Author's Chapter Notes:
I've had close to a thousand story views since this fic went up which is crazy. I can't even think of how many people that are reading, favoriting and following my story and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their amazing support. (Special shout out to Identityless for their awesome reviews, you really helped me push through my block.)

This is the last chapter and although it was my hardest yet, I loved writing it. I'm anxious to hit that complete button for the first time. I hope this doesn't disappoint.
The death toll, in the end, was huge. There were no words to describe how Logan felt that so many had to die, that so much blood had been spilt that night. But he'd let it all happen again in a heartbeat to know the girl was safe.

He'd ended up moving her to a secure location over the Canadian border. The professor, one of the only surviving members of the original team apart from Storm, helped finance their get away. He thought they could both do with a quiet, peaceful life from now on.

It took a long while before she spoke again, before she could trust again. After the incident, she was skittish, afraid of the slightest touch. Logan didn't blame her. Sucking the life out of such an evil, corrupt man must have consumed her mind. But she was stronger now, she could fight it.



Slowly, the months wore on and she started to revert back to her normal self. She would cuddle up to Logan every night, his warmth and security keeping the nightmares at bay. Her pale skin took on some color over the summer, turning it a pale golden color. Logan thought it suited her.

He found her in the garden one day, painting. The sun shone brightly but there was a distinctive chill in the air. Autumn was coming.

Marie had recently developed a particular fondness for pink clothing but today had dressed in a black and white striped t-shirt and denim cut-offs. The furry throw from the couch was wrapped around her shoulders, giving her the appearance of a small bear from afar.

As he approached, Logan heard Marie humming faintly, a tune she'd heard on the radio. They were always tuned into "blast from the past" on 209.8 and she was fond of the ones with the most annoying catchy chorus.

"That looks good baby." He rumpled her hair and she turned her face up to smile at him. It really was quite good. She's painted the view from their back garden; a stream running through long grass, wildflowers dotted all about. She'd always loved flowers after being in Storms garden.

Logan took a moment to think about Storm, the Professor and all the people who'd given their lives to protect this one special girl. Jean had lost her life for Marie. Although thinking about it, they wouldn't have been in that mess if she hadn't thrown herself at him.

No! He couldn't blame her for this. Jean really wasn't a bad person. She may have been a little misconstrued but she ultimately had her heart in the right place.

"Logan?" a small voice pulled him out of his thoughts. Marie stood and hugged him tight and he pulled her head onto his chest. She knew him well enough now to know what he was thinking. She reached up on tip toes and kissed Logan gently on the mouth. He tasted just as he smelt, smoky leather and whiskey.

It was a sweet gesture, nothing sexual about it. She didn't understand sexual yet. He wanted to keep their love pure until he was sure she was ready.



As cold as the day before was, this one was hot. It seemed they were in for a mini heat wave before the summer was truly done for the year.

In the kitchen, Marie stood in her panties and one of Logan's gigantic t-shirts making ice cream. He was watching her from the counter across. She reached up to the cupboard for another bowl, exposing a few inches of creamy skin. The etched numbers that used to be there had completely faded and Logan found himself wondering if her bad memories were fading too.

It came to his attention there were so many things she hasn't experienced or didn't remember experiencing. He'd discovered her love for sweets a few months ago and couldn't believe she'd never had ice cream.

Once it had chilled, Logan watched Marie scoop it into bowls before joining her on the sofa. The chocolate ice cream was soft and aerated in the bowl; she'd been too impatient to allow it the whole churning time. She raised the spoon to her lips and took a lick.

"What do you think baby?"

"Mmm!" she replied, taking another bigger lick from the back of the spoon. Logan watched her little tongue poke in and out of her mouth as she ate, feeling again a strange emotion. He thought about what that tongue would taste like once it had been coated in ice cream, what that cold tongue would feel like on his hot skin.

Her fingers had sticky layer and Logan felt an urge to lick them clean. He picked up her hand, placed a finger in his mouth and sucked. She giggled.

"Can't have you have dirty fingers now, can we?" she shook her head, trying to keep the giggles in with her other hand. Logan moved in closer, captivated by her smile. She had such a beautiful, radiant smile.

He was so close Marie could see every whisker on his face in great detail. She closed her eyes and felt those whiskers brush against her cheek and then, ever so faintly, across her lips. This was where she felt safe. She could close her eyes and trust him.



There was a cry of panic from the bathroom. Logan came rushing in to find the Marie hugging her knees to her chest on the floor. There was a red streak from the toilet to where she sat trembling.

This was something Logan hadn't anticipated. After all, she was so malnourished for such a long time and that sort of thing would damage a girl badly. He wondered how his sensitive nose hadn't picked up on her ovulation.

But here they were. His healing ability must have healed every part of her. How was he going to explain this to her? Logan bent down in front of her and tried.

