Rogue turned into the TV room, where the new kid, David, sat reading a book. One hand held the book open on his lap, one hand cupped his cheek, and one hand lazily toyed with his long black hair.

"Hi, David," Rogue said. He looked up from his book and smiled.

"Hi. Rogue, right?"

"That's right." She leaned against the wall and crossed her gloved arms in front of her. "I'm looking for someone to go see Pirates of the Caribbean with me tonight. 7:45 show. You interested?"

David closed his book. He cocked his head at her. "Hmm… I've been looking forward to seeing that one." He looked at his watch. "I've got some homework to do, but I think I could pull it off."

"Great. I signed up for the car at 7:15. I'll just see you at the front door then?"

Suddenly David looked conflicted. He dropped his eyes to the book on his lap, tossed it up and down a little. Rogue raised her eyebrows.

"Rogue… Don't - I mean…" He leaned toward her a bit and lowered his voice. "Aren't you going out with that Logan guy? I don't want to get, you know… *clawed*." He smiled so she'd know he was half joking.

Rogue started laughing. She walked over and sat down in a chair across from David, shaking her head. She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, rested her cheek on one knee, and looked at him.

"I'm sorry, " he began, but she cut him off.

"No, no, that's okay. It's just - Well, there's just so many things wrong with what you just said…" She laughed again.

David laughed too, and set his book completely aside. "Okay, enlighten me," he said.

"Okay. Number one. Have you *met* Logan yet?"

David nodded.

"Well, does he look like he *goes out* with anyone? We're not talking dinner-and-a-movie date kinda guy, there. So it always makes me laugh when people say we're 'dating' or 'going out' or whatever. It's not like that."

"What's it like?" David asked, then actually blushed a little. "I mean, you don't have to tell me…"

Rogue grinned. "Logan and I are- …hard to put a label on. Most people don't really get it. We're just- we're just us. I… we…" She sighed and looked down at her feet. "Since I met him, I just *breathe* Logan," she finished. Then it was her turn to blush.

She straightened up and rolled her eyes at David. "Number two. There's no worry about getting *clawed*, silly. Logan wouldn't be jealous of me going to a movie with someone else, for pete's sake. Geezus - he's not like that. We do our own thing, you know? And anyone who was considering doing something that *would* make Logan jealous, well, they'd be wise to spend more time worrying about my skin than about my… Logan."

Rogue unfolded her legs and prepared to stand up. "Oh, and number, where are we, three?" She pointed a finger at David and said "I asked you to go to a movie with me, bud, not go parking or something. It's not like you're gonna get some."

"Whew! No beating around the bush for you, eh?" David feigned sadness. "Ah, well, I guess I would still like to go to the movie with you, even though it's just a platonic outing. I'll get over the heartbreak in time." He put two of his hands over his heart, one to his forehead in a fake swoon, then gave her a big smile.

Rogue headed for the door.

"See you at 7:15, David."

As she walked out into the hall, she almost bumped into Logan, who gave her a cocked eyebrow and a "Hey, sweet thing", touched her hair briefly and then sauntered into the room she had just left. As she started up the stairs, she heard the t.v. click on and flip a few channels to stop at the "Spongebob Squarepants" theme song.

*That* should help alleviate any fear of Logan left in David's mind. Rogue smiled to herself.