Author's Chapter Notes:
Uh, more swearing in Romanian, Victoria hands Jean and Xavier smackdowns, Rogue and Logan explain how she ISN'T contradicting herself. Oh, and thank you GoodKarma for always reviewing honestly
Charles Francis Xavier was in a bit of a quandary. One of his students, Rogue, was practising hand to hand combat with another student, Wolfman, while a third person, not really a student, but not truly faculty ‘supervised’. By which he meant Victoria Russell, reportedly Wolfman’s mother and who went by the name
Scheherazade instructed them in better technique.

While the practise was not bad, the facts were thus: he had not approved Victoria, Scott was flipping out about inapproppriate instructors and other students wanted to join in. So far, only Piotr Rasputin had been allowed to join them. Not surprising since Rogue and the Russells ran several kilometres a day, and the Russian had the muscle to keep up.

All of this meant he had to try to cajole Victoria into including other students in the time she coached her three current students. To that end, he had scheduled an appointment with his fellow telepath, though they could easily have done this via telepathy. Charles had chosen to abstain from telepathic contact with Victoria since she found out Jean had been doing periodic sweeps of students’ minds.

The woman in question had gone absolutely postal, lunging across the dining room to tackle the taller woman, fangs descending in a feral snarl as she both physically and telepathically strangled the daylights out of the terrified Jean. Wolfman and Rogue had both reacted, Jackson restraining his mother while Marie ripped away the sobbing redhead.
Victoria had ‘pathed the information to her son, who had whipped around to roar at Jean

“How dare you! Telepathic sweeps of non-combatants who have put their trust in you? Where are your precious ethics? Where did you throw your honor? La dracu, you are a spoiled bitch!”

Rogue thrust the redhead away from her and spoke calmly, relieved Victoria had stopped thrashing

“Now, Jackson, no need to be brash. I’m sure Dr. Grey didn’t realize her control was slipping, and Professor Xavier will undertake harsh disciplinary action, won’t you, Professah?” The girl had spoken stonily, purring the last word in a perverse twist of her Southern Twang.

Shuddering, Xavier considered the points he needed to make. Victoria was the worst kind of vicious when it came to her charges, and he hadn’t needed to read her mind to know she would’ve ripped Jean’s throat out with her teeth if those same charges hadn’t stopped her.

A knock on his door jolted him out of his reverie.
“Come in.” He called, aware that it was probably Victoria, and that communicating verbally was probably for the best.

She sauntered in, leather halter top tucked into ass hugging jeans. It should have looked horrid, tucking a halter top of all things into the waistband of high-waisted jeans. But on her, it all looked like painted on window dressing. Like her students and brother, the woman was all muscle, and all kinds of delicious.

Using his arms, Xavier adjusted himself in his chair, wishing, for once in his life, that his paralysis prevented him getting such things as ‘boners’. Victoria’s smirk, knowing to the extreme, just discomfited him all the more.

Clearing his throat, the professor began
“Ah, yes, Victoria. Would you be willing to teach a hand to hand class? Self defense, perhaps?”
Eyebrow raised in an echo of her roguish older brother, she stated pleasantly

“I’ll teach whatever you want, within my skillset, so long as I get to pound telepathic ethics into every single person on campus.” He goggled at her.

“Every single one?” She smiled, a trace of malice in her eyes

“Oh yes, even you, Xavier. You see, as I have walked this planet for a hundred years, I have picked up something about telepaths, being one myself. I’ll just need to call someone for assistance in my Tp Ethics 101 seminar, then I’ll start training the rest of your runts. Ta.” She sauntered back out, grinning when she realized Rogue and Wolfman were already warming up, Colossus only a beat behind them.

AULD LANG SYNE

Having contacted her older brother, Victoria gathered her charges after dinner and sat them down for a Talk. Rogue sat straight, looking at her intently, while Colossus and Wolfman were both leaning forward on their elbows. Victoria smiled, tapping a hand to her temple, and receiving three nods, opened a telepathic channel that included all four of them.

‘Well, Xavier wants me to teach self defense. My condition on that is pounding telepathic ethics into everyone here. Anyone tell me why?’

Piotr tapped the table and broadcast tentatively
‘You want to punish Dr. Grey, for neglecting her oath, and you want to make both her and Xavier aware of the damage they can do. By doing it publically, it looks like you’re simply educating everyone on campus, but there’s a reason you want to humiliate them, especially Jean’ Victoria nodded, tilting her head when Rogue tapped the table

‘The humiliation will ensure this is set in their memories, but you want to humiliate Jean for another reason. What is it?’ Jackson snorted, not bothering to signal his intent, simply burst out

‘That bitch cock teased Uncle last time he was here!’ His mother shot him a look of acid reproach, reprimanding him sharply

‘Jackson, don’t make me pull your father off duty to teach you simple discipline. You know there are rules to telepathy for a reason.’ Nodding sheepishly, Jackson quietly listened as his mother outlined the plan for the telepathy seminar and hand to hand lessons.

