Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.
Chapter 5

"Logan are you alright? When we found your truck still in the garage, but could not find you anywhere we became worried."

"I'm fine Chuck. I went for a walk, and met up with someone, an old friend. I'll be by tomorrow to get my truck and gear."

"Are you sure you are alright my friend?" Charles asked compassionately.

"Yeah, I'm fine Chuck. I'll see you tomorrow." Logan grunted out, but thankful for the man’s concern.

"Very well Logan. Please do not forget that we are here for you."

"I won't, and thanks Chuck." Logan said then hung up, just as Rogue came out of the bathroom dressed in a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.

"I didn't expect to have anyone in my room. Just make sure to be careful to not touch me." Rogue warned seriously uncomfortable.

"Don't worry Marie, I'm not scared of your skin." Logan reassured.

"Maybe not, but I'm scared of it for you." Rogue frowned.

"Come on, get in bed." Logan said pulling the bedspread, and sheet back for her.

"Where are you going to sleep?" Rogue asked with a frown, scanning the room‘s other furnishings. The only other furniture in the room was a small table and two upholstered club chairs.

"In bed with you." Logan replied simply, as if it was obvious.

"Oh no Logan, you can't. You could get hurt." Rogue rushed out, her fear sky rocketing.

"Relax Marie, I'm not going to get hurt. I know what I'm doing. Now get in bed." Logan ordered impatient. "Don't argue kid, just do as I say."

"You're not my father, Logan." Rogue glared at him.

"No, that I'm definitely not, Darlin." Logan growled low, knowing the thoughts he had about her were far from fatherly. "Will you please just get in bed." Logan growled louder, letting his irritation show a little.

"I'm just worried about your safety, Logan." Rogue growled back.

Logan quirked an eyebrow at her growl, then smirked amused. "I promise you Marie, I'll be very careful. I'm going to put the sheet between us. You'll be completely cover. Now get in bed." Logan explained.

Rogue was still frowning with worry, but did as Logan asked.

"Thank you." He said when she was under the covers. "I'm going to go take a shower. You go ahead and get some sleep. I'm not going anywhere."

"Alright, good night Logan." Rogue gave him a small smile.

"Good night Darlin. And Marie?" Logan spoken softly, as he stopped by the bathroom door.

"Yeah?" Rogue asked looking curiously over at him.

"I'm glad you're here with me. I love you." Logan said his eyes holding an intensity rarely seen, then turned, and went in the bathroom not giving Rogue a chance to comment.

Not that she could. She was to shocked at his words to speak. She had swallowed her tongue. Rogue laid back, and looked up at the ceiling with a deep sigh and frown. How was she going to handle this? It was to soon for Logan, and herself. She couldn't touch, and she didn't deserve Logan's love.

She knew things that Logan deserved to know, but he wouldn't like how she had discovered them. She wondered if he would still loved her if he knew that she had the monster that gave him his metal skeleton, and claws in her head.

Rogue sighed feeling to overly tired to think anymore. She'd have to deal with it tomorrow. She was asleep by the time Logan crawled in bed beside her, spooning behind her, wrapping his arm around her sheet covered waist, quickly falling asleep.

Rogue twisted trying to get away from the doctors grabbing at her, pulling her back to the tank. She knew what was coming. If she let them put her in that tank, she might not come out alive. Her healing factor had allowed her to survive every other test, and experiment these sick twisted men could think of; this Rogue didn't know if she could live through. Logan had barely made it, she didn't think she could.

"GET HER IN THERE NOW!" The man in charge yelled his order.

"Come on Marie, calm down." A voice called to her.

"NO!" Rogue screamed confused to how they knew her real name. Only Logan knew that name. He wouldn't have told them.

"It's okay Marie, it's going to be okay." The voice coaxed.

"NO!" Rogue fought against the doctors harder as they dragged her to the edge of the tank. "NOOO!" Rogue screamed as she was clamped down, and lowered into the water. Hot burning metal entered her body. "AHHH!" Rogue screamed breaking loss from her restraints, her new claws snapping out, and into the guard trying to stop her.

Rogue felt her claws sink into flesh and muscle. Smelling blood, and feeling movement on the end of her claws, she jerked awake. Logan was sitting up in front of her. His eyes wide with surprise and pain. Rogue looked down seeing her claws embedded deep in his chest, most like puncturing his lungs, when he struggled to draw a breath.

Rogue jerked her claws back in, and scrabbled out of bed. She ran for the door, tripping over her heels in her rush. Quickly regaining her balance, she jerked the door open, and took off running.

"Marie! MARIE!" Logan tried to grab her before she bolted, but missed. Having already healed, he jumped from bed, and ran after her. She was running like hell itself was chasing her. "MARIE, STOP!" Logan yelled after her.

Instead of stopping Marie ran towards the woods across from the small motel. Logan chased her as she dodge trees, and jumping over logs.

"MARIE, STOP!" Logan yelled again as he felt branches whipping, and slapping him in the face. The cuts healing instantly as he ignored the sting, continuing to run after her. She ran in the middle of a stream, but with her bare feet and the slippery rocks, caused her to keep falling into the water. She struggled to keep her feet, to get away. However it gave Logan enough time to catch up with her. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her up from the water, kicking and screaming.

"MARIE STOP! IT'S OKAY. YOU'RE OKAY." Logan yelled trying to reach through to her, while being careful that she didn't hit him with her skin. That was the last thing she needed right now. "It's okay Marie, you're okay.” Logan kept struggling with her while trying to calm her. “Cut it out Marie, I'm okay. You're okay. Just calm down baby. Breathe, come on breathe." He tried to coax her. She went limp in his arms and started sobbing.

