Story Notes:
Trying to shake this writer's block funk. *sigh* Totally recommend the old site's challenge generator. I had lotsa fun with it lol.
Author's Chapter Notes:
As always, inspired by a fabulous song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kr-OGiqzUs&list=RD7kr-OGiqzUs&index=1
The first time I missed my powers... I...

It doesn't matter. He isn't coming back. It was never me that he loved.

My story has no hero. No happy ending. Just… what I remember.

If lay it all out there, if I’m finally honest with myself... maybe I can figure out how I got here.

How I fell so far, and so hard, and how it was basically the same damn thing.

I can't cry. How can you cry over something you always knew to be true? The grief... I can hide it. Behind a smile. That's biting back a scream, with all my might. Anger grants me that little bit of strength. But it’s fragile. And fragile things can be broken. Like me.

These... are my pieces.

I don’t know if you can ever be put back together again after something like that.

But I do know, I’ll never be the same.
Chapter End Notes:
I just had this idea awhile back and thought I'd play with it. Idk if I'll continue this or not... Thoughts? Hate mail. Whatever. Feedback is hoped for and appreciated.