Jubilee’s story had been more along the lines of a plan to finally get Kitty and Piotr together on a date. Rogue’s plans for the evening, those that heavily featured Logan, had pretty much been ruined. She’d gone down to the lower levels in search of him when she finally slipped away from Jubilee, but he was not to be found. In the end, she’d gone along with Jubilee because even though her relationship with Logan was on the back burner for the evening, that was no reason to deny another couple a chance at something more. 

Once again, she’d dressed up to go out for dinner and dancing. At a predetermined time, Rogue was supposed to find an excuse to leave Kitty and Piotr alone. It came a lot sooner than expected during supper when she’d noticed that spot on Jubilee’s forearm had grown in size and was in need of constant scratching. 

Now she was leaving Jubilee in Jean’s capable hands to run some tests on the ‘sewer rash’ as it had been dubbed. 

“If you would stop by like protocol states after such a mission this could be avoided.” Rogue could hear the exasperation in Jean’s voice at the argument being put forth by Jubilee. 

“Are you kidding me, and miss the big sale!” Jubilee exclaimed. “I don’t see you bugging Logan about not following protocol.”

Rogue was glad she had no part in this discussion as those two were never going to see eye to eye on this particular subject. Her night was over anyway and if she was skillful enough, she could slip away from them. Maybe if she was lucky, she could find Logan and he would help her with her sticky zipper.

Walking out of the infirmary she almost ran smack dab into him. His hair was damp like he’d just showered and she’d bet anything she couldn’t find him earlier because of a mission. It warmed her a little to know that he hadn’t been avoiding her. Didn’t matter as he was here now, looking good in his jeans and flannel shirt and she thought about asking him to go dancing. Though she was a little overdressed to go dancing at one of his usual haunts. 

“I see I missed the dance,” Logan commented as they turned toward the elevator. He eyed her dress; if he remembered right it had a zipper that would need some encouragement to go down all the way. 

“There’s still time,” she replied. That same feeling in her chest flared back up from the elevator ride earlier this afternoon. Their relationship issues might be resolved tonight after all. 

He didn’t hesitate and offered his hand to her. She immediately grasped it and he swung her around into his arms. With a practiced hand he waltzed her down the hall, at the elevator he dipped her and placed a quick kiss to her throat while pushing the elevator button. He changed the steps to keep them near their ride and her closer to his chest. 

This was nice, not as good as earlier today but he wouldn’t mind her being his only dance partner the rest of his life. It was a thought that no longer left him unsure, one he no longer considered a dilemma to be wrestled with. The mansion was the closest thing he’d ever had to a home, and he knew that was due in a large part to Marie. He would be an idiot to let her slip away.

The doors opened, and he spun her into the small space. “Much better than the club,” she said, resting her head on his shoulder. Rogue smiled as he began humming an old, slow country tune even she knew as they swayed back and forth. 

Sighing in contentment she didn’t want to ruin the moment with a discussion of their relationship or where this was all headed. She was positive she was in love with him and she had enough experience to know it from lust. To be sure, there was a tad bit of lust in the mix, but there was more too. She would be fine with this slow dance the rest of her life. 

His hand moved lower to the small of her back. The heat penetrated her through, making her insides tighten and she couldn’t help the small moan that escaped her. “God, Logan you make me so hot.”

He responded with a growl that vibrated her from head to toe and she couldn’t let this moment pass. She maneuvered them over to the control panel and pushed the button to stop the elevator. “And wet, but I suspect you knew that,” she said looking him square in the eye. 

Logan gave her a lopsided grin, “It was either me or the elevator, thought I better wait and find out.”

She huffed at him, “You don’t wait for any woman.”

It was the truth, he’d never been above finding a quick fuck to satisfy his animalistic needs before now. Yet he also had to admit that was one of those bad habits he’d dropped since coming back from Japan. “Maybe I found one worth waiting for.”

Blushing prettily, she ducked her head, peeking up at him through her lashes. Her scent was filling up the space, seeping into his every pore and he wouldn’t have it any other way. 

“Maybe you shouldn’t make her wait any longer,” she whispered to him.

“Is that so?” he asked backing her into the wall.

A smile crept across her lips and she nodded when her back hit the wall. He didn’t ask permission; he didn’t need to. Rogue knew they had an understanding that could be smoothed out later. 

He leaned in and she tilted her head to meet his lips with hers. She was the first to deepen the kiss but his hand tangled in her hair keeping her there. The kiss did little to calm her body, instead, its urgency made the lust rush to the forefront. Her body had gone from a pleasant hum to a fierce roar that she knew he felt too.

Lifting her up, Logan pressed her into the wall so that his hard cock was cradled against her heat. Inching his fingers under the hem of her dress, he skated them along her outer thigh as she wrapped her legs around his waist. She had on that flimsy piece of lace she called underwear and he thought about getting the elevator moving again because he wanted her in his bed.

Marie was ahead of him, already reaching between them unfastening his buckle. He broke the kiss. “Here?” Not that it hadn’t crossed his mind, and he knew their first time wasn’t going to be him at the door with a box of chocolates and flowers, but he thought she might want a mattress at her back.  

“That’s what happens when you keep me waiting.” Or he thought her answer was along those lines because he was having a hard time making it out with the blood pounding in his ears. He was also busy nipping his way down her neck. On impulse, he gave a quick yank to those panties, and they came off in his hand. 

This is what Rogue had been wanting, needing. No pretty words, no trying to charm her; it was simply them being honest about their need. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him tuck what was left of her panties in his shirt pocket as she finally freed him from his jeans. 

His first thrust was swift and satisfying. She wasn’t sure which one of them was shaking from the need, but he’d paused breathing heavily at her neck. His fingers were going to leave bruises on her ass cheeks because he was holding her like she might leave otherwise. There was no chance of that, not if this was anything like what being with him would be.

Logan took a moment to gather his wits. Seconds ago he’d let her scent settle over him, now it was all about them and that particular scent wasn’t going to help him regain control. Neither were those nice stilettoes digging into the back of his thighs.

“Damn, you feel good,” he mumbled, grinding into her. She moaned in response levering herself against the wall, forcing him to move. 

“Just…” she hissed as he started to pump into her. Whatever she was going to say was lost in the sensation. It was all building way too fast and even though she wanted to, she knew there was no slowing it down.

She held onto his shoulders tightly as she felt the beginning wave of pleasure overtake her. His mouth was still on her throat and she thought she felt the sharp sting of his teeth. His movements became jerky, and a growl rolled up through his chest as he spilled himself into her. 

It took a few minutes before she could stand on her own, by that time he had straightened her clothes, tucked himself back in, and restarted the elevator. She wobbled a little on her high heels when the elevator stopped at their floor. The doors opened, and he swept her up off her feet. 

“You need some bedrest,” he said striding down the hall with her secure in his arms. 

“Ain’t gonna get any rest in your bed,” she commented with a content sigh, resting her head on his shoulder.

“Probably not,” he agreed. “You’ll have to steal a little healing to make up for it.”