Logan let out a deep breath relieved that she had stopped fighting him. He shifted her higher, and carefully so her bare skin didn't get him as he made his way back to their motel room. Logan ignored the people coming out of their rooms to see what all the commotion was about. He carried Marie into their room, closing, and locking the door.

He sat her down on the bed, then wrapped the blanket around her. Climbing in behind her, he wrapped her in his arms, and held her now covered body to him tightly as she sobbed uncontrollable. He pressed her head to his chest and tried to think of something to sooth her.

"Everything's going to be alright, Darlin. You're safe, now. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you anymore. I promise baby, your safe now, I love you." Logan whispered in her hair, next to her ear, huskily. Pain in his own voice at her turmoil.

"I- h-hu-hurt you." She wailed then tried to struggle out of his arms.

"STOP! Just stop it Marie." Logan ordered. tightening his grip on her. "You didn't hurt me. I'm alright, I'm just fine baby. It's going to be okay, it's alright now."

"YEAH, IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT IN THERE?" Some man called from out side the door.

"YEAH, WE'RE FINE, NOT GET LOST." Logan holler annoyed. He was glad when he heard the person move away from the door. He had enough on his hands right now calming Marie down.

"It's okay Marie, you didn't hurt me. I'm just fine. Nothing to worry about." Logan reassured her kissing her head.

"I'm so o so sorry" Rogue hiccupped out through her crying.

"I know Baby. It's alright, I love you Marie, everything's okay Darlin. Nothing for you to be sorry for. I'm fine. We're both going to be alright." Logan said not sure what else to say to comfort her. He knew he was repeating himself, but he felt totally lost and inadequate at the moment.

Words weren't seeming to help any, so he decided to just let her cry it out as he held her, and kept rubbing her covered body, and kissing her head. Every so often shushing her gently.

It wasn't to much later that Rogue had cried herself to sleep. Logan leaned back against the headboard, and continued to hold her to him as he stayed awake thinking over what had happened. What it all meant.

Logan continued to hold Marie, having no plans on letting her go until she woke up, so she'd know that he wasn't upset, or anger with her. That he wasn't leaving her.

It wasn't until around nine that she started to stir. Logan kissed her head, and felt her go stiff in his arms. He smelt her sudden spike of fear and anxiety.

"It's okay Marie, you're safe, Darlin. We're both okay. I love you baby. I'm not going to hurt you."

"You shouldn't love me Logan. I'll only hurt you. I'll only destroy your life." Rogue whispered upset.

"Not going to happen Marie. And I already love you. I've got you back, and I'm not going to waste another minute not telling you."

"Logan maybe you shouldn't being saying you love me. I mean I know you're upset over Jean. You just lost her, and you had thought I was dead. It's a shock I know, but don't confuse what your feeling." Rogue said softly but seriously.

"I'm not confuse, Marie. I've loved you for a long time now. And yes it's a shock to find you alive, but it's a good shock. I was stupid, and wasted the chance I had last time. I'm not about to do the same thing this time. You're right, I am upset about Jean, but I knew I wasn't in love with her, Marie. I'm sad over Jeans death, but by not telling you how I feel isn't going to bring her back to life. We're both not ready for anything close to a relationship Marie, I know that. But I'm not wasting this chance at letting you know that I love you." Logan said kissing her head again, squeezing her to him.

"How can you love me after last night?" Rogue asked into his chest, her voice full of despair.

"Because you're the best thing that's every happened to me, Darlin. And I stabbed you first. Remember? You still loved me, why?"

"Because it wasn't your fault. It was an accident." Rogue answered automatically. She never held anything against Logan at his accidentally stabbing her because of his nightmare.

"There you go. I know you didn't mean to stab me, Marie. I know it was because of the nightmare. If anyone understands what you're going through Darlin, it's me. We're going to work through this together. I'm not letting you go again Marie." Logan promises.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." She whispered sad, but calming down.

"Don't worry Marie, I'm fine now. I healed as soon as the claws were out. I'm not every going to hurt you on purpose Marie. Don't ever worry about that. I'll never try to hurt you, if you accidentally hurt me." Logan tried to assure her.

"Okay." Rogue said sounding a little better and relieved.

Logan had thought she might be afraid he might lash out at her if she was to accidentally hurt him again. She knew the Wolverine was dangerous, but the Wolverine could never hurt her willingly, no matter how much she hurt him, accidentally or intentionally.

"I need to get up. I need to go to the bathroom." She said a little shyly.

"Sure Darlin." Logan said with a smile as he let her up.

"I'm going to take a shower." She told him grabbing some clothes out of her suitcase.

"Take your time. How about I run, and get us some breakfast?"

"Sure, hmm, my keys are in my purse." Rogue said still feeling hesitate about things.

"Kay. Relax Marie, everything is okay. Go take your shower. I'll be back before you know it." Logan said giving her a small smirk to show her that she didn’t having thing to worry about.

"Okay. Logan." Rogue called his name to get his attention.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad I'm here with you too, but please don't tell anyone else. I don't want them to know." Rogue said seriously with a nervous frown.

"Alright Darlin, I won't say anything. Just don't run, or hide from me anymore, got it." He demand with a intent look.

Rogue nodded her head, then slipped into the bathroom closing the door.

Logan watched her slip into the bathroom, and close the door before digging the key out of her purse, then went to get breakfast.
Chapter End Notes:
That's it for tonight folks. I hope you all enjoy! More coming soon. :)