Rogue was told to handle the boys reconditioning, Piotr to handle the girls, and Jackson was assigned an extra week of patrols for time to reflect on his discipline. When he was ready to be the man he was, not the boy he’d been, his mother assured him, he would assist in the training.

AULD LANG SYNE

Rogue hated this part of being Victoria’s protégée. All the other woman had to do was cast big brown eyes at her- Logan’s eyes- and say in that piteous mewl
“…but kitten…” and then Rogue would do whatever she wanted.

So, that was how she ended up training the boys who wanted to know about hand to hand in how to optimize their bodies. Had she ever been that out of shape? Shaking her head, Rogue had to admit, Vic’s idea was genius. The boys wanted to impress her, and after Piotr’s offhand comment about how sexy a woman who could defend herself was, the girls were falling all over themselves to improve.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, Kitty Pryde was making eyes at more than a few boys. Oh, the other girls were too, but the main few for Kitty were Scott, Blandie (who, Rogue had learned, was actually Bobby), which, by the way, ew. Scott was with the bimbo telepath with octopus hands for control and Blandie was an ice maker straight out of some teen drama (as the quarterback or some such bull). The only one Kitty was making eyes at that Rogue even came close to approving was Piotr. Sweet, sensitive, protective Piotr. Muscular Piotr. Not that she’d tell Logan that she thought Piotr was hot (he is, but she’s more attracted to lean, hard won muscle and hazel eyes).

Anyway, Rogue had finished her Saturday morning run, had showered, ate and braided her hair, was now relaxing in the communal lounge, eyes closed as she listened to the others in her age group babble uselessly.

Bobby gazed at Rogue, as besotted as he had been since she got here. She was hot, her control on her skin erratic enough she usually wore gloves, and her strength burned in her eyes. He leaned over, and when he noticed her eyes were slitted, he bent in, hoping to kiss her, or talk to her, when he heard it. The rumble of an engine. Rogue’s eyes popped open, and she rolled to her feet, darting for the door. Curious, Bobby headed after her, hardly noting that the other occupants of the room had also followed.

The man he knew only as Wolverine strided in the door, opening his arms when Rogue hurtled toward him, holding her close as she carelessly wrapped her arms around him, giggling (Rogue! She never giggled with them) as he spun on his heel, hitching her up a little further into his arms.

AULD LANG SYNE

Bobby wasn’t the only one watching Rogue’s overjoyed welcome for the Wolverine. Jean was watching too, fascinated that Logan could be so gentle with the girl. In fact, she noted with interest, Rogue wrapped her arms around Logan’s waist when he set her down, which he did only when Victoria swept forward, claiming a hug from her brother on the side opposite Rogue. Wolfman and Colossus shared smirks and handshakes with the other man.

She was jealous, Jean realized. Rogue didn’t care what anyone thought, wearing tank tops that bared enough of her chest for Logan’s dog tags to gleam against pale skin, was so open in her happiness that he was around.

And then, in a story book moment, a man of Slavic descent walked through the door, causing Victoria to shriek in surprise, leaping away from her brother to enfold the new man with Jackson’s face and hair and build in her arms. With a laugh, the man lifted her up for a sensual kiss, hands under her butt, breaking apart a few moments later so Jackson could step in to hug his parents. Laughing himself, Jackson gestured his father upstairs, obviously so they could carry on their reunion, Jack kissing Victoria’s temple before whisking
her away, giggles trailing them.

Rogue kissed Logan’s cheek, giggling herself when met with stubble.

“Come on Sugar, I bet you’re starved.” He wiggled his eyebrows at her, and she burst out laughing, retorting

“For food, you goof!” Logan smiled a little, himself, but paid more attention to tucking her against his side than Jean, Scott, Ororo, Hank, or the students.
Jackson and Piotr ambled after the bantering pair, sniggering when Rogue bossed Logan a bit.
Shaking her head, Jean went down to the labs, sure that while Victoria wouldn’t ‘leak’ thoughts, Jack would.

AULD LANG SYNE

Drifting between sleeping and waking, Marie in his arms, his past squared away and belly full, Logan was contented in a way he hadn’t been in a long time. It certainly helped that his armful of Southern Belle was cuddling against him.

