Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.
Chapter 2

As the funeral drew to a close, and the mansion residents started to move inside, Scott approached Logan. Everyone who knew the history between the two men watched with nervous tension.
Logan watched One-eye approach him, and he wanted to growl out a get lost warning, but Logan knew that Scooter was hurting too. He had been in love with Jean deeply before she had left him to be with Logan. So Logan held his tongue ,waiting for the younger man to approach.

Scott stood rigid in front of the gruff man for a few tense moments, before holding out his hand toward him to shake.
Logan stood from the tree, removed the cigar from his mouth, and looked at Scooter's extended hand, then up to the man's face to see if the man was being for real. Logan couldn't smell anything, but sadness coming from the younger man. His expression was tense, mixed with pain. Logan took Scott's outstretched had in what could only be called a gentlemen's handshake.

"I'm sorry for your loss Logan." Scott spoke solemnly, but sincerely before turning back toward where Ro, and their little girl were waiting for him.
Logan stood rooted to the spot as he watched Scott walk away. He had never expect it from the younger man, knowing how Scott had hated Logan's guts.

"Will you be joining us inside Logan?" Charles asked wheeling his chair in front of the stunned man. "This is still your home." Charles reassured.
Shaking off his surprised, Logan looked to Charles. "I don't think so Chuck. I'll just say my good byes now, and be on my way. There's to many memories to haunt me here." Logan said honestly, thinking of both Rogue and Jean.
"They wouldn't want you to be alone in your time of pain, Logan. We are your family, no matter how much you try to keep your distance. Rogue especially wouldn't want you to be alone."

"Yeah well, she's not here is she?" Logan growled out more shorter than he meant. "Sorry Chuck, I'm just not good company right now." Logan sighed sticking his cigar back in his mouth, taking a long drag off of it to calm himself.

"She, as well as Jean will always be here with us Logan, in spirit, if not in body." Charles said compassionately as he looked over at the two head stones. The first one reading. "Rogue, a dear friend who touched our hearts." Jean's reading, "A wonderful woman, friend, and wife, who was loved by all."

Logan stared down at the two head stones, and knew that both sayings were true. Both were wonderful women who everyone loved. Rogue had touched his heart, a heart that had been frozen over. She had melted the ice, and taught him how to feel again.

"I know you loved her Logan, but she would not want you living in pain, and regret." Charles said softly.

"Stay out of my head Chuck. I know Jeannie wouldn't want me to, she didn't like seeing anyone in pain." Logan said blowing out a lung full of smoke.

"I was referring to Rogue, Logan." Charles said solemn, but also knowingly.

"How long have you've known?" Logan growled annoyed his thoughts weren't his own.

"I didn't have to read your mind, my friend. You have projected your feelings more than once through out the years. To answer your question, I knew for sure the day you came back after the explosion. However, I had suspected for sometime before, but was never positive. Seeing how I do not go into other's private thoughts." Charles said seriously.

"Yeah, well, it doesn't really matter now does it? She's gone." Logan stated flatly. Nothing matter anymore, life held no pleasure for him. Not that Logan believed he deserved any. He had been a fool. Rogue had given him her love, but he had chosen lust instead. He had let the one person who loved him, all of him, animal and all, slip through his grasp. Rogue had been the only person, to ever want him, just because of him. Not for lust, protection, power, or for any other reason, except love.

"I'm sorry, Logan.” Charles said solemnly. He could feel Logan despair over loosing Rogue, the one person who had been the world to him. “Just know that we are here for you if you should need us for anything. This will always be your home, and you will always be welcome."

"Thanks Chuck." Logan said genuine, reaching out and shaking Chuck's hand.

"Your welcome, my friend." Charles said then left Logan to himself, so he could say his final good-byes to the two women he had loved.
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to review. ;)