Author's Chapter Notes:
If anyone wondered why I've been updating so fast it's because I have most of this story already typed out. I need to know where it's going before I post so I won't abandon it halfway. We all know how annoying that can be..

What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.
They sat in a diner an hour or so outside of Westchester. Heavy rain lashed down at the windows, the blackness from outside pressing in. The kid seemed to have almost recovered fully, sitting unsupported in the booth. It was remarkable how one week ago she'd been so badly damaged and here she was sitting feeding herself. Her sneaker covered feet dangled a way off the dirty tiled floor, swaying with anxiety. He could smell her nervousness in the change of surroundings like he could smell the blood oozing from the rare steak he'd just devoured.

"Eat up kid." She pushed baked potato filling around the plate. It was a large meal, her largest yet but she'd hardly eaten any. The girl let out a barely audible sigh.

"You wanna talk about what happened?" to his amazement she shook her head. So she did understand him.

"I know you can talk, I heard you call my name last night." She pretended to concentrate on mushing a piece of potato into a pile of beans but her eyes were glazed again and Logan knew her thoughts were very far away.

"You know where we're going later, don't cha? Xavier's school, there are other kids there.. Kids like you.." she barley registered him.

"Can I get you anymore drinks?" the waitress had come back over for the third time to check on them. Logan had already surveyed her when he entered. Petite, perky breasts, long auburn hair in a messy bun, pieces falling out around her flushed face, egger to please. She was very pretty, a girl Logan would have picked up in the past. By picked up he meant 'fucked out back.'

The younger girls' presence seemed to dull the animalistic need for sex, reduced his frequently aching loins into a satisfied stupor. He felt as though he was taking care of a cub, a child who was watching and learning from him all the right ways to behave. Of course he still entertained himself in the shower every now and then, using his extensive memory bank of encounters as material but he just didn't feel the urge with her around. That would all change once he dropped her off at the school. Then he could get back to his normal life, knowing she was safe.

"No thanks." Logan replied, not even glancing at the waitress who pouted and stalked off. He threw a twenty down on the table. The kid was getting to be kinda attractive now that he thought about it; her body was still slender and pale but she had put on a little weight, more colour flushed her cheeks. Everyday there had been more of an improvement.

"Okay baby, let's go." He pulled her out of the booth to huddle in beside him and with a quick kiss of her temple they walked out into the night.



And hour later they arrived at the mansion school for gifted children. Logan carried her through the back entrance so she wouldn't have to tread in the thick mud. Her heart rate was up, beating quick as a hummingbird's. Her arms were wrapped securely around his neck. The girls' scent apart from nervous was good. The chemicals had finally leaked out of her system, leaving her smelling like any other kid. Logan took this as a good sign.

"Logan, so good to see you again." Professor Xavier welcomed him in from the rain, flanked by Jean and Scott.

He'd be damned if Jean wasn't the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. The red head had been a terrible flirt and a pain in Logan's ass since the day he met her. Unfortunately she was engaged to the most pompous, stuck up son of a bitch on this living earth. Scott was so self-important it was a wonder he even had time for a fiancé.

"Hello Chuck, Jean, One eye…" Scott glared at Logan though his red tinted glasses while Jean gave him a knowing smile. Xavier had overbearing kindness etched in every line of his face. Logan could tell he was trying hard to tap into the kids mind.

"This is the little one you've told me about? What's your name?" The girl buried her face in Logan's neck when she was addressed. He hoisted her up a bit higher and steadied her with his other arm.

"She doesn't talk.." Logan growled a little, annoyed at the old man for frightening her, rubbing her back gently in circles the way she liked. She turned her wet cheek so she could keep an eye on the welcome party.

"Keep that kind of behaviour outside the house, dog." Spat Scott.

"That's rich coming from a man who's never …"

"Okay boys.." Jean simpered. "Logan.. May I have a look at her?" she stepped towards the feral slowly, with a hand outstretched. Logan took a hesitant step backwards. "Please, I'm not going to hurt her.." Jean reached up to the girl as the kid let out a low whine, cowering into her protector.

"No that's enough, she's scared." He pulled her away from Jean, tucking her more behind the security blanket of his hip. "Chuck, where is our room, she needs to sleep."

"Logan, I don't think it's appropriate for you to be sharing a room, let alone a bed with.."

"We've been doing it since I found her, it's no problem." Logan started to head towards the main staircase, back to his old room.

Scott piped up. "You can't think the Professor would allow a horny mongrel like you to sleep with a kid."

"Believe me Scooter that's the last thing on my mind." He heard Chuck whispering behind him "It's fine for now Scott; we'll sort it out in the morning." Logan was looking forward to settling the kid down and sleeping. He'd make plans tomorrow for when he could leave.



Logan awoke from his long and dreamless sleep to find the girl huddled onto his chest. Her breath came in long slow pulls, relaxed like it should be. She'd become accustomed to his touch; she was much less jumpy almost enjoying the attention Logan lavished upon her. "Too bloody right." He thought.

He watched as her breathing quickened, felt her core body temperature rise a few degrees and her eyes flutter open. He'd just realised the lashes had grown back, thick and dark. They almost looked false in comparison to before, tickling his cheek as her vision adjusted to the early morning light peeking though the curtains.

"Mornin' kiddo." Logan whispered and kissed her temple. She blinked and smiled at him lazily, her fluffy hair falling over one eye. He's miss this; mornings in bed with a young female body to keep him warm. Nothing about it was sexual, just a primal urge for company although it wasn't normal for a man like Logan to wake up like this. The women were always out straight after.

A knock on the door interrupted his bliss. "What?" he snapped, stroking the girls bare back so she kept calm.

"Logan? It's me. Could I come in?" Jean's hushed voice came floating though the door. He loudly sighed in frustration. "Can't it wait until later?"

"I'm afraid not."

Growling, he jumped up, threw on his jeans and grabbed the door open.

"What can I do for you?" Jean's eyes darted from Logan's bare, grizzly tanned chest to the wide eyed girl in the bed and back again.

"I just wanted to check everything was okay?" she pursed her lipsticked mouth, rubbing her wrist where a charm gold charm bracelet rested. Logan remembered this was a gesture she made when she was uncomfortable. Her perfume wafted over, filling his nostrils with a stench so strong he wonder why he hadn't smelt her coming a mile off.

"We're fine!"

"Well.. err.. I need to run a few routine checks on her today, just to make sure she is healthy and whatnot." She forced a smile, trying to focus her green almond shaped eyes on Logan's. He couldn't smell anything but motherly concern on her and softened slightly.

"Can't we do it later? She just woke up"

"It's already noon." Logan ran a hand though his wild mane of hair.

"Fine, we'll be down in half an hour." Jean nodded, seeming satisfied then turned on her high heal and walked back down the corridor, her hips swaying from side to side. Damn! That woman was intrusive but god he was hot for her. He turned back into the room, kicking the door shut behind him.

"Alright kid, shower!"
Chapter End Notes:
Anyone figured out how Marie's mutation works yet? I will reveal later but I wanna see if anyone has got it.

*cough* please review *cough*