As the meeting let out Rogue was looking forward to a quiet elevator ride with Logan. In the last week, they’d had very little time together and this would be a nice reprieve from the bustling mansion. Even if they didn’t talk, it would be nice to simply stand next to him without any expectations from a group of students. Really she was hoping they could set a time to go dancing and get that drink. 

No sooner had the doors opened than a gaggle of younger X-Men appeared from somewhere ready to squeeze every last one of them into the elevator. It was bad enough that Storm took one look and went the opposite direction. Rogue, having made the mistake of getting on when they appeared, ended up in the back corner pressed into Logan. 

It didn’t help any that Jubilee was one of the other occupants regaling the others with her adventure from the other day. Her stories were always fantastical and filled with tons of gestures, meaning Jubilee required more space than her petite frame took up. That didn’t help with the already crowded situation. 

Logan wasn’t sure that their trip through the Los Angeles sewers was anywhere near the escapade Jubilee was making it out to be. It definitely wasn’t the worst place either of them had been, though she did have all of her ‘ew’ and ‘gross’ comments down accurately. There was one benefit to her storytelling, no one was watching him in the back corner. 

Not that he ever cared about people seeing what he was doing. He was more concerned about Marie’s comfort, especially after the jawing he’d gotten from Jubilee on their mission about not trivializing Rogue’s pain when she was still hurting from her breakup. He knew from Marie herself there was no lingering upset, just the same he was more sensitive to her public image than he normally would be. 

Currently, she was mostly leaning into him with no indication she would be using the other space available to her. He didn’t mind. She smelled good, lightly of her soap and shampoo, but mostly just Marie. He’d filtered out everything else and concentrated on that alone and the feel of her body melting into his. 

Rogue took solace in the situation; at least she had a solid wall of Logan at her back. This was the closest they’d been in a long time, training didn’t count because that was work. On the other hand, this was… well, something different and she best not let her mind wonder at the warmth of his body and the sensations it caused low in her abdomen. 

She went stiff with surprise when his hand came to rest on her hip. He began to pull away, and she cursed herself knowing he had misinterpreted her reaction. In an attempt to stop him, she gently placed her and over his. At the gesture, he relaxed and left his hand where it was. 

In spite of what errant thoughts might do, she was curious at whether it would be a good idea to step beyond their friendship. The thought of letting him hold her like this all the time did more than warm her chest, it caused a coiling of those sensations in her gut. The thought of his strong warm hands in other places or better yet on her hips keeping her in place was making her wet. 

The hair on her neck stirred with his breathing, adding other interesting thoughts to her already busy brain. The hand on her hip had been almost lazy to this point, now it took on a firmer grip securing her to him. She thought she could feel a low rumble beginning at her back from his chest and a hardness pressing into the curve of her butt cheek. This was not helping her maintain the appearance of being unaffected. 

Logan was quickly reformulating his plans for this afternoon. Despite what he’d been thinking moments ago and trying to take it slow with Marie, he was sure they could work something out in private. She appeared receptive to his advances in this crowded spot, even going as far as pushing herself back onto his hard cock. It would be a simple matter to move this to his room, though hers was closer. 

“Boom! Right into the sludge,” Jubilee exclaimed, arms going wide at the same time the elevator came to a stop.

Great timing because Logan’s mind was already racing toward a different sort of adventure. “Marie,” he murmured hotly into her ear and he saw her flesh prickle up from the sensation.

“My room is closest,” she whispered in return. 

The doors slid open, and they straightened, ready to make a hasty retreat when a hand shot out from the others exiting. “Chica, have I got a story for you.” Rogue could only look back apologetically as Jubilee dragged her from the elevator. 

He wasn’t worried, he’d wait around a few minutes; Jubilee’s attention would naturally wane then he would be able to snatch Marie away. Or so he thought until Hank stepped into view. 

“Logan, precisely the person I was looking for,” Hank said with a smile. “Your assistance in the Danger Room would be highly appreciated.”

“Why not,” Logan said with a sigh, watching Marie disappear out of sight as the elevator doors closed once again.