Author's Chapter Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing.

A/N: Big thanks for the reviews! I know, the current turn of this story isn't the taste of everyone. I got a little carried away and new ideas keep popping up.




X

CHAPTER 6

At one point Marie had feared for her unborn child, but Victor made good to his word and tried to hold hurting her to a minimum. He was gentle for a feral, yet rough and wild at the same time. Now they were lying next to each other tangled in her bed-sheets, catching their breaths.

Victor tried to search his mind for a memory of when he had ever felt as content as he did now after sex, but came up empty-handed. He also believed it to be the first time a female screamed his name in ecstasy and not fear when he made her cum. And it was also a new sensation that he didn't feel the urge to jump up and leave as soon as he had pulled out of her. Eventually he rolled onto his side and observed her relaxed features as she stroked absently her stomach.

She faced him and he grinned at her bearing his fangs, when he lifted his index-claw to tug a white strand behind her ear. "The cub's fine. The heartbeat is strong and fast." He began to trace her cheek with the tip of his claw in a loving manner.

A gentle smile formed on Marie's lips. "Thank you."

They lay there in comfortable silence and suddenly Victor did another thing he thought impossible for him: He stirred a conversation after sex! "Why did you take the Cure? To be like anyone else?" His eyes were serious and his intense gaze was tightly locked with hers.

"Yes, but not the way ya make it sound." The brunette was drawing lazy circles on his muscular and hairy chest. "Do ya know how it is to hide from every touch – accidentally or not? To cover almost every inch of your skin the whole year long. To never hug, hold hands, have no human contact for four long years."

Suddenly it was important to her that he would understand her reasons and so a dam broke within her. "Ah never would have taken the Cure if Ah had any other kind of mutation, but Ah couldn't bear it any longer to live a life as an observer. Seeing everyone else around me be happy, and live mah dreams." A shy smile tugged on her lips. "Ah always wanted to have kids, to be a mom. Ah had that wish since Ah was a kid myself."

She didn't see any indication that he thought her odd, so she continued, her voice sad. "But then mah mutation kicked in and mah life turned into a nightmare. Mah dream was ripped right outta mah hands." Tears were forming in the corners of her eyes and she struggled to let them flow freely. "When Ah saw the other kids mah age kiss or simply hold hands, it only showed me what Ah would never have." She blinked her tears away and met his gaze. He was listening patiently. "Then the Cure was announced and it was a beacon of hope to eventually make mah dream come true."

Her hand left Victor's chest and returned to stroking her stomach. "Ah wanted this baby from the man Ah love and it doesn't matter if he is a mutant or not. Neither does it matter if mah kid will have claws or purple skin as long as Ah don't pass mah cursed mutation on to mah child."

The feral understood her and her fears suddenly. "The men are the one givin' the X gene to the next generation."

"Ah know."

"It is likely that the cub will be a feral like the runt." His voice was rough but still soft and he leaned his head onto his one hand.

"That doesn't matter to me. On the contrary Ah hope it'll have Logan's mutation." Marie faced him once more, a happy grin on her features. "Ah always knew Ah wasn't his top priority in life… that the search for his lost past has been his sole purpose in life and it hadn't really changed after he became an X-Men… Ah love him so much, but Ah don't wanna push him into anything he isn't willing to do out of his own heart's wish."

This made Victor hitch his brows. "Dontcha think that havin' his cub wouldn't put him into a corner?"

"Ah wanted this baby from the man Ah love. Mah baby is mah responsibility, Vic. If Logan shows up in a few years and is clean with his fucking quest… Ah would never keep his child from him and if he is willing to be a part of his kid's life, Ah'll be the last one to refuse. …But Ah don't wanna chain him to me. He wouldn't be happy with staying with me, while his friggin' past might be out there and getting him antsy until he would leave one day and mah kid would have to cope with the loss of one parent. … Always asking if it was their fault their dad run away." Silent tears welled up in her chocolate eyes and rolled down her cheeks. "Neither can Ah bear the knowledge that Ah might wait three, four, maybe a decade before he returns to me and Ah had put a stop to mah life and mah wishes. Ah want mah baby now. From the man Ah love." Logan had been the only real family she had ever known in her life –well, some foster families were nice and tried to open up the quiet girl Marie had been, but they neither understood how lonely she felt nor did they really deeply care for her to make her feel better.

