Author's Chapter Notes:
I know you all enjoy getting updates quickly. So here you go. See I read your reviews...so you should write more! : ) Hope you enjoy!
CHAPTER 20 - Five

They sat in their room, staring at each other. He’d flipped his chair to face backwards again, straddling it and leaning his arms on top of the backrest. She faced him, sitting cross-legged on the bed.

He was trying really hard to concentrate on her words. But her scent was driving him crazy. She always smelled delicious, but right now, she smelled...

God, she fuckin’ smells like she needs a good fuck.

He shook his head and sat up straighter in the chair, trying to clear his thoughts. He was getting hazy with lust.

Why did she suddenly smell so Goddamn good? Better than usual. If she didn’t stop whatever the fuck she was doing to smell that way, he was going to have to ravish her.

They’d gone upstairs to discuss whatever the fuck had happened. He’d sent one of the brats down to Hank to let him know Marie wasn’t going down there until he’d gotten some answers.

He’d been just dandy watching the game on the TV, beer in hand, grumbling about the weak-ass check this guy had made when Jubilee had come tearing around the corner, using one hand to stop herself by gripping the door frame and swinging herself around into the room.

“Whoa, Logan. Dude, Rogue’s like, seriously losing it.” Her breath was coming in fast little pants.

He’d slammed his beer down so hard, it had frothed over onto the table. He was out the door before he could even decipher what the hell Jubes had said.

“Where?”

“Outside the library, man.” She was following along behind him, taking two steps for every one of his.

When he got out the door she’d pointed to, Marie was sprawled out on the ground at the bottom of the steps, arm pulled up tight to her chest, her face raw and bloody from the sidewalk. The grimace she was making matched the scent of pain washing off of her.

“Fuck.”

He’d been agitated. Seeing her on the ground, angry scrapes slowly seeping blood and her arm swelling from the break -- it had set him on edge. When she’d finally agreed to use his healing, he’d been two seconds away from clawing someone.

He’d been so preoccupied with her injuries, he’d temporarily forgotten about the reason he’d gone out there in the first place. Then Jubilee, the big yakker, outed Marie’s pathetic attempt for a lie and he actually felt his claws pierce the skin between his knuckles. It was a struggle to keep them in.

He’d dragged her up to their room and deposited her on the bed. He didn’t really give a flying fuck when she made a comment about him manhandling her.  He knew she was just trying to dodge the conversation.

Finally, she’d let out an annoyed huff of breath and started telling him what happened.

That’s when he’d noticed it. Her smell. Jesus. She smelled so damn appealing. He found himself pulling closer to her, wanting very much to bury his face into her neck and imprint that aroma she was giving out.

That’s when he’d grabbed up the chair and planted himself firmly in it, determined to have this conversation.

It wasn’t uncommon for his thoughts to stray off into ‘Sex with Marie’ territory, but this was getting fucking ridiculous. He was getting so hard it was becoming painful.

“When was the last time he came out?” Concentrate, dammit.

She sighed and chewed on her lip, thinking. “Not since Alkali Lake. He came out then. But I figured that’s because he was right there. Talkin’ to me. Tryin’ to rile me up, you know?”

He nodded. “And this time? He just, started talkin’?”

She scratched her head. “Not so much.”

“What’s that mean?”

“Well, Jubes was talkin’ to me about some stuff. I think maybe the conversation may have triggered him, triggered some memories.”

He lowered his eyebrows. “What the hell were you two talkin’ about that the old bag of bones was brought up?”

“Not him,” she said. She brought a knee up and rested her chin on it.

She’s always doin’ that when she’s thinkin’ about serious stuff. It’s endearing....and hot. Damn it! Stop thinkin’ ‘bout sex with Marie.

“The pit.”

He grimaced. Yeah, that might do it. “You two still talk about that shit?”

She shook her head slowly. “Not me. But she was having some trouble sleepin’. Wanted to talk about it. Then I just started rememberin’ things and it made me pretty nauseous.”

She waved a hand. “And there he was, goadin’ me on. As strong as ever,” she grumbled. “The Professor always said it would probably never go away. That I’d always have parts of the people I took inside of me. The more I’d taken, the more likely I’d see them pop up now and then.”

He did not like the sound of that. “What about me?”

She smiled. “You’re always quiet. I feel you there, more than him. But you don’t bother me.” She looked at him lovingly. “It’s like you don’t say anything ‘cause you know it’s my head and you don’t want to intrude.” She grinned. “It’s very gentlemanly.”

He laughed self-consciously. He’d never been called that in his life.