"You know where babies come from?" he felt like an idiot. Marie nodded, unsure what he was trying to say.

"Right of course you do.. well for a woman to be able to have a baby, she needs to be fertile. When she is fertile she will bleed once a month.." Marie suddenly understood.

"Oh." Was all she said. She sat there on the floor and then she slowly smiled at Logan, no longer afraid. She knew this meant she was healthy and that was good because it made Logan happy. All she wanted was for him to be happy.



The bedroom was warm and cozy as the storm blew outside. The logs crackled comfortingly in the grate and Marie let out a contented sigh. She lay naked across his chest, twirling pieces of chest hair between her fingers. Logan was watching her face, eyebrows knitted together in concentration. Her fingers ran down his torso, cool and pale against his dark skin, oblivious to his needs.

He knew she didn't understand what she was doing to him. The light tracing patterns, falling lower and lower were just a game to her. She was copying what he would do to calm her but everything below his waist was tight, less than calm. The Wolverine was still in there but he could suppress it for as long as he had to.

Marie's hand ran down under the blankets, out of Logan's sight. She gasped and withdrew her hand swiftly. She'd accidentally knocked his arousal.

"It's okay." He whispered to her in a hoarse voice. She lifted the edge of the blanket to take a peak. For once, he didn't know what was going through her brain. She wouldn't understand.



She lay crushed against his side, leaning into his large calloused hand as gently rubbed her skin, baby soft in comparison. Down her back, over her rounded hip, stroking in long, slow sweeping movements. Over her breast, which had filled out quite pleasantly. She lavished his attention, light sighs escaping her lips. This was for her, Logan would not think about himself.

He rolled her over, kissing her face, neck, chest. Stomach. He felt her hold in a breath, unsure how to react. An emotion she did not recognize bubbling to the surface. He stroked her belly to calm her, trailing his lips softly further south. She let out a whine and he stopped immediately, hands falling back to a gentle caress.



He was whispering to her, that she was beautiful, that she was his, trailing his hands over her soft body. He needed her, his body shaking with self-control. She lay, content with her head on his chest, listening to his voice and beating heart and turned her mouth up towards his. His lips grazed her open mouth, then tongue tasting the slick, delicate skin inside.

Again he rolled her over, holding her close, kissing every inch of her slowly. So smooth, so delicate. So different to what he was used to but he kinda liked it. Different in a good way. Again he reached her lower belly and she froze, afraid of what this unexplored territory would hold.

Logan looked up to see her dark liquid eyes gazing calmly into his, trusting. He drew his finger along the silky skin between her legs, surprised as the slickness he found there. Gentle fingers rubbed, she quivered against him, reveling in pleasure she didn't understand. Tears leaked out from the corners of her eyes, tears of bliss.

She bucked into his hand once, twice, before all her muscles became lax. Languid limbs fell back to the mattress. He kissed her open lips sweetly, then her eyelids, the inside of her elbows, the backs of her knees, her feet. He whispered how much he loved her. And nuzzled her until she fell asleep.



She, cold sat across him, his hands on her lower back, so large they spanned her. For the first time in his life, he wished he wasn't so well endowed. He wanted to make this good for her. It didn't matter about his own needs.

He laid her on her back, kissing her with a new intensity but still soft. Her mouth still tasted of ice cream and delicious. He pushed into her, slowly slowly, stretching into this new experience. Looking down into her eyes so he could know she was okay.

"Logan?" she breathed against his skin.

"Yes sweetheart?" he halted, afraid of what he might have done. Afraid she would ask him to stop. He was trembling with the effort to not let go, to hold on until she was ready.

She bit her lower lip as he rocked. Tiny, miniature movements that made her catch her breath. He fought so hard to maintain control. He kept moving, slow, small strokes, feeling her building up and up. She moaned a little, the most beautiful thing he had seen. Her gasps drew him over the edge and as he stilled within her, spilled his seed deep, she kissed him.

...

The room was dark but Logan could sense the approaching morning. It was almost Spring and the days were becoming warmer, brighter. He nuzzled into her, his beautiful Marie. Her lips twitched into a small smile in her sleep, aware of his presence even though she wasn't aware of anything else.

Logan cupped the small swell in her belly, round with his cub. He'd be here before Summer came. He closed his eyes and went back to sleep, the most content he had ever been.

Marie turned to rub her cheek against his bare chest. She loved the way the hairs tickled her. She thought back on all the memories she had from him, how different he was from how he used to be, and smiled.

For she had tamed him. He belonged to her, the Wolverine.

Her Wolverine.
Chapter End Notes:
If you have a moment, please please please review!

I'm already working on another, darker Rogan fic to feed my obsession. If anyone can recommend a crazy dark, M rated Rogan, please PM me as I've run out of reading material. X