Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey kittens! Gotcha a surprise- 2 chapters! But no Magister II yet, sorry- so, it'll be a teeny, itty bit awkward, 'cause we're getting into the fucking. The transitions will be strange, because Obstrepat comes after Artem Seductione, but I'm posting them in the order they were written. As to Obstrepat, Ava Ayala and Daniel Rand (White Tiger and Iron Fist) are from the Ultimate Spiderman, I didn't include a man for Black Widow because I haven't seen Avengers. Obstrepat is also kind of a crossover from my DC fic 'Underhill' in that it mentions characters from it. About ROGAN smut- I haven't started in on the smut cause I'm still deciding how to go about the KIOTR, VACK, DAMBIT, DANESSA and a Jackson storyline.
This was it. Do or die. She knew it, he knew it, and they all knew it. Rogue studied the other women at the table. The ‘Roaring Wildcats’ affectionately nicknamed the Married Ladies Club of S.H.I.E.L.D., were at that critical point. Other than Nick Fury, every person at the table was a woman. Behind them stood their S.H.I.E.L.D. husbands. Behind Nick was a nervous looking black woman. To his right, sat Victoria Creed Russell (Scheherazade), Anna Marie D’Ancanto (Rogue) and Katherine Pryde (Shadowcat). To his left sat Vanessa Desharm (the as yet unchristened Mrs. Deadpool), Daniella du Lac (also unnamed, other than as ‘Mrs. Gambit’) and Ava Ayala (White Tiger). Of the men standing sentinel near the wall, Marie noticed, only Daniel Rand (Iron Fist) seemed nervous, resting his hands on Ava’s shoulders.

Logan was leaning against the wall behind her, between his brother-in-law Jack, and their shared protégé, Piotr Rasputin. No one, she noted with a touch of relief, was being grouchy about the fact that Danny was hovering over Ava. The women, she surmised, were already making allowances for the ‘baby’ of their squad, and the men approved of the fact Danny obviously trusted Ava, but didn’t want her hurt, either.

Turning her attention back to Fury, she tensed when Logan moved to hover over HER. Tamping down her desire to kick him, she listened to Fury go on about being part of S.H.I.E.L.D., about identities. Casting her gaze about, Rogue mentally noted to give Logan an especially sweet time tonight. He might be on edge, but at least he was just standing close. Jack had clasped Vic's nape with one large hand, Piotr had scooped Kitty into his lap, and Deadpool had leaned over Vanessa's back to drape himself over her shoulders. Gambit, interestingly enough, had crawled under the table to rest his face in Dani's stomach, arms tight around her midsection.

Even Jackson, notorious for keeping an even keel, was nervous. Rogue wasn't surprised though, that he kept his mother in sight at all times. He'd grown up knowing his mother was a soldier, watched her train endlessly, and he had helped test her own trainees. But now? The time was at hand to decide: should the Roaring Wildcats become a reality?

Gods, but Rogue wanted this. Wanted the chance to make a name for herself, not as an X-man, but as a soldier in her own right. She knew Victoria was itching for action, that Dani and Vanessa wanted to try, knew Ava and Kitty were raring for the same chance she was. But, see, each and every woman, ready to suit up, ready to fight, who sat at that table was loved. Totally, completely loved. Clearing her throat, Victoria interrupted Fury

“I know myself, as do my former disciples. My name is Victoria Grace Russell, my code name is Scheherazade.” Neither Rogue nor Kitty disputed her right to the title they’d both earned, in sweat and blood, after all, this was the woman who’d given it to them. Knowing her turn was next, Rogue shifted and declared

“As one of Vic’s former disciples, I, too, know myself. Marie Scheherazade Howlett, codename Rogue.”
Kitty cleared her throat, looking firm even as she
gripped Piotr’s hand. She declared fiercely

“Katya Scheherazade Rasputina. Shadowdance.” Across from Katya, Ava smiled, resting a hand on Danny’s paler one, speaking clearly

“Ava Awilda Rand, White Tiger.” Dani smirked, carding her fingers through a tense Gambits’ hair before drawling

“Daniella Lebeau. Scheme.” Vic nodded, as did Rogue. It was a fitting name for the natural tactician. That just left…

“Vanessa Wilson. Radio.” More nods, a good name indeed for a communication telepath.