She was right when it came to his brother: Time didn't seem to mean anything to him, neither did a call from time to time. She would be old and gray till he would get his head out of his ass and figure out what was really important in life. "What you gonna tell the cub if it'll ask after its daddy?"

"The truth: That Ah loved their father with all mah heart, but he had had a bad accident in the past and needs to find out who he really is before he can move on. And that he doesn't know about me having his child… But that if he knew, he would surely return and love his kid." More tears ran down her flushed cheeks. "Until then, Ah'll give mah baby enough love for the both of us."

"A kid needs more than just love."

"Ain't like Ah don't know." She wiped her eyes - her vision was too blurry. "Ro had promised me a job as teacher at the institute. It would have been wonderful to raise mah baby there…" She saw his silent question. "For most people there Ah'm a traitor to our kind… Kids can be cruel, you know?" More tears welled up in her puffy eyes at the thought of her treatment there.

Silence stretched on and Victor didn't like to see this strong female cry – another uncharacteristic emotion for the mighty Sabretooth. "You just took what you wanted." He muttered after a while.

"It's just the way ya do things, Victor. Ya take what ya want." She rolled onto her stomach and folded her arms on his chest before resting her chin on them. "Ya would have taken me tonight with mah consent or without it."

"So you just gave in?"

"Nah. Ah wanted fun and ya wanted fun." She said with a playful grin. "Apart from that, most of the guys in the bar were – how would Logan put it – dicks or pansies." Victor's dark laughter rumbled in his chest beneath her. "Ah don't have a lot experience, but Ah guess sex with one of those jerks would have been … boring."

He didn't miss the twinkle of pure lust in her eyes and his hands wandered to her ass, his claws carefully scratching her alabaster skin. "You like to play with fire, eh?"

"Maybe…" She gave him a seductive gaze, batting her long lashes at him.

His eyes were darkening and his voice became huskier. "You could get burned, darlin'."

"But maybe it's worth the risk." Her delicate fingers run up and down his sideburns while her swollen lips drew closer to his.

X

Marie felt slowly strength return to her wobbly legs as she lay with her upper-body on the foot of her bed while she was still bent over after their second ride, panting hard.

Victor relished in the view of Marie's butt still being presented for him to fuck, but his conscience told him that he might have already overstayed his visit. "I havta go now." He murmured and staggered to his feet, looking for his shirt.

"What?" Marie glanced over to the digital clock on her nightstand. "Ya kidding me, Vic. Ah don't expect ya to stay till dawn but it's friddin' 7:30 PM!" She had turned around and suddenly she was flaring with energy, glaring at the mutant in disbelief.

Victor felt her piercing gaze follow him through the room. "What?"

"Does it turn ya off that Ah'm all willing and horny for ya?" She climbed on her bed and kneed on the sheets her arms crossed about her naked breasts. "Or am Ah that bad in bed?"

"Hell no! You're talkin' bull now, Marie." He snapped at her. "I already told you I have to leave early."

"Ah thought ya meant to leave early to find a fuck?" Her scowl darkened.

"No." The seriousness in his voice was impossible to miss. "I meant it."

Marie felt kinda hurt, she didn't want him to move in, but why is her second lover fleeing from her like Logan did? - No, Logan at least sated her desire and knocked her up, but Victor was about to leave her horny. "What? Do ya have an appointment to slaughter some drug dealer?"

Victor sighed and sat down on the bed to put his socks on. "Not tonight."

She wrapped her slender arms around his neck from behind and trailed hot kisses down his jaw line while caressing his hairy chest with her fingers. "C'mon."

The feral growled amused. "You're really needy, huh?"

"Blame it on the hormones if ya like, but Ah wanna be fucked right now!"

Victor chuckled and searched for his boxer shorts. "I need a shower really bad. I'm all sticky and bloody."

"Ya're one to talk! Ah'm the one with scratches all over the body! Yours are all healed already!" She had left a few marks of her own with her fingernails. "How about a quickie in the shower?" Marie hitched her brows in suggestion. "Ah always wanted to do it in the shower." She licked her swollen lips.

Victor stared at her, her need heavy in the air, his member hardening once again. 'Fuck! A few minutes won't hurt…' "Sounds like a plan, sweetheart." He picked her naked body up with a lustful growl – groping her ass - and began carrying her to the other room. "You know, I could get used to be begged for sex."

Chapter End Notes:

A/N:

Reviews are a wonderful thing! I hope you are all satisfied with the explanation of why Marie got herself pregnant.