“What about...” He didn’t like bringing it up. “...Detroit.”

She was silent for a second as she thought about it. “I never really got much conversation from Trip, other than at first. Which I always thought was strange. But then, I never got very much from Cody, Big Sam or the nurses either. Never heard a peep out of Moira.”

She looked like she was thinking really hard.

“Marie?”

“Erik said something.” When the fuck did she start calling him by his first name? “How I can’t shut him up like I can the humans. I wonder if that’s a big difference? A human versus a mutant.”

“You always say getting’ a hit off a human is crazy, no control. Maybe they fade away.” God he hoped so, for her sake. He didn’t want to think about that douche from Detroit popping up and whispering his lewd messed-up thoughts into her mind.

She groaned quietly. “It’s like I’m doomed to hear their voices forever.” He wasn’t amused with her train of thought. “Kinda takes the shine off the hits, don’t you think?”

He nodded. It had creeped him out when Chuck had spoken to him telepathically. He hated the idea of Marie having to experience that on a regular basis. Thank God it seemed to happen rarely.

“I could see myself goin’ crazy with too many in my head.” She seemed almost pensive.

“What the hell does that mean?”

She looked at him. “I’m thinkin’ that if I’d never learned to control my mutation, never learned to turn it off...eventually, over time -- with enough deep pulls from mutants -- it would have been hard to stay sane.”

“But you have learned to control it.”

She bit her lip in concentration. “Yeah. But...what if the desire is too strong?”

She was getting on a roll now. “The feelin’ I always get, when I want a mutation? It’s so intense. Like today. I’ve taken small hits from you plenty of times, but today my fingers were goin’ itchy crazy wantin’ it, so I could heal. When Bobby’s around, I’m always jonesin’ for such a strong hit. And Remy! It’s like their strong mutations are always callin’ to me. It’s almost...” She struggled for the words. “...I don’t know. Like, powerful.”

He watched her as she thought out loud. He was pretty sure she would have had better luck having this sort of philosophical talk with the Professor.

“You tryin’ to say there’s a cost to power?”

She snapped her eyes up. “Exactly.”

He shrugged. “But you’re not lookin’ for power. You’re lookin’ to get by.”

And wasn’t that the ticket, right there.

His mind raced back to that meeting months ago. When Moira had spoken about the difference between a Class Four and a Class Five.

He let out a long breath, seeing clearly for the first time.

“You’re a Class Four. Not a Five. A Five wouldn’t be able to see the difference. Wouldn’t be able to see the cost. And even if they could, they’d probably think they could win without losin’ control. But in the end, it gets them, like Moira said. All the cases they know of are like that. Even Jeannie.”

She was looking at him, mouth slightly hanging open.

“Chuck tried to put walls up for her. To separate Phoenix from Jean -- but it didn’t work. It got to her in the end; and killed her. A Five has all the power of a Four, but none of the urges to stop, to take a good look.  So it always just looks like Fives have more power, when what they really have is no damn control.”

She stuttered through a few syllables before clamping her mouth shut. She took a few deep breaths. “Wow...”

“Yeah. Wow.” Relief washed over him. “You’re a Four.”

She nodded. “Because I’m trigger shy.”

He smiled. “Because you look before you jump.”

She let that beautiful smile come across her face and his brain began to haze back up.

That scent... He stood up and walked to the bed, pulling her up to stand with him.

“You been doin’ something different lately?”

She looked a bit confused. “Huh? No. Why?”

He buried his face into her neck and groaned at the delicious scent. Jesus Christ, it was getting even stronger. “You smell so fuckin’ good right now.”

She laughed. “I smell different?”

He nodded. “Better. God. You smell so....” He grabbed her hips and ground his hardening erection into her stomach. “...enticing.”

She smiled hotly at him. “Maybe I grabbed a bit of your feral by accident,” she said nuzzling the area under his chin. “I am feeling a bit...animalistic.” She nipped at the curve of his jaw and he lost it.

He slammed her up against the wall and devoured her mouth. He reached down and ripped open her shirt, buttons flying around the room. She gasped and pulled at his belt.

He grabbed a handful of her hair and tugged it back so that he could sink into her mouth even more. He was growling, pushing down her jeans with his other hand. She struggled to pull them off, kicking her shoes off at the same time.

She barely got them off before he lifted her, wrapping her legs around his hips. She let out a little cry of arousal and he thought he was going to explode with need.

He ripped his mouth away.

“Jesus Christ, Marie,” he ground out.

