Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.
Logan entered the motel room to find Marie dressed and packed. Her suit case sitting on the bed along with a small duffle bag, and purse.


“In a hurry to get out of here?” He asked quirking his eyebrow at her curious.


“It’s to close to the others. I had only planned on staying long enough for the funeral. So what did you get?” Rogue asked motioning to the large white bag in his hand.


“Two breakfast sandwiches all the way from Mickey’s Diner. One with just bacon, the other sausage and bacon. And two hash browns with cheese just like you like them.” He smirked at her. “And two large coffees. There’s cream and sugar in the bag.”


“Thanks.” Rogue smiled touched that he had remembered how she had liked her hash browns, and that he went to her favorite restaurant to get her usual breakfast, the same restaurant he use to take her to when they went out for breakfast.


“Anything for my girl.” Logan gave her a smile before starting to empty the bag of it’s contents, and laying it out on the small table by the window.


After finishing their breakfast, Logan loaded Marie’s bags in the back of her truck. “I guess this is it.” Rogue said a hesitant, unsure of what Logan was planning on doing now. They hadn’t talked about what was going to happen when they left the motel. She hated the thought of them going their separate ways, and never seeing him again. She knew now that they had reconnected, it would be hard to walk away from him again. However, she knew she had to steel herself for the possibility.


“What do you mean? You’re not about to get rid of me, Darlin.” Logan informed her matter of fact, with a look that said there were no ifs, ands, or buts about it.


“What are you planning, Logan?” Rogue was relieved that he at least wanted them to stay in touch, if nothing else. As long as she had Logan in her life someway, she would be happy.


“I’m planning on picking up my truck from Chuck’s, then following you back to Alaska. I told you Marie, I’m not wasting anymore time. Unless you don’t want me in your life, you better say so now, because I have no plans on letting you out of my sight again.”


“I just don’t know what to expect or do, Logan.” Rogue explained nervously. She still loved Logan, but she was scared of hurting him. Scared of ruining his life. She didn’t know if she would ever get control of her skin again, and she didn’t want Logan to be stuck with someone he couldn’t touch. Plus she didn’t feel she deserved Logan’s love, not after everything she had done.


“The only thing we can do Marie is take this one day at a time. That’s all we’re going to do. We’re going to get going and get settled. Then I’m going to help you start regaining control of your skin.”


“What if I never get it back? I don’t want you stuck with someone you can’t touch, Logan.” Rogue frowned upset. The last thing she wanted was to condemn Logan to live a life with no touch.


“I’m not stuck with anyone, Marie. I choose to stay, and no matter what, I will be able to touch you. Whether it’s through these,” Logan said holding up his glove covered hands. He had brought a pair of gloves at the Harley Davison store while he had gone to get breakfast. “Or without them. Either way Darlin, I can touch you.” Logan said reaching out, and caressed her cheek gently, a fierceness determination in his hazel eyes.


Rogue gave him a watery smile, reaching up squeezing his hand. “Come on, lets get out of here.” Rogue scent flooded with joy and relief.


Rogue dropped Logan off at the same place she had parked her truck yesterday.


“I shouldn’t be long, I might have to speak with, Chuck, but I’ll make it short. I’ll meet you at the gas station near the motel as soon as I’m done. I won’t be long. Promise me you won’t run off Marie.” Logan growled giving her a intense, but nervous look. He was scared now that he had her back, that if he let her out of his sight, she’d disappear again. He couldn’t let that happen. He couldn’t lose her again.


“I promise, I’ll be there.” Rogue promised knowing she wouldn’t leave Logan now unless he started regretting being with her. She hoped that day never came, but she wasn’t about to fool herself in thinking it couldn’t happen.


“It’s going to be okay, Marie.” Logan tried to encourage her, smelling her worried scent. He thought that she was worried about him seeing, and talking to the Professor. That Chuck might find out that she was alive and with him.


“Okay. Get going, I’ll be there when you get there.” Rogue said sounding more sure.


“Good.” Relief flooded Logan’s expression and body at Rogue’s assurance. “Be careful.” Logan said patting her open window before disappearing into the woods.


Rogue watched Logan’s retreating back for a few moments, then pulled back onto the road to head to their rendezvous spot at the local gas station near the motel they stayed at last night.


“Logan, please come to my office.” Charles’s request entered Logan’s mind as soon as he stepped onto the mansion’s lawn.


“Figures.” Logan grunted knowing he couldn’t just get the heck out of Dodge.


“Of course not, Logan.” Charles amused voice let Logan know he must have projected his thought.


“I’m going to say it again, Chuck, stay out of my head.” Logan growled knowing it did no good.


“Learn how not to project so readily into mine, Logan, and I’ll gladly stay out of yours.” Charles said smoothly unaffected by Logan attitude.


