Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.

Again, some of you may consider Logan to be OOC in this story, depending on your standards. However I hope you give it a chance anyway. Some of you who have accounts over at Fanfiction may have already read this story. There have been some minor changes because of editing purposes. For those of you who haven't read it, please read and tell me what you think.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.

Hey everyone! New Reasons is on hold for right now, until I can find my muse and real life settles down some. I haven't given up on it, I promise. I will finish it. However Rogue's Return is already finished, and only needs some minor editing and put into new chapter formation for posting here on the WR website. I hope you all enjoy!
Rogue watched as Jean's body was lowered into the ground. All the team was gathered around the grave site, some in tears, some with solemn pained faces, some who hadn't known Jean looked on with compassion, feeling for their friends at the loss of their friend. Rogue was dressed all in black, even wearing a black hat with a dark veil to hide her face so no one would recognize her. She had been gone for ten years now. Presumably dead, after the terrible explosion that had destroyed an entire compound. The compound that had been one of Rogue's first few missions. What the team hadn't know was that it had been a set up by the government to grab her. In fact it was William Stryker that ordered her capture. The same man who had given Logan his metal skeleton and claws. Rogue mourned for Jean, but she mourned for Logan more. He had loved Jean, and now was having to say good-bye to yet another love one was hard for him. Rogue could feel the sadness radiating off of him. Knowing that she would always love Logan, even though he had chosen and loved Jean, Rogue had wanted to be here, even if she had no plans of revealing herself.


Logan stood off from the gathering, but not far. The service was being held on the mansion grounds. Logan had brought Jean's body back from Canada to be buried with her family and friends. He had cared deeply for Jean, and it hurt to know that she was gone, but as he watched her body being lowered in the open grave, his heart mourned for another special woman that he had loved. Logan glanced around the mansion, and remembered all the times he had spent here. Out of all the memories that he had of the place with himself, Jean, and the others, only one face stood out more in his mind that any other, Marie's. His mind was filled with all the times they had spent together either hanging out, him teaching her out to fight, or them fighting among themselves. Her face which still haunted his mind and his heart. Logan had realized years ago that he had been in love her. However she was long gone as well. The explosion had taken her away from him. He hadn't know he loved her at the beginning. It was only some years later when he couldn't put her from his mind, or his heart. He found himself yearning for her, yearning to be in her company, to hear her laughter, to be the only one she really trusted to touch her without fear.


Yes, he had loved Jean, but it had been more lust at first than love. When they had first left the mansion together, they couldn't keep their hands off each other. However the fiery passion cooled after a couple of years, and they settled into a relationship where they spend more time apart than they did together. Jean working with a research medical lab, while Logan had gone to work logging.


Five years away, and he had started realizing he missed Rogue more and more. She was occupying his thoughts most of the day, and most of his nights. He believed that Jean had started suspecting, even though she never evaded Logan's mind knowing how he hate anyone in his head. It wasn't long after that, that the call had come in about the explosion, and Rogue's death. Logan had gone ballistic, and inconsolable. They had returned to the mansion to help with the clean up, and for Logan to be there to say good-bye to Rogue, if to nothing but her grave. The fire had been so bad, that their had been no body to bury. Once Jean and Logan returned to Canada, Logan became more reclusive that before, but Jean remained with him, feeling he needed someone. It took a year for Logan to get back to his normal routine, if not his normal self. Jean spent most her time involved in her work, and Logan spent most of his time working, or at the bars drinking and fighting. A year before Jean had died from an accident at the medical lab, Logan had realized that he wasn't being fair to Jean. He had taken her from her family and friends in New York, and had married her, not Rogue. Realizing he needed to do better by her, he apologized for not being there for her. Jean had forgiven him, knowing that he was truly sorry for not being what she needed, if not sorry for loving Rogue more. She knew he loved Rogue, but she had cared for Logan, had even married him. Scott, the real love of her life was now married to Ro and had a child. There was nothing back in New York for her. At least in Canada she had a job she enjoyed, and Logan did care for her, and did love her in some way. He may not be in love with her, but he did love her. So she chose to hold on to what she had, learning it's sometimes better to appreciate what you have, instead of wanting something else.
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to review. Just please remember to do it with respect, even if you dislike the story. I hope all of you have a great day or night. Chapter two on it's way. ;)