Author's Chapter Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing

A/N: Thanks for the reviews!

I know not all of you will like the turn in this chapter and please keep in mind, that Logan is gone for only 10 weeks (nothing for him).

X

CHAPTER 5

It was the month's last and Victor would have taken a seat at his booth, if his sensitive nose hadn't picked up on Marie's alluring scent mixed with a load of perfume. His eyes darkened slightly as his own desire was stirred by her smell and her looks. She wore more make-up than normal, making her eyes brighter and larger as they were and her full lips even more inviting for him to crush his mouth on.

He took a deep breath and sank down on a stool at the counter across from her. "Good god, girl, you're horny as hell!"

Marie blushed slightly at his comment and glanced around if someone might have heard him. "Keep your nose to yourself, Victor."

The large man furrowed his brows as the brunette moved past the counter, clad in a black mini skirt, matching high heels, skin tight whine-red shirt with a deep V-neck, presenting him with his first view of her creamy cleavage while her long salt and pepper hair framed her stunning features in lazy curls. He tore his eyes away as he saw her hitched brow linger at him in question. "That's not your note pad, Marie." He eventually said and motioned to the small black leather purse, she clasped in her hands.

"No shit, Sherlock!" The brunette chuckled about his desperate attempt to keep his gaze away from her breasts. 'Woah, did Ah just turn Sabretooth's head?' Batting her lashes at him she closed the distance and tiptoed slightly, so her breath was tickling against his neck while she whispered. "Mah shift just ended. Gonna hit a bar and get myself laid."

"What?"

Marie bit her tongue to not burst into a fit of laughter at the other mutant's shocked expression and paling face. "Bye, Victor." She was half way to the door when she turned around and smiled at him. "Just to let ya know, sugah, Ah'll start mah new job tomorrow. Ya'll see me here only on the weekends then." Meaning unless he would start working on the weekend and drop by on his way home, he wouldn't see her any more.

X

It didn't take Victor long to recover and he immediately left the diner and followed Marie only a few meters behind. 'What the fuck does she think she's doin'? She's Jimmy's mate for God's sake!' He followed her down the block and saw her turn into a smaller street. For once he didn't care if she knew he was tailing her and didn't rely on his senses to tell him what she was doing around the corner, so it happened that he almost bumped into her as he turned the corner.

Marie had her arms crossed over her chest and stared rather annoyed at the large man. "Are ya stalking me for a change?"

"No." Victor watched her whirl around and continue her way. Only a second later he was beside her and he eventually demanded "What the fuck did you mean by gettin' laid?" as they stopped in front of a bar. It was then that he noticed the big TV screen in the center of the large room when he looked through the window. "A sports bar?"

"Ya complaining, big guy?" She opened the door and walked over to the counter, fully aware that he followed her in and took the seat beside her. After ordering herself a coke and he grumbled a 'beer' towards the bartender, the young woman eventually faced him. "And back to your question. Ya said yourself that Ah'm horny and your nose doesn't lie." She saw his piercing stare and the confusion and anger on his features. "Blame it on the hormones if ya like."

Victor growled low as he contemplated how to get his point over without giving too much about his caring for James away. "Yeah, fine, but you're the runt's! You can't go around and do some prick."

"Why not? And since when am Ah Logan's? Just because Ah'm having his kid?"

"Well, yes?"

"Ah'm not more his than he is mine." She stared him square in the eyes. "We're talking about Logan here, Vic. It was just an one-night-stand for him like any other night before and any night afterwards." The doubt slowly vanished from his features as he processed this information. "The only thing special for him might have been that he actually knew mah name." Marie eventually took a long swig from her Coke, her eyes centered on the glass.

'Jimmy has no claim on her other than bein' her cub's father…' Still, there was this nagging feeling in the back of his mind, telling him that it wasn't right for him to pursue his lust and desire for this woman.

Marie began to trace her index-finger along the rim of her glass as the silence stretched on. "Shall Ah pine for Logan the next years, while he has his fun with some nameless bar flings every night?" Resolve she hadn't known until now stirred a well suppressed rage. "Not gonna happen, sugah. Ah have all right to enjoy mah own meaningless fucks with some jerks." She drowned her glass in one long gulp and faced the feral. Victor's bewildered expression drove her over the edge. "What? Do ya guys think, ya are the only one with an itch to be scratched?"

'What the fuck? This chick is nuts!... on the other hand she knows what she wants and isn't one of those pathetic frails Jimmy used to drag into his bed.' His eyes darkened as he drew in another alluring breath of her scent. 'She has spirit! I like that!' He felt his inner animal growl in anticipation. 'She's a challenge!'

Marie's eyes scanned the bar. It was still early and the few losers hanging out were sending scared glares towards her fangy friend. With a sigh she faced him again. "Would ya please leave me alone, Victor? Ya scare all mah potential lovers away."

The feral had made up his mind. 'To hell with Jimmy! If she was just a fling for him then it's just fair that I get my share as well!' "Maybe you don't need one of those punks." His eyes locked with her chocolate ones.

Marie had noticed his lustful gazes the past two weeks, but decided that her current condition was the reason why he never made a move in any way. She hid her sudden surprise with an inquiring hitched brow. "Suddenly became interested in me, huh?"

