always looked around outside really well to make sure that the Big Man wasn't there. He hadn't seen the Big Man in a long time - Logan said it had been months, however long that was - but Jack needed to check for himself. That was his job.

Jack sniffed the air and looked out the windows, searching the early morning light with his exceptional vision.

Movement.

The dog stiffened. He watched. He waited.

Mouse. Just a mouse.

Jack relaxed. No Big Man. Not today. Maybe another day but not today.

He trotted back to the bedroom where Marie and Logan slept. Logan liked to grumble in his deep Alpha voice that Jack had to stay off the bed but Marie – soft, nice Marie – always let him up. Now that it was getting colder, it was good to sleep with his pack.

Jack approached the bed, surveying the best point of entry to get onto the bed, when he smelled something in the air. Musky. Sweet. He took a few more steps to where Marie lay on the edge of the bed, her knee draped off the side. Jack dipped his nose close to her face and sniffed lightly. His nose traveled down her neck and finally stopped at her stomach. He'd smelled her when she'd been healing. That scent had been bitter and made him sneeze. This wasn't like that at all.

It wasn't like how she smelled when she got sleepy and cranky either. No, this was nice. It was a comforting smell. Jack remembered how the wolf bitch had smelled when she'd been carrying Jack's puppies. It was almost the same. Marie must be carrying Logan's puppies. Jack rumbled low in his chest. He liked the idea. More pack mates.

Jack hopped up on the bed and turned around, finding a nice spot in between Logan and Marie. Jack slept. He dreamed of puppies. And rabbits.

Rabbits were his favorite.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are cherished!