Matters settled, they waited for Fury to give them their first assignment. He cleared his throat, gazing uneasily at the men before explaining.

“In order to establish your credibility as heroes, or soldiers of S.H.I.E.L.D., if you prefer, we have contacted the Justice League to have our finest women square off against theirs. Black Widow will join you, as she will work with you on occasion.” Nodding, Victoria asked calmly

“So, will she be our Captain?” Fury shook his head

“No, she’ll be an ally, like Gambit and Deadpool to the Howling Commandoes. Unless there are objections, Scheherazade will Captain, and choose her own second. I have no doubt, however, about her competence.” Nodding, the other women turned to their men, eager to hear their view.

Rogue
She twisted around, grinning when she saw the conflict of pride and worry in Logan’s features. He didn’t doubt her, she knew. But he was her mate and he loved her and a variation of this was playing out all along the table, the men freaking that their women were in a rush to get hurt. Not that they were, she consoled herself easily, but even the hesitant to be violent Daniella had taken Vic’s harsh advice: learn the choices he has to make. Understand him without losing yourself. He loves you, so don’t be afraid to ask him for help. Learn to ask for his help and support, because chances are he doesn’t know how to give it. Be specific. Love him with all you’ve got. In the process, they’d learned, they had a natural skillset that complemented the others, had learned to work together. Now they would be a team.

Justice League
Batman was staring out at the young vigilantes, feeling a little bit smug. He knew this ‘Glamour Slam’ Fury had suggested would get his females asses kicked, but that was growth. Most of Fury’s women were ruthless, beloved of hard edged men, broken men. Like his Selina, smart and motivated and strong. He wouldn’t put Selina in the battle. Not that it would risk her- she sparred with Vic Russell often enough to survive anything S.H.I.E.L.D. threw at her- but Fury liked Selina, liked her enough to want to poach her to his team. But Bruce was just as ruthlessly possessive as Jack and his brother Logan, so Selina would come, cheer on the girls she liked, but neither she nor Babs or Adalanta or his daughters would take part.

Halting on a platform above them, he called
“Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Vixen, Miss Martian, Zatanna, Artemis and Black Canary, please report to the meeting room.”

He walked away, sinking into his chair at the head of the table to brief them once they were seated.
“Nick Fury phoned me. Apparently he’s launching an all-female team, and to establish what they can do, he wants a glamour tournament against League women. It will be in two weeks, Diana, Vixen, you’ll train together, most likely you’re facing Black Widow and Scheherazade respectively. Miss Martian, Zatanna, you’ll train together, and most likely you’ll be facing Rogue and Shadowdance. Artemis, Black Canary, you’ll train together and you’ll probably face Scheme and Radio.” He paused, turning to the woman who was watching him warily from her rightful place. Gentling his tone, Bruce instructed

“You’ll likely be facing White Tiger, Shayera, so Selina will train with you. Addy and the girls promised to cooperate fully, so we’d like you to be our guest at the Cave.” He doesn’t miss the jealousy in Diana, the envy in the younger girls’ eyes at the offer of better training, but he ignores it. Both he and Selina like Shayera, as does Addy, and after she saved Jason, saved Wally, there is little Bruce won’t do for his daughter in law.

Two Weeks Later, ‘Glamour Slam’
Rogue couldn’t believe it. The Roaring Wildcats had won every round, Black Widow taking out Vixen as Scheherazade slammed Wonder Woman sideways, Black Canary and Artemis holding their own but still falling to Scheme and Radio, herself and Shadowdance serving up a nice cold dish of humiliation for the overconfident Martian/Magician pair. White Tiger was facing Hawkgirl now, and from the looks of it, this match would end in a draw. Not bad for rookies at a charity event.

Once it was over, Rogue was pulled over to meet Selina Kyle Wayne, her family and Hawkgirl. Ava was probably boiling in her mask, so when Danny wrapped an arm around her and dragged her away, the RWs just giggled and waved.

A warm, solid arm came around her then, a feather light touch at the very edge of her mind. Knowing both were Logan, checking just to be sure, she simply melted into him, body and mind.

Did it still surprise him, she wondered, how easily, warmly she welcomed him? Silly man, she thought fondly.