A scent hit his nose. Damn, his nephew had bad timing. Opening an eye, he grunted.
Jackson shrugged

“Which order do you want this? Patrol, sitrep, training, or…” He trailed off, nodding when Logan closed his eyes and grumped

“Sitrep, train, patrol.” Clearing his throat, Jackson began, in a subvocal tone only Logan would catch

“Reporting, Jackson James Russell, codename Wolfman. Time since last report: seventy one point three hours. Item one: Piotr Nikolaivich Rasputin, codename Colossus, has completed the necessary protocols to patrol alone, as has Anna Marie D’Ancanto, codename Rogue. Item two: follow up to incident report. Victoria Grace Russell, Codename Scheherazade has decreed full psionic lessons for all.” When Logan just grunted, Jackson smirked and saluted, walking away with a spring in his step.

AULD LANG SYNE

The largest gathering area had been utilized for what promised to be a quick, simple telepathy lesson, complete with a Jean smackdown of epic proportions. Rogue was quite looking forward to Victoria tearing a strip off the cocky telepath, having had to endure assurances Logan was gone for good, for months on end.
Jackson was just interested in watching his Mom be amazing. Although, he thought with a grimace, being able to smell his fathers’ arousal was kind of embarrassing.

As the students chattered, Victoria walked into the room, taking center stage with ease, her silky purple caftan lending her an air of mystery. Once at the front of the room, she faced the assemblage and snarled so loudly all three of her family members winced.
Smile poison sweet, Victoria began

“Some of you, are simply ordinary people able to do extraordinary things. Others will stand and fight when they must. Still more are programmed, shaped into specific things. I-” She paused, glaring at them all suspiciously, continuing after a moment

“Am a child of violence, trained for combat decades
before any of you were born, before your beloved professor was even knee high to grasshopper. My mutations are saber teeth, inherited from my father, and Alpha level combat telepathy, inherited from my mother. I can teach you martial control, how to use your psychic power, I can even teach you to fight. Unlike Professor Xavier or Dr. Grey, I refuse to teach sniveling, dishonorable idiots.” Sneered, the titles sounded more like epithets. Victoria’s eyes were a little bit mad. She hissed

“The very definition of pure is this: without extraneous and unnecessary elements. Grey and Xavier are pure telepaths, have never willing used their power to kill. I have, and that is why I am a combat telepath: I will use my power to take action to reduce, destroy or prevent an undesirable outcome. The difference, is that while I will use it for combat, I do not, will not, use my telepathy without individual permission. Every telepathic ‘switch’, ‘trigger’ and ‘trapdoor’ I have EVER inserted into anyone, was inserted with their consent.” Glaring at Xavier, she snapped one last sally at him

“Even a psychic rewrite, I would not take without consent of the person being rewritten, no matter their age.” Shots spent, she whirled on Jean.

“Grey! What possible purpose did scanning the students have?” She waited a beat, leaning into the other womans’ face, snarling

“Absolutely none! You betrayed their trust, essentially raped the minds of dozens, for what? Your ego?” Chest heaving, the small, feral female whispered

“You are very lucky I am a principled combatant, Jean Grey, or I would return to you your harm a hundredfold.”

Rolling her shoulders, Victoria barked

“There is a pile of reading material on the chair by the door. Read it, think about the contents, and if you want me to train you, be outside at dawn in seven days.” Spinning on her heel, she marched out of the room, Jack on her tail.

Turning to Logan, Rogue murmured

“She’s still pissed about the Jean thing. But she’s right. I know she planted telepathic junk up in my head, she asked me, explained what it was for.” He nodded, squeezing her close before replying

“I know, she did the same before the adamantium stuff, but it hid itself because I was in so much pain.”
Shivering, Marie slipped beneath Logan’s jacket, so that the only thing between her and his chest was his wifebeater. His arms tightened, her shields slipping enough that he picked up her distress.

‘There, sweetheart, I’m alright now.’ The mental caress
was all she needed to relax, even though she took the opportunity to curl deeper into his chest.

AULD LANG SYNE

Xavier studied Rogue and Logan, was surprised to see a moment of telepathy pass between them. Somehow, he’d thought quiet, confident Rogue would end up with Wolfman or Colossus, hoped it’d be Bobby, not Wolverine. Yet… if he was reading this correctly, she was happier this past day or so than she’d been previously.

Obviously, he had some thinking to do. Scott would not be happy about this.
Chapter End Notes:
A/N:
-LA DRACU: FUCK (ROMANIAN)
-DEFINITIONS FROM GOOGLE.
-ABOUT THE BONER: DEPENDING ON THE SEVERITY/AREA OF INJURY, PARALYZED MEN CAN IN FACT, HAVE BONERS. FOR SOME REASON, NOT MANY PEOPLE EXPLORE XAVIERS SEX LIFE. O.O BUNNIES. RAVENOUS, FLESH EATING BUNNIES. OPINIONS ON ROGAN, WITH SIDES OF POSTPARALYSIS!CHAVEN, KIOTR AND SOMEONE FOR DEADPOOL, ANYONE?