Author's Chapter Notes:
Had to give you more smut! I promise I'll get back to the plot next chapter.
CHAPTER 17 – Musings

She hadn't expected to spend the rest of the day coupling with Logan, that was for sure. In all of her very well-spent time thinking about Logan naked and sweating above her, she'd never really taken into account his...regenerative skills.

As he moved her over him in the most erotic pattern, she couldn't help but laugh a little inwardly. Why hadn't she thought of that? It seemed almost dense of her. She didn't dwell too much, though. After all, she knew now.

Boy, howdy...did she know.

They hadn't been laying there for more than fifteen minutes after their first time together, whispering and touching softly, before he'd pressed his straining erection into her hip. She'd been surprised and delighted all at the same time.

She couldn't believe how easy it was to forget about her mutation. It was ridiculously easy with his talented mouth moving all over her. And wasn't that the key right there, distraction. Well, not so much distraction as prioritizing.

She'd spent so much time concentrating on stopping her mutation that she hadn't realized that was the trigger right there. Since Cody, she'd never stopped thinking about it.

Until the accident, when all she could think of was not being the victim anymore. Not being the one to take Logan's life because she was weak. Praying and begging for the mutation to stop on its own hadn't been the trick, it had been her pushing it aside and focusing on the refusal to be on the receiving end of everything bad.

So now she did the same. She shoved her mutation aside in favor of what she really wanted. Touch. Logan's touch. Logan's fantastically, erotically, arousing touch. She was at a loss for more adjectives. His mouth was making her forget how to think.

He didn't say much, he never did. That being said, she was discovering just how vocal he actually was. Instead of words, he used animalistic grunts and groans. The few things he did say to her were singular words emphasized by his touches or...thrusts.

After nipping and biting at her shoulders and chest for endlessly blissful moments, he'd lifted himself to his knees, and lifted her up as well.  Brushing her hair aside, he'd attacked her neck and shoulders while hooking his hands behind her knees and lifting against him.

He scooted to the edge of the bed where he sat and placed her over him. She moaned as she sank down on his erection. Her knees could reach the bed and she raised and lowered herself against him, his hands helping her with the rhythm as he growled approvingly.

She anchored herself by wrapping one arm around his neck. The different position sent waves of erotic sensation through her body.

“Oh, God.”

She could hardly breathe.  Every time she came down on him, he would grunt and thrust up.

He growled deep in his chest, never taking his eyes of her.

“Ride me, Marie.” More grunts and groaning. “Fuck, yes. So good.”

It was a slow burn, much slower than the first time, but she'd argue it was actually hotter. She remembered the feeling of the 'cure' coursing through her veins, scorching her, and thought this feeling inside her right now might actually be hotter. She'd be nothing but ashes by the end of this.

She let her head fall back and arched back, the change in angle causing a spike of heat to shoot from her center straight up her back. He must have noticed her hitched breathing, because the hand he'd been using on her hip wrapped around her lower back to support her as he leaned down to nip and suck at her breasts.

After a few seconds and some deep grinding action, he brought her back up.

“Marie,” he growled, pushing a hand up the side of her face and into her hair.  He wound his fingers in her brown and platinum locks, pulling them back gently so her neck was exposed. He sank his teeth into her skin again, growling madly.

Mine,” he breathed fiercely as he pulled away to stare into her eyes.

She could see the animal lurking behind his hot gaze. His eyes, usually a beautiful hazel, were now so dilated in arousal they were pitch black.

He was possessive, aggressive, controlling, dominating... all the things that would usually piss off any woman in her right mind. But something about the way he was all those things while still being tender and considerate made him the most arousing man she'd ever seen. She wanted to submit to him.

“Yours,” she breathed.

He growled through bared teeth and she saw the effect her submission had on him. He pulled her closer, using his arm to anchor her lower half to his and began a harder, faster rhythm. She let her head fall to his shoulder, arms wrapped around his shoulders and neck. He'd taken control of the pace and she moved to try and keep up with him.

White hot heat started to pull at her where their bodies met over and over. She couldn't help the high-pitched cries she was letting out into his shoulder at almost every thrust, her eyes clenched tight against the sensation.

He grunted and hissed.

“Make those noises for me, Marie.”

She could hardly stand the pressure. It was making her hips jerk erratically against his forceful hands. He let her hips move on their own momentarily so she could find the rhythm that would bring her to the edge.

“That's it, baby,” he encouraged her. She was grinding herself furiously against him, her face still buried in his shoulder.

“Uh. Yeah, darlin’. Work yourself on me.” She could hear the strain in his voice.

It was there, just out of her reach. She pushed against him over and over. She could hear her own cry of frustration at wanting that last inch.

He growled into her ear. “Come for me, Marie.” He must have known she was so close, must have known what she needed. His words seared her skin and she flew apart. Her body jerked against him as she convulsed around him.  She let out mewls of ecstasy and rode the wave as it crested.

Logan!” she cried. “Oh, God.”

