In the month they'd been back at the mansion, this was the first time Rogue had made her way to the lower levels. She disliked the sleek walls, echoing halls and medical lab spaces. With no powers, there was no need to use the underground facilities at all. There were codes for her 'just in case', but she hadn't found a reason to be there. 
 
Apparently, there were still more labs and secret camps than previously thought. Logan had been gone a little over two weeks and she wanted to see him.  He would want to know that she was fine after surviving on her 'own', she wouldn't tell him about the sleepless nights. She only wanted to see the reassuring smile he'd have for her. 
 
He heard her step off the elevator, her scent wafting down the hall ahead of her. Usually, she waited for him to find her but he hadn't been away this long and he had to wonder how things went to drive her down to see him. He was on edge, adrenaline still coursing through his body; he liked to let it run out before he sought to be with Marie.  
 
Right now, the need to claim her rough and hard was too close to the surface. He'd been gone too long and needed to reassure himself that she was still his as his scent on her had faded. The adrenaline began to flow and he knew he wouldn't be able to hold back. He thought he would wait until the need abated to a more controllable level, but her presence didn't give him that option. 
 
All Logan's senses were filled with her and her need. He could feel the lust trying to overtake him. A growl rose in his chest and he spared her a glance. "Leave."
 
The carnal need lay heavy in his eyes and she understood why he wanted to send her away. She also knew that no matter what, this had to be dealt with before it created a chasm between them. "No."
 
He didn't look at her again, but she saw him work the muscles in his jaw and repeatedly clench his fists, trying to drain some of the built-up aggression. Walking over to him she placed herself between him and the lockers, brushing her hand across his bare chest. "Need you."
 
His eyes darkened if that was even possible, and he gave the last warning he could. "Marie," he ground out. 
 
The need in his voice made the heat pool between her thighs. She remembered him inhaling sharply before suddenly being grabbed and spun around so she was pinned to the wall. With no time to brace herself, she was unprepared for his forceful advance. 
 
Logan's mouth was demanding, stealing her breath away. His hands were sharp and hard, his undone belt buckle crushed the soft skin of her belly. She felt the panic rise and her automatic response to push all her feelings down, to bury them like she had back in the lab. As if sensing it, he pulled back, the self-loathing plain on his face and in the way his body slumped away from her. 
 
This had been what he'd been dreading. He would force her back into the shell she had once hidden in. That his lack of control would drive her away, his thoughtlessness would damage the parts of herself she'd cobbled back together. It would be best to walk now before he left a path of destruction in his wake. 
 
Successfully pushing the panic to the side she seized his waistband, afraid he'd leave. She knew now she wasn't a rogue; she'd looked up the definition when they came to the mansion and if she'd ever been any of those things, she wasn't any longer. 
 
She was simply Marie. Logan's Marie. That's who she wanted to be. He'd navigated his way back after having his humanity stripped, he'd be willing to help her overcome the loss too. 
 
"Stay," she pleaded. She could, no she would find a way around her insecurities. They'd been together this long, she didn't want to throw in the towel without trying. He deserved that much for all she'd put him through. 
 
His eyes focused on her, letting some of his tension and disgust with himself drain. She wasn't hiding away her emotions and her panic was mostly gone. If she was willing, he could work on his self-control for her. 
 
"Careful?" she inquired. She'd begun paying attention to her body's natural patterns again, but his heightened senses were always more accurate. It would be a time like this when they'd forget and have other issues to deal with later. 
 
Shaking his head slightly to clear it, he inhaled deeply of her scent to double check. They needed to be practical about things if they were going to proceed. 
 
She watched him focus, nostrils flaring, lip curling in satisfaction and for the first time she could remember a thrill went up her spine. The realization struck her that this was more than a relationship about comfort or feeling good. She also admitted she wasn't ready to deal with that yet. 
 
"No." Logan's firm answer brought her back to the situation at hand and how to deal with their desire without sending her into a panic. The logical first step was to take the edge off.
 
He already had his boots off and his pants unzipped, so it was simple enough to push them down as she slid down the wall. His cock jutted out proudly and after tossing his pants on the bench, she took him in her mouth. Kneeling down for better balance, she began to move her tongue around the head. 
 
Breathe, he needed to breathe. In the months they'd been together Marie had paid particular attention to what he liked during sex and this was no different. She knew exactly what he liked, from the way she tugged his balls to scrapping her teeth lightly on the underside of his shaft. At least maybe if he passed out from this, it would calm the need coursing through his veins. 
 
