Logan stood in the kitchen nursing a cold beer and staring out the window into the dark garden. He could make out the shapes of willow trees and flower boarders in the distance. It looked quiet outside. Peaceful. Maybe the kid would like a walk around out there tomorrow.

He heard footsteps approaching from the hall and turned to see Jean wearing her silky night robe. This time he did smell her coming, that perfume bottle surely was empty by now?

"Hey Logan." She was leaning up against the counter, long auburn hair set perfectly in seductive curls. Logan nodded once and turned back to the window. "Where is the girl?"

"Sleeping."

"Good, I hope she's okay? I didn't mean to give her such a fright."

"She's doing good, going to start learning to control it with Chuck." He took a deep pull of his beer, contemplating the thought.

"Glad to hear." Jean had slipped up close to Logan without him realizing and she placed a cool manicured hand on his arm.

"I wanted to talk to you about her recovery. I know you wanted to be moving on soon and I think it would be better now than later. I know you have.. certain urges and I don't think you should be in such close proximity with her."

"I'm not going to lay a finger on her in that way" He growled.

"I know you don't want to hurt her.. but I know how long it's been.. how long you have been with out the comfort of a woman." Was she coming onto him? Her voice was soft and slow, almost hypnotic in its steady rhythm. She leaned in closer, so she could whisper in his ear.

"I know you care about the girl and its going to be difficult for you to leave her here in our care but it's for the best. Just think, she'll be here with children her own age. She'll be able to learn and interact with them without being overshadowed by a feral man. A man who needs to be free to come and go as he pleases. A man with no restraints." Logan heard her tongue run over her lips as she spoke, her hand now resting on his bicep.

No restraint sounded very good right now, the Wolverine inside him was pounding the bars of his cage at the close proximity of a willing female. He could smell how much she wanted him and it drove his feral side wild. Jean pulled back and Logan saw the dark swirl of desire in her eyes.

"Let go Logan, let him free."

His lips came crashing down on hers in frenzy. He pushed her back against the wall as he ravished her mouth, neck and chest. All he could think at that moment was want, want, want. Jean moaned into his mouth as he ground into her supple body. The robes silky material felt good on his hands but her bare skin felt even better.

She helped divulged him of his belt and pushed his pants off his hips. Logan didn't waste any time ridding her of her clothes. She was thinner than he had thought; her bony chest looked deflated without the help of her push up bra. That didn't put him off though; he just tuned her around and laid her over the counter. He slammed into her with such a force that she cried out, covering her mouth with a large rough hand to muffle her screams.

The beast was purring at finally making a conquest. But something was not entirely right. The man in Logan was fighting to break the surface and regain control over his body. He was having a hard time finishing knowing it was Jean under him, she wasn't the type of woman he desired anymore.

"What's wrong." She turned around, trying to see why he was stopping.

"I can't, I'm sorry." He pulled out, stowing himself back in his Jeans.

She tried to give him a sympathetic smile but tears filled her eyes and she slid down the counter to the floor. Logan, not knowing how to act in this situation, sat down beside her. He could smell what was off now he'd become accustomed to the perfume.

"Does Scott know?"

"Know what?" of course, she knew what he was talking about. She was a god-damn telepath.

"That you're unfertile." A lone tear fell down Jean's cheek.

"No." she whispered. "Please don't tell him, all he wants is a baby." He gave her a long, helpless stare.

"He'll leave me as soon as he finds out." Logan drew her into his arms as she cried silently.

"You know there are other options; you could adopt. I wish I could do something to help." He felt helpless as Jean clutched his arms harder, mascara smudged down her face.

"I thought if I had any chance of getting pregnant, it would be with you."

"This nose don't lie Jean, there's no chance." She sniffed, wiping her wet cheeks with the back of her hand and trying again to give him a smile.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. Kissing his cheek she got up and left, leaving Logan sitting stunned on the floor. What the hell just happened?

Little did either of them know that Scott had overheard the exchange while coming to see where his fiancé was. Jean had lied to him and Logan had finally done what he had silently been threatening to do for years. He would make them both pay.



Logan crept back into bed, snuggling up to the girls' warm body. He breathed in her scent, feeling guilt about what he'd just done. It wasn't like there were in a relationship but he felt like he had cheated, done her wrong.

She turned over in her sleep to face him. Logan could make out the shape of her lips, parted delicately, her eyebrows furrowed together. "Logan." She breathed.

"Yeah baby, I'm here." He knew what was bothering her. She could smell Jean, what just happened. Even if she didn't recognise that particular smell yet. He drew his hand up to smooth her hair back.

"Marie." The word came out almost inaudibly, a puff of air. He could tell she was somewhere between sleep and wakefulness, but the name she spoke was hers. He smiled to himself in the darkness. She'd finally shared something with him.

"Go back to sleep." Without even thinking, his lips touched hers. It wasn't exactly a kiss; Logan didn't know what exactly it was only that he enjoyed it more that he should have. He lay staring at the ceiling, thinking about it until morning.
Chapter End Notes:
Uh-oh! What just happened?

What does everyone think of Scott/ Jean? I've never been a fan but sometimes their dynamic can work in my twisted favour.