His name was loud and clear, even muffled against his skin.  He roared through clenched teeth and bucked into her furiously, finding his own release. She held on as he filled her, his movements forceful and erratic. It extended her own orgasm a little longer and she sucked in a shuddering breath against his shoulder.

He finally stilled, wrapping his arms around her back. She lifted her head and they looked at each other, both of them still struggling for breath.

His hair was wildly ruffled from her fingers running through it, some of it sticking to his damp forehead. He looked at her intensely, a bead of sweat running down his neck.  He gripped the side of her face and smiled.

“Finally got to hear you scream my name.”

She laughed through heaving breaths. She could feel tendrils of platinum and brown hair sticking to her own forehead and cheek. The rapidly cooling dampness on her neck and chest made her shiver. Her thighs trembled from the exertion.

“With workouts like these, I'm not gonna have to go to the gym ever again,” she sighed.

He breathed hot air into her ear.

“You have no fuckin' idea how hot you look right now. All flushed and thoroughly satisfied.” He rumbled a laugh. “All you ever have to do is say the word and I'll be happy to work out with you.”

He bit her lobe. “Over and over and over.” He punctuated each word with a slow thrust of his hips.

Her eyes widened as she felt him grow hard inside of her.

“Logan, really. Already?”

He growled enticingly in her ear. She breathed out a puff of disbelief. He flipped her onto her back and began thrusting again, growling the whole time.

That regeneration trick of his...? That was a pretty nifty gift.

XXX

She had never expected to be a part of one of those couples who sat there mooning over each other once they’d finally become intimate. She was much too private for that -- and Logan much too full of himself. He’d rather have his throat slit then let anyone see him being all “pansy-ass”.

But then again, she also never expected to spend so much time holed up in her or Logan’s room.  The sheer amount of time they spent getting it on or just chatting -- it was amazing. Everything he wouldn’t say or do in public, he reserved for her in private.

She found it amusing. He never made huge declarations, it wasn’t his style. But he wasn’t shy about touching her in public, either. She figured that was his way of stating his intentions...and warnings.

She had always known he was an intensely physical person.  She shivered at the thought. In public, he’d place his hand on her possessively; especially, she noticed with a smidge of annoyance, around other males.

Her rational mind argued he was going to have to lay off the alpha-male act and let her be friends with Remy and Hank without him getting all growly. But at the same time, her memories of how he thought made that a bit too much to ask of him.

His feral instincts made him protective of what he considered his. And...well, she’d kind of already accepted that as fact in the heat of the moment. But really, what did he expect? The things one said in the throes of a particularly good orgasm were just not fair game.

Their schedule went on as always. Now twenty, she’d managed to catch up on classes. She was starting her third year of college and while she no longer had to take a full load plus extra credits, she was still bombarded with readings and proofs. She’d chosen engineering as a major and she regretted it daily. The sheer amount of math was mind-numbing.

She was working on a graph one evening, trying to create a flight envelope diagram, when things changed.

He’d been laying on his bed reading while she worked on the floor, spreading out her books and charts. A small curl of smoke rose up from the cigar he’d been smoking.  He always kept the window open, so the late fall breeze carried in wonderful woodsy smells. The combination of the two scents was rich and soothing.

She’d sat up from her hunched over position after working some numbers and stretched. She lifted her arms above her head as she pulled her muscles loose. She let out a little groan from the stiffness and sighed.

Hands flopping back down, she opened her eyes to see him watching her. She smiled shyly and went back to work. No thinking about sex with Logan. No thinking about sex with Logan. No thinking about...

“I was thinkin’ I want you to move your stuff in.”

She looked up at him, shocked.

“Huh?”

He grunted. “Permanently.”

Her eyes grew wide. “Move in? Here?”

He nodded.

She sat straighter. “With you?” She was at a loss. “Really?”

She could hear aggravation creeping into his voice. “Why not? We already sleep in the same bed almost every night, whether it’s in your room or mine.”

That was true enough. “Yeah, but...you like your space and I thought...”

“Thought what?” he growled. “You think I was kiddin’ when I told you it’s you and me from now on?”

It was rhetorical. But she still felt the need to answer it.

“No. It’s just....” She fumbled for words. “You get all growly and grumpy and you like to come here on your own. What happens when you don’t have a room to go to and be all pissy in anymore?”

He quirked a grin. “Guess I’ll have to find a way to work it off.”

She frowned. “I’m serious, Logan.”

He growled. “So am I, Marie. I’ll figure it out. If I need time alone, I’ll take a fuckin’ walk or somethin’.”

She stared at him, trying to figure him out. “Why?”

He balked. “‘Cause I fuckin’ love you, that’s why. Jesus, Marie. I want you with me. I want you in my bed, in my room. I want it to be our bed. Our room.”

Hmm. “Okay.”

“Okay?” he looked shocked. Was he expecting more of an argument?

“Yup.” She smiled and leaned back to her work. “But this weekend...I have to get this turned in by Friday.”

He blinked before settling.  He grunted and nodded, sitting back against his headboard and starting to read again.

She couldn’t help the stupid grin that plastered itself across her face.
Chapter End Notes:
Love me some good smut.....Thanks again to my great BETA, doctorg