_______________

I heard him shout “who is he?” she mumbled low
He said “baby don't you lie to me no more”
And I'm listening through these thin walls in silent shame
As she called out my name I was right next door

It's because of me
It's because of me
It's because of me
It's because of me

_______________

It was different than he had expected. That was the first errant thought to enter his mind. He had chased her for so long, the tension snapping between them, that he had thought when he finally had her it would be fucking fantastic. Hadn’t he imagined it a million times -- his hands in that deep red hair, those long legs wrapped around him, her green eyes locked on his as her voice cried out his name?

So now here he was, in the moment, and it was all just a little less satisfying than he had thought it would be. There was something just a little too practiced -- clinical, even -- about the way she touched him. He wound his hands in her hair, but it was rougher than he had expected it to be, smelling too strongly of some kind of flowery shampoo. Her legs, those spectacular legs, didn’t quite wrap around him with the enthusiasm he had expected. And as for her green eyes watching him, her voice crying out his name...He tipped her head up, trying to meet her eyes, but she buried it back against his chest with a grimace. And when she gritted her teeth, somehow he didn’t think it was his name she was biting back.

There are things you shouldn’t think when you are fucking another woman -- and there are things you damn well shouldn’t think when you are fucking a telepath -- but against Logan’s will, he was thinking them.

Thinking of his fingers wound into hair that was a deep sable streaked with platinum, smelling cleanly of lemongrass instead of this smotheringly flowery scent. Thinking how a body might fill his hands if it were softer, smaller, sweeter. How a different voice, slow and sweet like molasses, might sound gasping his name. How somebody else’s deep brown eyes would look right into his, showing every emotion that she was feeling. And she would be feeling it -- true emotion, not this empty demonstration of lust and boredom. No, her eyes would be glowing with acceptance, and warmth, and maybe even...

He growled, thrusting harder into the woman in his arms, gripping her tighter, trying to force the other thoughts from his head until nothing remained but this, this moment, that he had imagined for so long, anticipated for so long, pursued for so long...

And it was still just a little less.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review! :-D