Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights belong to Stan Lee, Marvel, and whomever else owns the X-men.

I hope two chapters in one night makes up for my slow updates. Enjoy!
Chapter 8

"Choose a pillow and sit down," Logan ordered motioning to the pillows he had put on the floor in front of the burning fireplace.

Once Rogue sat down as Logan had instructed, Logan sat down opposite from her on his own pillow.

"Remove your gloves." Logan instructed.

"Why?" Rogue frowned at him, already growing tense.

"Just do it, will you?" He told her giving her a look that said, do it, or I'll do it myself.

Rogue frowned uncomfortable, but removed her gloves as he asked, more liked ordered, she groused silently.

"Okay, now I want you to close your eyes, sit up straight, and take some deep breaths in through your nose, and out through your mouth. Do that at least ten times, while your doing that, I want you to really pay attention to how your skin feels. Pay close attention to it, let your mind totally focus on you skin and nothing else." Logan explained.

He was doing the same exercise, taking deep breaths, but he was inhaling her scent, taking notice of any changes in her scent. He had a gut instinct that when her skin was off, her scent would have a slight difference to it. He wanted to make sure he learned the smell so he'd know the difference. He had a feeling that small difference would help him guide her.

When they had spent at least ten minutes working on her breathing exercise, which was really just to get her calm, Logan said they we're done for the night.


"That's it?" Rogue asked opening her eyes looking at him dumbfounded.


"Yep, I don't want you over taxing yourself." Logan teased with a wicked smirk.

Growling playfully, Rogue reached over grabbing a pillow off the sofa, and threw it at him, hitting him in the face as she had intended
.
"What was that for?" Logan grabbed the pillow up, glaring playfully right back at her.

"You know exactly what that was for, Logan Howlett." Rogue smarted, then snapped her mouth shut with a deep immediately as soon as she said it. Her eyes going wide, and her scent flooding with fear and worry.


"Marie?" Logan growled out confused to what had just happened. Why she had just called him Logan Howlett, and why she was suddenly scared.

"I better get the dishes done, and get to bed. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted." Rogue said quickly jumping up, to hurry toward the kitchen.

"Hold it right there," Logan demanded, jumping up, and grabbing her around the waist stopping her from darting off. "I think we need to discuss what just happen here. Why did you call me Logan Howlett, and why did your scent just spike with fear and worry?"

"I don't want to talk about it. I want to wash the dishes and go to bed." Rogue frowned upset, as she wiggled trying to get Logan to release her, not wanting to hurt him.

"To bad, sit down, we're going to talk about it whether you want to or not." Logan grunted, pulling her down on the sofa with him. "Now start explaining Marie."

"Let me go." Marie snapped upset still trying to get out of Logan's grasp. He had his hand's clasped tight around her waist.

"You promise not to dart off?" He asked knowing she might try to escape him.

"No." Rogue smarted back with an grim expression. Her scent flooded with annoyance at being held down, but there was still a strong scent of fear mixed with her annoyance. He could understand her annoyance, but he didn't understand why she was scared all of a sudden.

"Then I'm not letting you go." Logan grunted, and shrugged.

"Fine, just let me go." Rogue snapped out needing her space.

"Promise me first." Logan demanded gruffly, still gripping her to him.

"Fine! I promise, happy?" Rogue growled annoyed, and twisted out of Logan's grasp, over to the other end of the sofa away from him.

Logan was confused, and a little hurt by her attitude, but he knew she wasn't trying to hurt him on purpose. Something was upsetting her, and she was feeling trapped. He knew the feeling, and would snap too, when he felt trapped. 'Heck, she has a lot of me up in her head. I wonder if she got that from me?' Logan wondered to himself as he looked over at Marie on the other end of the sofa, putting as much past between them as possible.

"No, but it'll do." Logan answered honestly, but let the matter drop in favor of a more important issue. "Why did you call me Logan Howlett?"

Rogue scent grew even stronger of nervousness, but this time their was a mixture of sadness as well. Pulling all the courage she could muster, Rogue knew she could very well lose Logan after she answered his coming questions. She meet and held Logan's confused and troubled gaze.

"Because - it's your name." Came the whispered words from Rogue's lips.

Logan had asked, thinking it was the easier of the two questions. Boy was he wrong, fore when he had his answer, it only led to more questions, and even harder answers.

Logan was off the sofa, pacing and growling, as Rogue told Logan all that she knew about him and his past, about Sabertooth, Kayla, and Stryker. His claws snapped in and out as he listened. By the time Rogue had neared the end of her explanation, they both had tears in their tired and haunted eyes. He had clawed, and destroyed almost the entire room, when Rogue told him about Sabertooth and him being brothers, then about what had gone down with Kayla, bring him to the reason he had the metal on his bones, and metal claws.

The only untouched piece of furniture in the room was the sofa Rogue was sitting on. The once old recliner was nothing but splinters, and stuffing littered around the room, as was the end table, and coffee table. The television laid shattered across the floor as well. The drywall was decorated with both large, and small holes from Logan's claws, and his adamantim coated fisted. When Rogue had finished by telling him that William Stryker, the man who had given him his metal skeleton, and claw was the same man who had her, and had given her, her owns set metal bones, and claws, and that now she had him forever in her head, Logan had lost it, and all but flew from the house in a rage, with anger howls and outrage snarls.

Rogue sat on the sofa crying, and telling herself she should have known that no matter how much Logan believed he loved her, he wouldn't be able to stand being with her, knowing she had the man he hated most in the world in her head. Rogue climbed off the sofa, and started mindlessly cleaning up the room, all the while crying knowing Logan was gone for good from her life now. She hated herself for not being able to keep her mouth shut. She didn't ever want him to know she had Stryker in her head, because she knew he wouldn't be able to look at her ever again without thinking of the monster in her head.

Rogue climbed in bed, pulled the covers under her chin, curling in on herself and sobbed. She had never felt so utterly alone before in her life. Even when Logan had left with Jean, she had known he was still apart of her life. That he would come if she ever needed him. She didn't have that now. He was gone for good now, and she couldn't blame him. Even when she was in the lab, she had known that there were people out there that cared, and loved her, but she had ruined that as well. Now she was totally alone in the world, and all she could do was cry.
Chapter End Notes:
Feel free to review. :D