Her scent was just getting more erotic, more mouth-watering. With her pants and panties off and her working herself on his jeans, the smell of her wet core permeated his brain to absolutely sear him from the inside out. Every animal instinct roared at him to bury himself inside her.

He pushed down the front of his jeans to free himself. Her shirt was down around her elbows, her bra still in place. She was whimpering with need and he just fucking had to be inside her. Now.

He braced her back against the wall and positioned himself before taking her mouth with his and burying himself into her ferociously. She cried out into his mouth and the scent of  her arousal spiked. She clung to him desperately, her arms wrapped around his neck.

He broke the kiss and grunted with each thrust. “God, you feel so good, darlin’.”

He felt himself on the edge. “Marie,” he groaned into her neck.

She let out a little moan before saying between thrusts. “Let go, Logan.”

He roared and came inside her, frantically rutting through his release. It wasn’t enough, the animal inside howled. Never enough. He kept going, biting at her neck and burying himself in her body over and over.

Fire crawled up his spine and he felt himself on the brink of yet another orgasm. She held onto him, submitting to his need in the most erotic way, her teeth biting at her bottom lip in ecstasy. He could feel her clenching around him. She was close.

He felt an overwhelming need to claim her, to show her. She made everything so good. Everything.

He whispered hoarsely in her ear, never stopping the rhythm of his hips. “I love you.”

She cried out his name and came, her hips jerking madly against him. Her convulsing muscles around him sent him over the edge again and he groaned into her neck, pumping furiously into her.

When they finally came down from the indescribable high, he let her legs slowly lower to the floor.

“You okay?” he asked, running his hand over her hair. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

She smiled beautifully again. “Not even close.” She giggled. “I’m gonna have to get a little of that feral thing from you now and then. If it makes you this crazy.”

He chuckled and let his forehead rest against her. “Not too often. I was havin’ trouble seein’ straight with you smellin’ that good.”

She laughed softly and laid her head on his chest, letting out a contented sigh. “I love you, Logan.”

He was glad she couldn’t see the pansy-ass grin on his face.

“I should get down to the lab. Get those X-rays done. Hank will be worried until I do.”

He nodded.

She cleaned up in the bathroom quickly and he wiped himself clean as well before pulling his pants back up.

He could hear her sigh in the bathroom “I’m gonna need a different shirt. This one’s dead.”

He chuckled. “Couldn’t help myself darlin’.”  She let out a muttered curse.

“Ah kinda liked this one.”

He couldn’t help the self-satisfied grin on his face.

“And wipe that smirk off your face, mister. Don’t think I don’t know how damn proud of yourself you are.”

He outright laughed.

XXX

The door to the elevator opened and they walked down the corridor of the lower levels to the medlab. She’d put on a short-sleeved top so Hank could get a clean X-ray. It was a deep green, which looked fuckin’ fantastic on her. She smelled absolutely fantastic, too.

He probably looked like a smug bastard right now, but he didn’t care. Not too often you got to walk the halls with your girl smelling this Goddamn good and fully satisfied to boot. He was going to have to find out how to make her smell like that more often.

If it was her having pulled a bit of his feral nature during the transfer, he was going to have special transfer days for ‘sex with Marie’.

It was her scent, just...amplified. He couldn’t put his finger on it. Her cheeks were still flushed from their heated coupling. She looked downright ravishing.

The door to the medlab slid open and they walked in. Hank was just coming out of his office with a tray of freshly sterilized instruments.

“Ah, Logan. Rogue. Wonderful timing. I was just...”

He saw the flare of Hanks nostrils just before the tray of metal and glass objects crashed to the floor. Oh, fuck.

Hank’s eyes dilated and he took two steps towards Marie. It was the first time the animal had come roaring out of Logan outside of a fight.

He used his arm to push a surprised Marie back through the door and snarled at Hank, claws coming out with a echoing SHNIK.

“Get a fuckin’ hold of yourself, McCoy.” It was the only warning he was going to give.

Hank’s eyes cleared and he took a step back. He looked distraught and embarrassed. He cleared his throat and stuttered an apology.

“Oh, my. Oh, dear. I can’t begin to apologize enough...”

Logan hadn’t been able to put a finger on exactly why Marie’s scent had been so enticing the whole evening. But at the sight, and fucking smell, of Hank’s response, he suddenly realized what it was he was picking up on. She must have gotten a bigger dose of his feral traits than they originally thought.

Because Marie was in fuckin’ heat.
Chapter End Notes:
Oh! Craaaaaazy! Hehe. Review Review! : )