Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.

Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest and Roganfan for their kind reviews. I hope you both enjoy the new chapter.
Chapter 7

Two weeks had past since Logan had pulled up behind Rogue at her small secluded cabin in the Alaskan wilderness. The fact that it was surrounded by woods, and was miles from the nearest house pleased Logan greatly. His own cabin in the Canadian Rockies was secluded also. He liked living away from others. It was easier on his enhanced senses. He also liked his space, and he was glad to know that the only people around were him and Rogue. Jeannie hadn't liked being so far from civilization. Rogue welcomed it with open arms.


Logan had got a job with a local logging company, but only part time. He wanted to get started on working with Marie on regaining control of her skin. He promised her that once they got settled he would help her, and he wanted to go ahead and get started.

He hadn't pressed it when they first arrived, because he wanted Marie to get used to him being there. There was only one bedroom, and the sofa wasn't big enough for him to sleep on. Marie had offered to take the sofa, but Logan had refused. He had no plans of either of them needing the sofa as a bed. Marie and he had fought about the fact that he wanted them to share the bed. Marie worried Logan would get hurt, and she didn't feel right about it so soon after Jean's death. Logan had assured her that all they were going to be doing was sleeping, and that he wasn't now or had ever been scared of her skin. If an accident happened then they'd deal with it, but she needed to get use to him being in close quarters because he wasn't going anywhere, and the cabin was small.


The first week Marie had hardly slept. She was to scared that she would hurt Logan in their sleep even when she went to bed completely covered up. The second week Logan came to bed dressed in a body stocking that was thin and see through, but covered him everywhere except his hands, feet, and head. He put boxer shorts, gloves, and socks on, then climbed in to bed with Marie, the sheet between them like always. He pulled her to him, and told her to quit worrying. Marie had tears in her eyes as she smiled at him, and thanked him, sincerely moved at this thoughtfulness, then finally fell to sleep peacefully in Logan's arms.


Logan figured it was a small price to pay for Marie to be able to get some decent sleep. He had laid there that night thinking how he had no plans on wearing the body stocking forever. He decided that this weekend he would talk to Marie about starting her training on regaining control of her skin.


Friday evening Marie came in from work, and head straight for the shower like always. She knew that Logan couldn't stand the smell of the fishery all over her. The first day when she came home from work, he had held his nose while throwing open every window, and door in the place, then demanded that she strip, and get in the shower. He had grabbed her clothes once she tossed them out the bathroom door, throwing them in the washer. From then on, everyday when she got home, he had the washing machine ready for her clothes, and she headed for the shower. The windows now staying open most of the time.


"Hey Darlin’’, you smell better." Logan smiled as she sat down at the table where he put her plate of food.


"Ole come on, you know you like that fishy smell better than my apple scented shampoo." Rogue teased.


"Darlin’ ’’, I don't know how you can stand to work at that place. I've only ever gotten green at two things in my life. Scooter's flying, and the smell of you after work." Logan grimaced as he sat down beside her with his own plate of food. It was his day to cook. He had fixed her favorite dish, spicy spaghetti.


"Yeah well it's work that pays the bills, and I don't have to worry about anyone touching me." Rogue replied as she took a bit of her food. "Hmm, this is good. I do believe this is your best spaghetti so far." Rogue praised eagerly taking another bite.


"Glad you like it Darlin’’’." Logan smiled pleased.


Jean had never really cared much for his cooking. She preferred to either bring something home after work from one of the small restaurants in town, or buy a pre-made casserole from the store that all you had to do was throw it in the oven. Logan had enjoyed cooking, but didn't complain about it. It only made things easier in the end. However, Logan was glad to have a chance to cook again, and for someone beside himself. Even more so that Marie seemed to enjoy everything he had cooked so far.


"It's a lot better than my spaghetti any day." Rogue beamed as she took a drink from her beer. "So how was your day? Did you guys get that north end finished like you hoped?" Rogue asked interested about his day, as they ate.


