The water was never going to turn cold on its own. Logan knew the water heaters that were installed in the rest of the school, he had no doubt these were the same and the supply of hot water was endless. Didn’t matter, cold water wasn’t going to fix the primal need he was feeling. Only one thing would do that. 

He heard Marie enter the men’s shower area and decided to pretend he hadn’t. Not that he didn’t think she’d find him but trying to act like he was finishing up and everything was normal between them wasn’t going to work either. 

His first mission and everything had been going fine. ‘Stick with Rogue, she knows what to do.’ And she did know, and he easily played backup to her lead. He’d fought tougher foes and harder battles, he’d been in worse bar brawls. But he was okay with watching her backside as they fought together. 

When word came that the mission was successful, the organization’s information had been retrieved and the local cops were on their way, that was when things went wrong. Marie had flung herself at him, her mouth on his in a joyful kiss. It was completely unexpected and turned the adrenaline rushing through his body into a fuel for something else. 

She’d been on her own adrenaline high and her pheromones filled his nostrils threatening to suffocate him. The taste of her blood from a split lip flooded his mouth, her ripeness calling to his feral senses. He’d had to quarantine himself in the back of the jet, forcing himself to meditate on the way back to the mansion.

“Well, this isn’t a side of you I get to see very often,” she said with amusement as she leaned against the tiled partition. “I heartily approve.”

Grunting in response, he thought about tilting his head back into the water and drowning himself. Drowning was never a nice way to go, and he didn’t prefer it, but it might get him out of this situation. At least temporarily. 

Rogue had noticed his tense silence after the mission, had even given him some space on the Blackbird, hoping this hadn’t been too much for him. He’d fought well, even appeared to have fun beating their opponents. Yet she was beginning to think this might have brought up old memories he wished to remain buried. Perhaps she could help relieve some of the tension.

Logan could hear the whisper of fabric as she shed her clothes. Her lush scent was mixing with the shower mist and cloaking him in it. Maybe he would drown after all, just not like he was thinking. 

The haze of lust was starting to blind him and he closed his eyes against it. Her gentle hands caressed his shoulders, trying to break the knots there as she pressed her body into his. He placed his hands on the wall for support and to keep from touching her, to keep from making her do as he wished. 

Despite her actions, she didn’t think her attempt to soothe him was working. Closing her eyes, she sighed and ducked under his arm so she stood in front of him. “Logan,” she began before opening her eyes. “I’m sorry if ... this... didn’t...” she finally trailed off. 

He opened his eyes and stared at her, a growl rumbling through his chest. She was taken back by the raw need and her gaze drifted lower to his hard cock proudly jutting out from his body. Flushing, her eyes darted back to his. “Oh.” She had completely misread the source of his tension.

Pressing a kiss to his lips, Rogue placed a hand on his chest, letting the growl roll into her. His lips didn’t yield to the soft pressure and a thrill of excitement traveled down her spine. Logan had been disciplined in all of their sexual encounters until now. This was something she hadn’t seen and thought of what might happen made her wet. Going on a gut feeling, she turned to face away from him and swept her hair from her neck. 

Logan accepted the invitation, closing the space between them and pushing her flat against the tiled wall. His cock pressed into the soft flesh of her curves as he slid a hand down her side and across her stomach to the apex of her heat. Rubbing his stubble over her shoulder, he ended with a nip at her neck. 

She purred as he nuzzled her neck, sliding a finger along her moist folds. Inhaling her scent told him she was ready for the taking and he wasted no time correcting the angle of her hips for entry. A moan of pleasure escaped her lips at his first thrust. 

He knew he should spare time for her needs, but the primal desire driving him left little room for bargaining. He wrapped one arm around her chest and the other settled on her hip. Pumping into her, he wanted nothing more than to find his own release. He did have enough presence of mind to not bite and mark her, instead; he grit his teeth. The noises she made spelled his doom, and he thrust into her a final time. 

Rogue pressed her cheek into the cool tile. Her body still hummed, she’d been too surprised by his intensity to do much more than hold on for the ride. But now as he slowly rocked into her, she let out a shaky breath. “More...,” she pleaded, pushing her hips further back. “Please.”