"Who said you're the only one lookin' for some horizontal exercise?" His voice was husky while he watched her lick her lips sensually, then her eyes lingered on his talons and not only her scent told him that his claws got once again in his way to have a willing woman. With a low growl he picked his beer up and emptied it in a few gulps. The animal inside him roared in anger by the audacity that frail dared to show towards him. The blue of his eyes was swallowed by black and his hand not grasping the bottle in a death grip balled to a fist.

It wasn't that she couldn't think of spending a night with Sabretooth, she had grown to like him – fine two weeks ago she would have thrown a fit if someone had told her that she might think Sabretooth attractive – but she knew from her experiences with Logan that it would be more than rough. Then again, he would know the rules – no strings attached - and it wouldn't be awkward when they would meet again at the diner. "Can ya keep the scratches to a minimum?" She reached out and covered his large fist with her small hand, oblivious to the tumult in the feral. "Ah don't have a healing factor and Ah'm not keen on looking like a scratching post on mah first day at the new job tomorrow."

Her words were almost swallowed by the rage and roars of the beast, but her gentle touch made Victor listen to her. At first he wasn't sure if he had heard right, but her fingers were tracing his slowly opening fist – his wounds caused by his own nails healed immediately – and she was looking at him expectantly. She had his darkening eyes obviously misinterpreted with lust instead of rage. The epinephrine let his blood rush south immediately and he nodded tentatively, not trusting his voice for once in his life.

Marie smiled and bit her lower lip. Maybe it wasn't her best idea, but then again, the feral had already showed her that he could find her whenever he wanted. "Umm, mah place is just down the street, sugah."

His lips twitched to a wolfish grin and he retrieved his wallet, paying for both their drinks. "I know, darlin'."

This wasn't what surprised Marie, but when Victor held the door of the bar open for her like a gentlemen, did, and then that he slipped his arm around her waist, pressing her gently against his side while they walked down the sidewalk.

X

"Give me a moment." With those words she vanished in her small bathroom.

Victor's gaze traveled over the tattered once upon-a-time white couch in front of the well-used coffee-table – she wasn't the first owner of that pitiful piece of furniture, he doubt Marie would notice if he left a happy face scratched into it. Next to the sofa was a small shelf with books borrowed from the library in it, while a radio – the only piece of electronic, besides the stove, toaster and coffee maker in the way too small kitchen – stood on top of it, framed by two pictures. One showed Marie with an Asian and a brunette girl and a tall boy and the other one was one of Marie on her graduation day with an ever-scowling Logan resting his arm about her shoulders.

The living-room with the attached kitchen was clean and Marie had tried her best to make it look homey with a red curtain, a carpet and a vase with flowers. Victor heard water running in the bathroom and decided to inspect the two rooms next to it. The first one was really small and the window practically was the whole outer wall of this empty room, but the teddy-bear-curtains in pastel colors and the fluffy silver-grey rabbit-carpet made Victor guess that this would be the cub's room. He scented the air and his nose told him that those two things for the baby were new and not used before by some strangers as seemed the rest of her belongings.

The second room was a little larger and contained a queen-sized bed with a nightstand and a dresser next to a small wardrobe. All in all the best word to describe this apartment was indeed: small.

Victor approached the dresser on top which two pictures of Logan and Marie stood, and he opened one drawer finding an all too familiar red flannel neatly folded on top of her tee-shirts.

His sensitive ears caught the sound of the tabs being finally shut. She had been gone for quite some time now and Victor feared she might have changed her mind. A frustrated snarl rang from his lips and he began to fight the rising anger – he wouldn't endanger his brother's cub.

The bathroom-door opened and Marie found the living-room empty and the door to her bedroom open. She straightened the short black satin nighty and entered the bedroom. "Sorry, Ah took so long."

His face was priceless when he looked up from her dresser and immediately scented the air. "You washed?"

Marie grinned and sauntered over to the puzzled feral. "Ah thought that chemical scent might not be the most pleasant smell for ya." She slipped gently her soft hands around his neck "Ah can always put the perfume back on." and tiptoed making her lips hover over his.

Victor was like in trance as he grasped her perfect ass with his hands and squeezed it. "No." Her hot breath was tickling his lips, inviting him. "I wanna smell you… your arousal..." His mouth closed the distance to a hungry kiss, his tongue was granted access immediately while her hands tousled his dark mane.

She moaned and fought his dominating tongue, finally pushing into his hot mouth. Her tongue stroked over the sharp tip of one of his fangs and the resulting surge of adrenaline made her almost lick his tooth.

'Jesus? She likes the danger?' She was the first woman ever to caress his fangs this way and getting turned on by it. A soft purr began to rumble in his chest involuntarily and he opened his mouth further for her explorations.

It hadn't taken his hands long to find their way under her nighty, discovering the lack of panties, but her hot slickness invited him and almost drove him nuts. Victor moved his mouth down her neck and cleavage, nibbling her soft skin while one of his hands unbuckled his belt.

Marie helped him to push his pants and boxers down and yelped in surprise as he lifted her up like a feather. She wrapped her legs around his hips feeling his throbbing member pressing against her entrance as he pulled her nighty over her head harshly.

Suddenly his hands were everywhere kneading her breasts and ass, his mouth licking and nibbling every inch of her body. "Not too harsh…" She brought out between moans as he let fall both of them onto the mattress. "Be careful," muttered Marie searching for words. "The baby."

Chapter End Notes:
Now let the flames begin...