Author's Chapter Notes:
First of all, this is a very short chapter. Second of all, I'm moving to combined POV. I really wanted to keep it either a Marie or Logan POV, but my traditional writing style wants to take over and with the intensity ramping up, I want to be able to craft the picture from all sides.

Thank you for your continued reviews. I know this is a different kind of Logan/Marie story and I appreciate your taking this journey with me. I really do love your feedback, it really, really helps keep me motivated. If you would take a minute to review, I would be very grateful.
Logan awoke to the sound of Marie's deep, rhythmic breathing and her arm around his bare waist. They'd made love throughout the afternoon and evening, stopping only to eat and take a shower. He sighed, feeling a sense of contentment that had eluded him until now. He knew this situation was like something out of a movie but he simply couldn't resist the woman next to him. He lifted her feather light arm and placed it gently next to her side. Marie stirred only briefly as he slid out of bed and kissed her on the cheek.

He put on a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt. He inhaled and realized that Marie had been wearing the same sweatshirt last night. Logan loved her smell. He stopped in the bathroom before going out to the kitchen where the clock on the microwave read 8:23am. Logan yawned as he began to make coffee. He grabbed one of Marie's chocolate chip cookies from a bag on the counter. He smiled at the memory of her excitement at finding the sweets in the store. The smell of coffee grew more intense and he could feel himself waking up as the brown liquid dripped into the pot. Logan turned around at the click-clack of Jack's paws on the wood floor. For him to leave Marie's side meant that he must really have to go out.

Logan walked to the door and opened it so Jack could head outside. The dog sniffed the air and then disappeared quickly on the other side of the door. Jack would normally be gone for hours exploring his territory, but Marie was his priority now and the lure of the wilderness wasn't as important as keeping her safe.

Logan knew the feeling.

He was going to have to talk to her about Victor sooner rather than later. It was a douche move to sleep with her before she'd had all the information about what was going on. But he was terrified of losing her and he'd desperately wanted to have that connection with her before everything possibly went to hell in a handbasket.

Jack signaled his return with a low bark and Logan opened the door while taking a sip of his coffee. As he shut the door, he heard Marie's soft voice.

"Mmmm…the coffee smells like heaven."

She was dressed in the pair of new dark green pajamas that Jean bought for her. It was definitely her color.

"Yeah? Well wait until you have my pancakes."

Marie took a few steps forward and stopped at the edge of the couch. Logan looked amazing. His hair was wild and his face was still puffy from sleep. She wanted to nuzzle against his neck and never leave.

Jack jumped up on the leather and looked at her expectantly. She reached out her arm and scratched the back of his head.

"Are they as good as Jubilee's?"

Logan feigned offense and put his hand on his chest. "Are they as good as Jubilee's? I'm hurt. No…more than hurt…I'm wounded. Songs have been composed about my pancakes. Sonnets written. Science revelations inspired."

"My deepest apologies, chef."

"Damn right." Logan turned and opened the cabinet, pulling out the box of Bisquick and holding it like a trophy.

Marie laughed and moved to sit on the couch, picking up Logan's jacket and tossing it on a side chair. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something fall to the ground. Jack settled in next to her and she leaned down and picked up a folded piece of paper. It must have been in the pocket of Logan's jacket.

"Logan, this fell out of your coat."

She held it out when a color caught her eye. Marie took her hands and opened the folds gently. She was vaguely aware of Logan's voice calling her name but Marie was focused on the face staring back at her; particularly a pair of striking amber eyes. Those eyes.

"C'mon baby."

Marie wanted to stand her ground but she found herself instinctually taking a step backwards. Unfortunately, her legs impacted with the couch and she landed on the soft leather, her arms splayed by her side.

"Victor, stop it."

The side of his mouth turned upward into a sadistic grin. He moved towards her and crouched down, putting his hands on her legs. She shivered at his touch.

"Anna, I don't think I can wait a month to touch you. Let's have a little pre-wedding carnal bliss right now."

She shifted away from him but his hands held her tightly. Too tightly.

"I'm not marrying you, Victor. So you can shove the idea that you're going to be touching any part of me ever."

In an instant, his face was directly in front of hers and his large hand was around her throat. She tried vainly to take a breath and struggled against his grip. Is this how she was going to die?

"I'm going to touch you alright, my frail little Anna. I'm going to fuck you so hard you're going to pass out. And then I'm going to do it again. And again. I'm going to treat you like the rich little whore you are."

He released her throat and she gasped, desperately drawing in needed breath.

Victor stood up and smiled again.

"But if you're a good little girl, I might let you enjoy it."

He turned around and walked away, his laugh echoing through the room as he departed.


Marie leaned forward and had to concentrate on holding down the bile that threatened to make its way back from her stomach. The memory was vivid but it had only revealed a small glimpse into her past. Her head was spinning, trying to use the vision as touchpoint for any other memories that could break through.

Logan was in front of her now, one hand on her shoulder, the other caressing her face.

"Marie? Marie, baby, are you okay?"

"His name is Victor. My name is Anna?" Her terrified eyes bored in to Logan's. "I'm supposed to marry him?"

"Marie…."

"You knew about this?"

"Darlin', stop."

Marie tried to move but Logan held her shoulders fast. She wanted to cry. Scream. Something.

"Marie, baby, please let me explain."

He was in a panic, worrying that his selfishness would push her away. He could feel her confusion and anger. Logan was no stranger to unsettling revelations and he knew she was trying to reconcile what she might have remembered with the fact that Logan had known and not told her.

"I was an asshole. I should have told you as soon as I found out but there were those guys yesterday…and you were so tired. Then…" He looked into her beautiful eyes. "I wanted you, Marie. I won't apologize for last night. I won't apologize for how I feel about you. But I shouldn't have put off tellin' you what I knew."

Marie sat back on the couch, rubbing her eyes, trying to calm herself. She was angry that Logan had kept information from her but she had to admit that he had attempted to talk to her last night and that her desire for him had pushed both of them too far. She tilted her head back and saw the concern and sadness in his face. Marie leaned forward and put her hand on his cheek.

"It's alright. Just tell me what you know."

Logan moved up and shifted Jack over on the couch so he could sit down next to Marie. He recounted everything Bobby and he had found out in the Sheriff's office. Marie didn't ask any questions or react to anything Logan said. When he finished, Marie stood up and walked over to the porch door. She remained faced away from Logan as she spoke.

"I may not be able to remember who I am but the visions of Victor Creed are enough to tell me why I left. I'm not going to let him take me."

Logan got up immediately and crossed to where Marie stood. He brought his chest flush with her back and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. He felt her head shift backward and rest against his collar.

"And I'm not going to let Creed get anywhere near you."

Jack barked.

"Neither will Jack."

Marie turned her body and enveloped his torso with her arms. The feel of his body helped dissipate the fear coursing through her. They stood with each other for a few minutes before the crackle of Logan's radio pierced the air.

"Sheriff? Come in, boss."

Logan's stomach fell. He'd allowed himself a window of happiness and tried to delude himself into thinking that maybe Marie and he could insulate themselves from the outside world. But Marie was Victor's prey and there were few things Victor thrived on more than the chase.

Logan walked to the radio and paused for a moment, mentally preparing himself for Bobby's response. He pressed his thumb onto the side of the device.

"Yeah, Bobby. What's up."

"He's here, Logan. Creed is here. And he wants Marie."
Chapter End Notes:
A review would make my day! :)