She couldn’t believe she was begging, he was being rougher than he’d ever been before and selfish in his drive for pleasure. However, after the mission and the adrenaline still flooding her system... it satisfied something deep in her. This wild side he was showing her, freed her to explore her baser instincts. 

He started to move his head, and she reached up to hold him there. The feel of his stubble, his breath in her ear and the thought he might bite her were all turn-ons, and she didn’t want to lose that. Taking the hint he shifted behind her, causing her to raise up on her tiptoes and suck in a breath when his fingers began working her clit. 

Logan was a little surprised, Marie rarely asked for anything sexually and to ask for more of this. He pushed down the guilt rising up at her trust in him. He hadn’t shown her his feral side and yet she trusted him to take care of her, to not hurt her. 

He’d already grown hard again and was thrusting, only wanting to feel her convulse around him. They didn’t often talk during sex either and in his haze; he wasn’t sure exactly what she was pleading for as his fingers circled her clit but he couldn’t hold back this time. One kiss on her shoulder turned into two and he felt her body tense and he held her still with his teeth where he’d kissed just moments before. 

Wildly he slammed into her as she moaned his name, her climax sending a shudder through her body. Grabbing her hips forcefully, he ground into her, filling her for the second time. Then leaning into her for support from being light-headed, his need was finally satisfied. 

Logan didn’t know what to say to her as they detangled their bodies from one another. When he first planned on getting her to warm his bed during his stay, he didn’t care if he treated her this way. Now, though, he cared and he knew he shouldn’t. He’d fallen in love with her and it mattered to him what she wanted out of this relationship. It was probably just as well that she saw this now before things became too complicated and neither of them could walk away easily. 

Watching her dress, he saw his fingerprints on her hips and knew they would turn into bruises. There was also the matter of the welt on her shoulder from him biting her. He’d never felt the desire to claim a mate like he had with her. The experience left them both quiet and unnerved him when he saw her hands shaking as she tried to hook her bra and failed. 

Logan stepped over to help her, not that he could hook it, he was better at undoing them, but his hands were steadier now. He smelled her apprehension, and she didn’t melt into his touch like normal.

“Marie, I didn’t mean to...” he trailed off wanting to place a kiss on the welt but didn’t know if it would be accepted. 

If she moved a certain way, she could see a good portion of the bite mark. It didn’t look bad, but it made her flush with embarrassment. She was a complete wreck, her body ached in a good way and she had the jitters from the adrenaline still in her system. Good thing they had been leaning up against the wall because she was sure if they’d been on the floor she would never have gotten up. 

Rogue knew him well enough now that she would need to head off where he was going. Turning, she kissed him softly, “You didn’t hurt me, I’m just,” pausing she searched for the right words. 

Wrapping a strand of white hair around his fingers, he looked down at her. This was one of his secrets, the extent to which his mutation made him animalistic. It wasn’t always pretty, that being part of the reason he kept it tightly controlled. 

She put a finger to his lips to keep him from expressing regret. “Remember when I asked if sex was always so amazing?”

He nodded, wondering how lackluster this was for her in retrospect. 

“What I didn’t understand was that it only makes me love you more. That it’s you that makes it amazing.” She blushed again. “Whether it’s soft and romantic or...” Tipping her head back toward the shower, she shifted uncomfortably.

The area smelled like soap and water and sex, now Logan was picking up a fresh wave of arousal from her. 

“How do you do it?” she asked. He raised an eyebrow in question and she raised a shaking hand. “Make me want you so bad it gives me the shakes.”

“That might be low blood sugar,” he offered, giving her an out. 

Pulling her shirt on over her head, Rogue started for the hall. “Well, then we better grab something to eat so we can do this again and find out which one it is.”

He watched her a moment walking down the hall, hips swaying attractively. “Who am I to argue with a good idea?”

Logan knew he was only putting off the inevitable and sooner or later he would have to deal with his true mission and the web of lies he was living. Right now though he was hoping for later, much, much later, because tonight the world would be put on hold while he made love to his woman.