"Yeah, we finished it around lunch time. We start on the east side Monday. Mack was glad to we got it wrapped up today. He’s got a new job lined up next week. He wants us to get the East side finished by Thursday - Friday the latest.” Taking a drink from is beer, he looked over at Marie across from him. “What about you? Did you have a good day?" Logan asked for the first time in a long time really interested in someone's else's day.


Logan would ask Jean about her day, and she would get carried away telling him about this drug or test she was working on, but she might as well had been talking a foreign language. He didn't have a clue to what she was talking about with all the medical terminology she would throw around, and she didn't seem to care if he did or didn't. He listen politely, but he couldn't honestly say that he really cared that much.


Rogue shrugged her shoulders, "It was okay, same ole same ole. You grab a fish, gut him, skin him, and cut his head off. Then you grab another one, and start all over. Not much to it really."


"If you don't like the job, Marie, you don't have to stay there. We've got enough money from my job, and my savings to make it."


"I need the job, Logan. I need it to keep me focused and active. I have to stay busy." Rogue explained with a slight frown.


"Then get another job. It doesn't have to be at the fishery." Logan urged, wishing she'd quit just to stop smelling like a fish herself every day. However he didn't want her to feel like she had to stay there if she didn't want too.


"It's the only job I could find that didn't require much people interaction. I can't get just any job I might want. It has to be one that doesn't require touching someone or something alive." Rogue explained with a frustrated huff.


"I think it's time we started working on your meditation again. I told you at the beginning that we were going to get settle in, and I was going to help you regain control. Well it's time we got started on doing just that. I've already set up a place in the living room. After dinner were going to get started on taking the first steps in taking back control." Logan said determined. At his words he smelt Marie's nervous, and anxious scent spike. Seeing a frown pulling at her mouth, Logan could help but ask, "You want control, right?" He was a curious to her sudden nervousness, but he was also a little worried that she had rather stay untouchable.


"Yes, of course I do." She answered immediately, but didn't elaborate further, but didn't smell or look anymore at ease.


"Okay Marie, spill it, what's the problem?" Logan huffed out totally confused. He sat back, eyeing her intently, waiting for her answer.


She sighed, then put her fork down, and stared down at it. "It's just that, to be able to mediate, and to work on feeling my skin, I have to let my guard down." Marie explained hesitantly.


"Yeah, that's the whole point, so what's the problem? You're going to have to spell it out for me here, Marie." Logan said still confused.


"It's not that I don't trust you, Logan, but I don't know if I can do that with you in the room. Having someone else in the room, when I'm trying to just be complete at ease isn't something I've ever been good at, even before when I was first working on controlling my skin." Rogue explained, hoping she hadn't made Logan think she didn't trust him, because she really did. She was just nervous about letting her guard down around others. Ever since the day her mutation hit, she had been obsessive about keeping other safe from her skin. Not to mention, not wanting another voice in her head.


"I get it." Logan finally understood the problem, but wasn't to concerned.


He expect her to be uncomfortable at first. He knew he was going to have take this one step at a time with her. He also knew she did trust him to some extent, but allowing yourself to completely let go even with someone you trusted was hard.


"Don't worry, Darlin’, like I told you before, we're going to take this one step at a time. I'm not expect any miracle, but you're going to have to get comfortable with me. I'm not going to hurt you, Marie. You sleep with me at night. You have to let yourself relax to fall asleep. It's really no different." Logan explained gently.


Rogue took a deep breath thinking over what he said. "I guess your right, and I do trust you Logan."


"Good. Now eat up, I didn't slave over the stove for nothing you know." Logan winked at her easing the tension.


Rogue picked her fork back up, and took a really big bite of her spaghetti all the while smiling at him. "Happy?"


"Shut up, and eat your food." Logan mocked growled at her, but his eyes were laughing.


Rogue giggled, but did as he demanded. They finished dinner while enjoying each others company.
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to review. :D