The tension was building at the base of his spine; he tried not to move but she grabbed his ass compelling him to move in time to her mouth. If she was trying to dull his need, this wasn't working. He spared her a glance only to find her warm brown eyes studying his face. 
 
It wasn't his undoing, but that breath he needed was. He inhaled deeply filling his lungs with the scent of her desire. She refused to let him pull away and he felt her swallow as he started to come.
 
Leaning heavily on the wall for support, he grappled with the urge to make this about him. For a moment he blocked his senses, letting him regain his control. He opened his eyes to her swollen lips holding her crooked little smile. No, this was definitely about them. 
 
Her fingers were already fumbling with the small buttons down the front of her shirt. He wanted nothing more than to pop the claws and slice through her clothing, to pin her up against the wall and pound into her. The appearance of her scars peeking through the opening of her shirt reminded him again to be gentle.  
 
Rogue could feel his desire reigniting, the tension building as if he were watching a show in slow motion when he knew the ending. This scared her in a different way. He wanted her, desired her when he could have any of the women living under the mansion's roof. It was something that had always been there but the adrenaline heightened it and he wasn't ashamed to let it show.
 
It was obvious he was struggling with the pace she was setting. He reached out skimming his hand up her side to cup a breast before leaning in and taking a nipple into his mouth. Audibly she gasped which she knew would only spur him on. He'd already unfastened her pants and was pushing them down. 
 
By the time he'd kneeled down to rid her of her shoes, his movements were swift and decisive. She needed reassurance. "Slow."
 
It wasn't really a command, but he nodded in acknowledgment of what she required.  After that his actions became deliberate, almost telegraphing his next move so she knew what he was planning. He added her pants to the growing pile of clothes and decided on a course of action he wouldn't normally take with the adrenaline high he was on. Lifting her leg, he hooked it over his shoulder and began a series of open-mouthed kisses up her inner thigh. Marie was normally rather quiet during sex partially out of necessity before they arrived at the mansion, but now she seemed to want to let him know how he was affecting her. 
 
She could feel the constant rumble emitting from Logan's chest reverberating through her. He was flooding her with sensations from the maddeningly slow pace she had asked for. The tickle of his facial hair and the leisurely way he drew his tongue across her clit caused her to make small throaty sounds. They weren't loud; she knew only he heard them but that was her intended target. 
 
Winding her fingers into his wild hair she let herself drift with the sensations. Nearing the edge, she moved her leg and pulled his head back and away from her body. "With you."
 
The rumble turned into a growl when she interrupted his ministrations, yet he willingly kissed his way up her body as he stood. Carefully he lifted her up to cradle his hips with her heat, cautiously pushing into her. Without pausing he set a rhythm that made her moan. He made sure his grip was no tighter than necessary, firm but not crushing, encompassing her with his arms.  
 
She was watching him again, intently digging her fingers into his biceps as he kept to his slow torturous pace, grinding into her every time. He held her gaze until she closed her eyes and exposed her neck to him. The urge to bite down and mark her was hard to resist, but he compensated by tracing her jugular as it thrummed underneath the flat of his tongue.
 
"It's okay," she panted out, his rhythm keeping her right on the precipice. He growled, shaking his head no. 
 
Marie knew he was fighting deep-seated instincts for her comfort. She didn't have the presence of mind to argue, instead; she guided his mouth back down to her neck. Bared teeth skidded down the column of her neck until his hot mouth found a resting place. The pressure he exerted made her light-headed, she forgot her earlier request and let herself succumb to the pleasure. 
 
Holding her still with his teeth, making sure that he didn't leave a lasting mark, he plunged into her. He was confident of his staying power until she called out his name as she convulsed around him. All the self-control, the slow rhythmic pace, came to an end as it exploded outward leaving him gasping for breath. 
 
He rested his sweaty forehead on her shoulder, listening to her heartbeat gradually return to normal. It surprised him that she made no move to disengage from him, rather she relaxed into him. Her hands smoothed down his neck and back in light caressing touches.
 
She made a small noise he couldn't classify. When he backed away letting her slide down the wall, he caught her smile. It hadn't been a laugh by any means but she'd definitely found something amusing and he raised an eyebrow. 
 
"Shower?" she asked, averting her eyes a little. 
 
"You want to shower with me?" He needed the clarification before he let his mind race off with ideas. She nodded, a light pink shading her cheeks. Well, he'd be damned she was blushing. He took her hand and led her toward the showers, best take advantage of this while she was in the mood.