A few students shifted uncomfortably in their seats when Logan stormed in the room with a peeved yet sullen look on his face. The clawed mutant rarely entered the library, and when he did, it was because he was looking for Marie. Everyone in the mansion agreed that the young woman had the Wolverine by the leash, and if she wanted to play tea party, the feral would oblige with a growl and ask where the scones were kept -shall I pour you another cup, my dear lady?

"Why, Logan, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Marie asked casually, regarding the tall, rugged man who stood in front of her table. He looked clearly out of place with his unruly hair and usual lumberjack get-up. Sexy, she thought helplessly, eyeing the fine chest hairs peaking from his wife-beater. When he just glared at her, she ignored her lusty thoughts and returned her attention to the book she was trying to read. "Never mind. I'm busy. Go back to your cave." She checked her wristwatch. "I'll look for you in an hour."

Logan didn't leave though. He gave her a look of disappointment and frustration. "Marie, why didn't you tell me?"

Of course she knew what he was talking about. Her skin. The gloves were still on out of habit. But Marie wasn't in a mood to discuss anything, so she turned another page. When he tapped his foot, she snapped. "What!? It's not like I promised to touch you once I gained control-"

"Yeah, but I did."

Months of therapy? Totally worth it, Marie thought, letting Logan kiss her like there was no tomorrow. A moan left her lips when his hands slid under her blouse to cup her breasts. Her book hit the floor. "Oh, sugar..."

"SILENCE!" The two paused in their tryst when Hank's thunderous voice echoed around them. They heard him take a deep, exhausted exhale. "I suggest that both of you take your celebration in the private quarters of your bedroom."

Everyone in the library sighed in relief when Logan and Marie reemerged from the secluded study area from the back with eager looks on their faces. Hand in hand, they made their way out to rush to their bedroom, although everyone could hear them laughing to themselves, clearly amused with how they've been caught, or rather, how Hank fell right into their trap.

Once out of earshot, Beast sighed loudly one more time when he noted Rogue's gloved hands. He, for one, understood Logan and Marie's fascination with role-playing, but they should really just leave his library alone. "They are getting to be very good actors, those two..."

The rest of the students agreed quietly.


Chapter End Notes:

Prompt: library, promise, control