The prison break had been, for the most part, a success. Of course, everybody wanted to kill Erik for various reasons, but they had managed to reach the airfield without bloodshed.

Logan slammed the car door and froze, sniffing the air. The scents were unmistakable - the salt of tears and Victor Creed. He ran suddenly toward the jet, taking the steps three at a time to get to Marie. He found her alone, curled up in a leather seat with a glass of whiskey in her shaking hands.

“What happened, Marie?” He knelt beside her and stroked her hair.

“He was looking for you.” she sniffed “I told him everything.”

“Everything?” he raised an eyebrow and she nodded.

“About the labs and the wars and sending me back.” She looked at him then, eyes shining with unshed tears. “I think he went after Stryker.”

“Shit.”

“What's wrong?” Charles asked, tossing his jacket onto a chair as Hank readied the jet for take off.

“My brother.” Logan rumbled “I have to go after him.“ He kissed Marie's hair and stood, giving giving Charles a rather stern look. “Stay with her.”

“Right.” he took the seat opposite her and held her shaking hand.

“He doesn't go anywhere near her.” Logan pointed to Erik, idling by the door.

“Well, are we coming or going?” he smiled, eyeing Logan as he stepped closer.

“You're going to sit there.” he growled, pointing to a seat behind the cockpit. “You won't move, you won't talk to anybody, and maybe you'll make it out of this in one piece.”