“Yeah, yeah.” Logan grumbled heading inside, glad the kids had classes so that meant most of the brats would be out of his way, and the team would be to busy teaching to delay him.


“Have a seat Logan, would you care for a drink?” Charles offered knowing Logan was in a hurry to get on his way. Charles was hoping to stall him, in hopes in figuring out what had happened. Yesterday Logan was understandable distance, and upset at Jean’s funeral. This morning as soon as Charles had picked up Logan’s presences, Logan’s mind was surprisingly at peace, or at as peace as Charles had ever known Logan to be. There was also a great eagerness to get on the road. He knew Logan wished to get away from all the memories of Jean and Rogue, but Charles didn’t believe this morning’s eagerness to get going was in result to those memories. Charles was positive something had transpired yesterday, but couldn’t be sure to what it was without reading Logan’s mind. Hoping that Logan would project like he usually did, Charles attempted to stall his departure.


“No thanks, what`cha need, Chuck. I want to get on the road. I’ve got a long way back up north.” Logan said trying to not think about Marie, or the fact that she was waiting for him.


“I wanted to know how you were doing. Yesterday you were understandably upset, however this morning once I sensed your mind, all I picked up from you was a sense of great peace, or as much as I have ever felt from you before. I am very pleased that you have managed to find peace about the situation, Logan, but I must admit that I am very curious to how you achieve it so quickly. Let us be honest, you are known for your solitude, and brooding. If I may ask what happened? Does it have something to do with this old friend you mentioned last night?”


“I’m also known for my privacy.” Logan stated bluntly, letting Charles know he wasn’t going to be getting any straight answers from him.


“Of course, Logan. I am curious, but I am also worried about you my friend. Losing a love one, is a very traumatic experience. Shift in emotions are very common, but if not dealt with properly can linger making matters worse.” Charles counseled with obvious concern.


“I’m fine, Chuck. Jeannie isn’t the first loved one I’ve ever lost before, you know. I know how to deal with my emotions.” Logan stated matter a fact. “I just know that lingering over it isn’t going to bring her back, or make it any easier. I still have to live.’ Logan answered leaning forward in his chair, a thoughtful look on his face. “I’m going to be honest with you here, Chuck.” Logan decided he could at least open up a little so the man knew there was no need to worry about him.


Charles was eager to hear what Logan was about to say. Logan very seldom opened up to him or anyone else. Rogue had been the only one Logan every seemed to talk to freely. Of course, Charles expected Logan had opened up to Jean after they had left, and married. Before that though, Rogue had been Logan’s only confidant.


“Here’s the thing, Chuck. I loved Jeannie, but we had realized some time back that we weren’t in love with each other. We stayed together because we cared for each other, but the ones we really loved were either already remarried and happy, or dead. Jeannie, and I had grown apart some time back. I’ll always love her as a good friend, but she wasn’t the love of my life, and I wasn’t hers. If I could go back and change things, I would have never taken her away from Scooter. She loved him, like I loved Rogue. We were both stupid, and blinded by lust. Living in the past isn’t going to change things. So I’m not going to live in the past, or going around mourning acting like Jeannie was the love of my life. I know you probably don’t want to hear that, seeing how she was one of your favorites, but there you have it. I did love Jean, and I do mourn her, but my world hasn’t ended.” Logan said knowing it couldn’t be easy for Chuck to hear. The man had loved Jean like a daughter, and had been sorry to see her go, but had only wanted her happy like any father wanted their child.


“I am very sorry to hear Jean, and yourself were not happy together, Logan. I have only wanted happiness for the both of you, as I do all my students and family. However, I am not surprised that the two of you weren’t right for each other. Like I told you yesterday, Logan, I knew of your true feelings for Rogue. I’m sure Jean knew them as well. You are a very active projector, and Jean could not have helped picking up your feelings for Rogue, as I could not. I am sorry that Jean was to blinded by her lust for you to realize the loving relationship she had with Scott. However Logan, I do not blame you. Jean was her own person. She could have denied her lust for you to remain with Scott. Just like you could have put your lust aside to love Rogue. Both of you were adults, and made your own choices. I am only sorry that things did not work out for all of you. I consider all of you my family as well as my friends, Logan. My only wished for all of you is to find happiness, love, and peace. That is still my wish for you.” Charles said sincerely.


“I appreciate that, Chuck. Who know maybe one day you’ll get your wish.” Logan said coming to his feet, truly hopeful that he would get his second chance at getting his happily ever after ending, or more like beginning. Rogue was the love of his live, and he had her back. He wasn’t going to waste this chance for anything.


“I hope so as well my friend. I know you are eager to be on your way. Please do not forget that we care about you, and are here for you if you should need us. Be safe, and have a good journey.” Charles said sincerely, coming from around his desk, and holding out his hand to Logan.


Logan took the Professor’s hand, shaking it. “Thanks, good-bye Chuck.”
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to review.