Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.
Chapter 3

Logan was saying his final farewells to Jeannie and Marie, when he notice the lone figure standing near the woods dress in black from head to toe. The black veil over her face preventing him from seeing who she was. Curious he took a sniff to try, and recognize a scent, but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, sending her scent away from him. When he took a step in her direction, she slipped into the woods disappearing from sight. Logan growled annoyed, he didn't need this. He started to just forget about the woman, and get going, until the breeze shifted, and an all to familiar scent invaded his nose.

"It can't be! Marie?" Logan whispered stunned. Inhaling deeply to double check to make sure he wasn't losing his mind for good this time. Knowing that scent like if it was his own, Logan jerked around taking off toward the direction the woman had disappeared in. Not understanding if it was Marie, why she was hiding, and running away from him.

His pace quickening as her scent grew weaker. He caught sight of her up ahead, heading toward the main road about a mile away. Remembering how Marie, and her friends had used this same weak spot in the mansion's security to sneak in, and out of the mansion a few times before Scott had found out and grounded them, thinking it had stopped the group of teenagers. Logan had known different. He didn't care that they snuck out as long as they came back. He had followed them a few times to make sure they weren't doing anything overly stupid that would get them seriously hurt or in trouble. Satisfied that they were safe, Logan let the kids have their fun, not bothering to tell Scooter his upped security wasn't worth much for a kid who could phase herself, and other inside and out of walls and laser beams.

Logan turn veering off to the right, instead of coming up right behind her. Quickening his pace farther, but quietly so not to alert her he was on to her. Once he had overtaken the lead, he cut in front of her, grabbing her making sure to cage in her arms so she couldn't touch him to put him down.
Reaching up, to grab the veil covered hat, jerking it off.

"Ouch, that hurt." Rogue complained in pain, and upset she had let her guard down around Logan. She should have known better.

"Marie?" Logan growled out stunned letting her go, turning her around to face him. He was still to much in shock to really believe who he was really seeing, his Marie.

"Uh, yeah. Hey." Rogue said giving him a guilty grimace and shrug. She knew there was no use trying to get away. He would hunt her down until he got answers. She figured she might as well deal with this now, rather than later. However instead of him firing questions, or more like demands as she expected, he jerked her to his chest wrapping her into a tight bear hug, pulling her flush against him, burying his face into her hair, inhaling her scent while nearly squeezing the breath out of her.

"I'm happy to see you too, Logan, but I can't breathe." Rogue huffed out.

"Sorry," Logan crocked out, tears running down his face. His voice nearly gone, to over come with shock and joy to really speak. He eased up, but didn't let her go as he held her to him, his face pressed into her hair so he could smell, and feel that she was really with him.

"It's really me Logan. I'm really here." Rogue whispered knowing he was over come from losing Jean, and now finding her coming back from the dead so to speak.

"How? How is this possible, you're suppose to be dead?" Logan demanded pushing her back from him a little so he could see her face, but not letting her out of his arms. His shocked, and confused frowned deepening when he realized she didn't look a day older than she had when he last saw her. In ten years she should at least be showing signs of losing that youthful glow. She had to be in her early thirties. All her classmates, and friends had aged. Slight wrinkles, and laugh lines. A few gray hair, their skin and hair had lost some of it youthful glow. However Marie looked like time had stood still for her.

"It's a long story." Rogue whispered not really wanting to tell him, but knew the was no getting out of it.

"Well I haven’t got nothing but time Darlin, get talking." Logan demanded wanting answers to how this was possible. How his Marie could be standing in front of him after all this time.

"Can we at least go somewhere, and get comfortable?" Rogue asked wanting to get out of her heels.

Logan frowned for a moment, but thought quickly. "How did you get here?"

"My truck is up ahead, stashed in the woods near the road."

"Then lets go." Logan said pulling her toward the road.

"Where are we going? Shouldn't you be back at the mansion with the others."

"No," Was all Logan said as he continued to pull Rogue by her covered wrist toward her truck.

"Logan where are we going?" Rogue demanded again.

"Where are you staying?" He stopped, turning to stare at her. "Why have you been hiding? Why haven't you let anyone know you're alive? Why didn't you tell me, huh? I went out of my mind, Kid, when we found out about the explosion, and thought you were dead. How could you let me think you were dead, when this whole time you've been alive! HUH?" Logan growled out his anger starting to get a hold of him.

"I didn't tell you, Logan, because I couldn't." Rogue explained quietly with a deep sigh and sadness.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Logan demanded harshly.

Rogue noticed the signs of the Wolverine. Logan's eyes were hard, but starting to take on a fieriness to them. They were turning black as his pupils dilated. The golden color was more dominate than Logan's normal hazel color. He was starting to pant, and growl more. His hands clenching, as his knuckles turned white.

"Logan, you're hurting me." Rogue stated calmly, but firmly. Logan looked to where he was clenching Marie's wrist, seeing his hand white from the pressure.

Logan loosened his grip, but didn't let her go. "I want an answer, Marie." He demanded with a growl, struggling to pull himself under better control.

"Like I said, it's a long story, and I rather not tell it here."

"Where are you staying?" Logan asked again, forcing himself to not demanded answers right this minute. Something was telling him, he too rather not be here at the mansion when he found out what was going on with Marie.

"In a motel outside Salem's city limits." Rogue answered resolved to the fact there was no getting out of telling Logan the whole story.

"Let's go." Logan gruffly ordered, once again grabbing her, but this time capturing her gloved hand instead of her wrist.
Chapter End Notes:
You know what to do. Hit that review button, and tell me what you think.