Author's Chapter Notes:
The four of them get a little introduction into what's expected of them. We get to see another side of Marie.
Within seconds Logan had shoved her behind him and let loose the claws. Before he even took a step his body locked up and he groaned. All Marie could do was sit there helplessly while he burned from the inside out. Eventually the convulsions subsided and Stryker, who had just stood there waiting the entire time, spoke.

“As you can see,” he started, “the bracelets you are wearing are controlled remotely to send you electric shocks if you do anything we don’t approve of. Deploying your claws Wolverine is one of those things.”

Logan had pulled himself up into a sitting position and growled at the use of his name. Marie reached out and smoothed her hands along his back trying her best to calm him. The bearded man continued on.

“The Weapon X Program is simply this: Wolverine you are a government created weapon sent out to handle things that go bump in the night that need to be taken care of. You and Cyclops are now the new Weapons at our disposal. We can’t lose you like we did last time, so your women will be held here and used to keep you in line. Let this be an example of what will happen if you don’t do as you’re told.”

Marie was prepared for it this time and managed only to grunt in pain when the electricity shot through her. She convulsed and writhed through the pain, barely feeling Logan’s hands on her and only registering his screaming and yelling as a part of the background noise. Again, when everything subsided, she was left in an exhausted and confused pile on the floor for a short while.

When she sat up, with Logan’s hands on her everywhere checking for injuries, she did so with a groan. Jean was just coming to a short distance away.

“Marie…” Logan said forcing all the emotion he had into that one word and brought her to him in a crushing hug.

“I’m fine Logan, I’m fine.” His hands shifted to her lower abdomen and she watched as he pressed his ear there for a moment, listening.

“You’re fine,” he breathed.

“I’m fine,” she replied.

Scott made a shushing sound at Jean and turned his attention toward Marie and Logan. His face was contorted in a mask of rage and frustration the look burned in his eyes along with a question. What can we do? It was still odd to her seeing Scott’s eyes, as brown as her own, without the protection of his glasses. He cradled Jean against him, rubbing her back and talking quietly to her.

***

Food came and they all ate at the table, then the lights above switched off and they settled into a restless sleep on the mattresses. The hours passed by and Logan and Scott became increasingly edgy as the time wore on. Marie herself had fallen into a fitful sleep wrapped in Logan’s arms, the warmth of his embrace and the safety she found there allowed her to forget their circumstances for just a little while.

It was only a few hours later, after Logan had fallen to sleep curled around her that Marie was pulled from her slumber. Logan was up in an instant crouched in front of her in a fighting stance, but no claws were seen.

The door banged against the wall with a clank and she jumped. Scott pulled Jean behind him and rose in a crouch that mimicked Logan’s. Marie met Jean’s eyes for a moment and both women came to a stand behind their men.

“Wolverine,” one of the guards called, “You’re up for a mission. Remember what’s at stake.”

Logan nodded, “Give me a minute.”

He turned to face Marie and pulled her to him in a hug. “Tell Jean, then tell the docs when they pull you out for a physical. I know they’ll wait until I’m gone to do it. Tell them, Marie. Let them know and it’ll keep you safe.”

She nodded and snuggled into the warmth of his chest, tears threatening to fall. She kept them at bay, not wanting his last look at her to see tears in her eyes.

“Come on, Mutie. We don’t have all day.” Logan responded with a growl and kissed her. It wasn’t a soft and gentle kiss; it was a hard and long one, Logan making his claim on her for the guards to see. His lips crushed her and his tongue dove deeply into her mouth. It was a kiss of passion, of possession, and of the special brand of love they shared between them. She growled low and deep in her chest, the feral part of her that had evolved from when she’d killed Logan on top of the Statue of Liberty rose in her mind. Her hands gripped his arms and she brought her hips into his. It ended to quickly, the guards low harrumph reminding them that they were waiting.

When he released her and walked toward the guards she growled again, this one deep and threatening. Logan growled in response, a sound that she interpreted as a reassuring gesture on his part. The door slammed closed behind them.

Marie, feeling a little feral and a little wild, paced back and forth across the room. Scott knew well enough to keep his distance but Jean, closer to Marie on a more intimate level, approached her friend.

“Rogue,” she finally called after having said Marie had gotten her nowhere, “You need to calm down and let Marie get back into control.”

She growled in response. “Mate. Gone. Angry.” Jean wasn’t sure if she could pull Marie back from under the protective embrace of her feral side. Rogue could be just as difficult to control as Wolverine if she choose to. Rogue gave Jean a look with her head cocked to one side. She was considering.

“Rogue, we need Marie right now. She needs to think through what’s going on and to be strong. You can’t hide her from the rest of the world or she’ll be weak.”

“Marie. Strong.” Rogue said with a growl. But there was a hesitation there that Jean had been counting on. Marie wouldn’t want to be considered weak and Rogue wouldn’t want her to either. After a few more moments of pacing, Rogue’s body language changed. Her steps because lighter and her shoulders more relaxed. She settled down on her mattress, the one that still smelled of Logan and sighed.

“Sorry about that. Sometimes it’s hard to get her to let go. But I’m here now.”
Chapter End Notes:
I enjoyed this chapter, though I struggled a little with what was going to happen. My favorite part was The Rogue coming out to play. I like to imagine sexy times between Wolverine and Rogue.

Generally I don't give the feral aspect it's own personality, but I wanted to this time. Tell me what you think!